Wilfs take early steps in what become new coach gm searches

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Wilfs take early steps in what become new coach gm searches

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:06 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:32 pm

Why be on the QB merry-go-round when we already have one of the best in the NFL?
A little too early to say that about Mond, don't you think?
It's not too early to say Mond won't be one of the best. I'm obviously talking about Captain Kirk.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:35 pm
Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Yeah, he doesn't look like a guy that is going to turn the corner. Looks like another good college QB playing on a team that severely outclasses everyone they play. Kind of like Ohio St QBs.
I have absolutely no idea how you guys can say this. Have you actually watched a single Jacksonville play? He's had some good moments, easily playing the second-best among the five first-rounders from last year. And something tells me that if you had put him on New England instead of Mac Jones, he'd be doing just fine.

This guy was thrown into the most dysfunctional organization possible, with one of the worst coaches in the history of the NFL. And you have already determined him a bust?

Wow.
I don't rule out the possibility of Lawrence being good some day, but my best guess is he won't pan out.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:10 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:06 pm

A little too early to say that about Mond, don't you think?
Nope. I've seen this act many times.
Char Stump knew I was talking about Captain Kirk and he thought he'd do a funny acting as if I'm talking about Mond.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:10 pm
CharVike wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:10 pm
Nope. I've seen this act many times.
Char Stump knew I was talking about Captain Kirk and he thought he'd do a funny acting as if I'm talking about Mond.
I was confused.
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Hard to blame speilman for drafting Carlson. He is having a great season for the raiders. It would appear our coaches didn’t do their job
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

So are the Wilfs going to declare Zimmer gone at the end of the season. And start their search for a new coach or they going to wait till the end of the season and possibly lose out on some candidates?
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

halfgiz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:39 am So are the Wilfs going to declare Zimmer gone at the end of the season. And start their search for a new coach or they going to wait till the end of the season and possibly lose out on some candidates?
They'll wait. If he beats the lowly Bears I feel like they'll keep him. Hope I'm wrong.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Byron Leftwich or Kellen Moore please.
Leftwich already getting an interview with Jax. Hope that they announce Zim is done and have the opportunity to go get what they want, instead of what's left
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:05 am Byron Leftwich or Kellen Moore please.
Leftwich already getting an interview with Jax. Hope that they announce Zim is done and have the opportunity to go get what they want, instead of what's left
I like Adam Peters from the 49ers to take Speilman's spot first. If Speilman is still around might as well keep daddy Zim also and keep floundering through the same BS off season and draft like always. Speilman is the one that needs to get the boot. He cost our franchise big time last draft. Now we sit with the same major problem we have had forever and that's nothing on the OL. You can't compete with that POS and it's years away from being fixed. This f ing Bradbury get's called for a trip and trips the guy right back into the QB for a sack. How is that do nothing stiff still on the team. If he had a base and some size you could live with him. He's a human blocking cone who can't do anything and to make matters worse he was a 1st round pick. The 2 OL guys picked this year are graded F by me. The LT is a swinging gate and this G was beat out by holder udoh and some bum that Speilman gave nothing away for. Basically a 3rd or 4th stringer. A do nothing draft pick. We made zero improvement and that falls on Speilman.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

IIsweet wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:05 am Byron Leftwich or Kellen Moore please.
They won’t fire Zimmer now. Or at least I’d be surprised if they did. But the good news is that this will all be over in two weeks. The only teams ahead of us in the coaching search are the Raiders and the Jags. That said, if the Wilfs fire Spielman, then the search for a coach might have to wait until we hire a GM.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.