Vikings @ Ravens post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings @ Ravens post game

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:56 am Actually I feel that we are in games because we do have a lot of talent on the roster. Many veteran players.
I do not ever get to really see the games, but the ones I have seen, I do not feel like they ever create momentum and sustain it.
I feel that it is their job to play the game, and that is their mentality. It is just a job !!
Players take on the mentality of their HC, and I feel that that is his take also. Give me the Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan that are running down the sidelines. The offensive play caller that sees a weakness, exploits it, the players execute, and hit a big play. That is so much fun.
I do not see these guys as excited to play, I see minimal interest in the outcome.
Hate to say it but that's what it is a job. They are all competitive people beyond anything the average joe knows or they wouldn't be at the highest level of this sport. To win you need talent and coaching. Sometimes talent can overcome the coaching. The Cowboys won Super Bowls with two very different coaches Johnson and Switzer with same core team but they had outstanding talent across the board. Starting with a HOF QB and other HOFers. Look at this Buc team. That HC couldn't win with that stiff Jameis at QB but they won the ultimate goal because they have the best QB to ever play the game. Same HC. Our team lacks talent IMO. I don't see one guy that will make the HOF on this roster. Our starting QB is a hair above average sometimes. This defense is an absolute joke. You can't let teams pound the ball down your throat. That's loser football and shows guys are getting dominated at the LOS. That's a lack of talent. Hold the point and the running game will be slowed down. Look at our 4 starters in the secondary. I don't see many stars back there. I don't see a young Rhodes or a young Harry. We are in a wild card fight and we are losing that battle. If we get beat the next two weeks it's over. That's a real possibility also.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:16 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:51 pm
And my point is this … why can’t Mike Zimmer support any quarterback not named Teddy Bridgewater?

I mean, no good head coach goes into a game thinking, “I don’t trust my quarterback.” A good head coach puts his quarterback, whatever his ability level, in a position to succeed.

That’s why I want an offensive-minded head coach. Mike Zimmer, as has been reported over and over and over, has almost nothing to do with his offense except on a 100,000-foot level. Essentially, his entire contribution to the offense is “don’t turn it over.” He’s a defensive coordinator with a title. I want somebody who can empower his quarterback to be the best version of himself. Zimmer is not that. Never has been, and ain’t about to change at this point.

And by the way, luck had little to do with the way Case played against the Rams in 2017. Zimmer saying it did is a clear indication of either idiocy or bias.
It is a clear indication that he knew better than most fans what Case was doing wasn't sustainable.

Zimmer has talked up Cousins before and considering Cousins is the highest paid player on the team and consistently does very little to help the team win or worse, there are surprising few quotes of him ripping him. Cousins might be the least ripped player by Zimmer on the team, which is dumb because I think Cousins plays better when he is mad.
Zimmer talks up alot of things. He never backs that talk up with results. We made the NFL champ game with his No 1 ranked defense. That was the time to back up the talk with a W. He couldn't back it up. Cousins was a bad move. Put him on the bench and move forward. We have three other guys. Nothing happens waiting for a sunny day. Make the sunny day.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

Cousins is not the weakness.
Defense and Zim are old as Pepperidge Farm and we need to destroy and rebuild this team from the ground up. Or we’ll be stuck with mediocrity once again.

Under the Wilf’s ownership; being a Vikes fan is like being in a toxic relationship. The woman you’re with constantly cheats on you but you stick with her because the fornication is great but there’s no sense of life’s direction along with it. Afraid to break up the relationship.

This seems like the Wilf’s vision of the MIN Vikings. Complacency.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Dolphins beat Ravens but Zimmer can't lmao.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.