Vikings @ Ravens post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings @ Ravens post game

Post by StumpHunter »

40for60 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:42 pm Zimmer 19-44 against teams with a winning record.
Still better than Cousins on his career and it was pretty good the 3 years prior to Cousins joining.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:21 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:57 pm

I do not see Dorn staying in if Harrison comes back next week
I'm talking Camryn Bynum
Camryn is not staying in if Harrison comes back next week
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:24 pm
40for60 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:42 pm Zimmer 19-44 against teams with a winning record.
Still better than Cousins on his career and it was pretty good the 3 years prior to Cousins joining.
It is not a fair comparison since Redskins is a terrible franchise, if Redskins is a good team and Cousins has a losing record against winning teams then that is a fair comparison
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:26 pm
I'm talking Camryn Bynum
9 tackles and an interception. But whatever they do they do. It's there call and then goodbye.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm talking Camryn Bynum
Harrison is not coming back next week. He’s out for 10 days on the covidiot list.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

I wasn't able to watch any of the 2nd half, saw parts of OT. Most of the 1st half. Wife had bday activities. : |

Want to rewatch and see how Cole did. Can't be worse than Bradbury. Seemed somewhat decent in the 1st half. Wasn't watching him closely though. Did Davis ever play for Udoh or was it Brandel the rest of the way? Wish we went through JJ more offense in general. Not taking anything away from Cook.

Wasn't comfortable with the FG after the int in the 1st half. That needed to be a TD. Jackson too good, have to get up as much as you can, he is one of the players that can take over an NFL game. Not many exist.

What I saw of bynum he looked good. Harrison shouldn't be back next week from my understanding, which is he is unvaccinated and they have to be out min 10 days. So since it was positive on the pre-game test today, it's next week's game for sure he's still out.

Oh yeah, I do love the white uniforms. Heh.
Last edited by makila on Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

S197 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:37 pm

Harrison is not coming back next week. He’s out for 10 days on the covidiot list.
Good. Let the kid get some time.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

makila wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:43 pm I wasn't able to watch any of the 2nd half, saw parts of OT. Most of the 1st half. Wife had bday activities. : |

Want to rewatch and see how Cole did. Can't be worse than Bradbury. Seemed somewhat decent in the 1st half. Wasn't watching him closely though. Did Davis ever play for Udoh or was it Brandel the rest of the way? Wish we went through JJ more offense in general. Not taking anything away from Cook.

Wasn't comfortable with the FG after the int in the 1st half. That needed to be a TD. Jackson too good, have to get up as much as you can, he is one of the players that can take over an NFL game. Not many exist.

What I saw of bynum he looked good. Harrison shouldn't be back next week from my understanding, which is he is unvaccinated and they have to be out min 10 days. So since it was positive on the pre-game test today, it's next week's game for sure he's still out.

Oh yeah, I do love the white uniforms. Heh.
After that INT we should have immediately tried for a TD score.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

S197 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:37 pm

I did not know that, well, if Camryn continues to play well, maybe Vikings will release Harrison and eat the money after the season
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:19 pm Is there a single fan here that felt even remotely comfortable ahead by two TD's in the 2nd half?

The 66 yard run by Cook was both a blessing and a curse. I knew that after that run, they would try to run the ball no matter the lack of success. Other than that run, they averaged 2.7 yards per run. But they didn't give up. It was basically 50-50 in run/pass attempts. After the interception in OT, they dump one out to Cook for 2 yards and then a 2nd & 8 run attempt for 1 yard. I've become almost completely apathetic and numb towards this team. I just want ZImmer and crew gone.
The Vikings rushed it 11 times to 5 pass attempts the first two TD drives.

After that they threw it 23 times and ran it 14 times. If anything they should be running more.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:28 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:24 pm

It is not a fair comparison since Redskins is a terrible franchise, if Redskins is a good team and Cousins has a losing record against winning teams then that is a fair comparison
Outside of 2017, the Redskins did the same thing with Cousins that the Vikings have done with Cousins, beat bad teams, lose to just about every winning team.

Prior to 2018, the Zimmer's teams were not nearly as consistent against the bad teams or the good teams. In that they had a slightly worse record against losing teams and a much better record against winning ones.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:57 pm
VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:19 pm Is there a single fan here that felt even remotely comfortable ahead by two TD's in the 2nd half?

The 66 yard run by Cook was both a blessing and a curse. I knew that after that run, they would try to run the ball no matter the lack of success. Other than that run, they averaged 2.7 yards per run. But they didn't give up. It was basically 50-50 in run/pass attempts. After the interception in OT, they dump one out to Cook for 2 yards and then a 2nd & 8 run attempt for 1 yard. I've become almost completely apathetic and numb towards this team. I just want ZImmer and crew gone.

After that they threw it 23 times and ran it 14 times. If anything they should be running more.
The first two TD drives had a 66 yard run and a 77 yard pass reception. I don't think the amount of rush attempts had anything to do with the success.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:09 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:57 pm

The first two TD drives had a 66 yard run and a 77 yard pass reception. I don't think the amount of rush attempts had anything to do with the success.
Same with the rest of the drives.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

When we got our second touchdown, I KNEW we'd go in the tank offensively. It happens every game, and it's sickening. Guess how many plays we'd run when we got our second touchdown. SIXTEEN. Exactly one more than the script, and the 16th play was Cousins on a sneak, which was an obvious call from the 1-foot line. When the script is finished, so is our offense.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know whether the problem Cousins, Kubiak, Zimmer, or the Easter Bunny. I don't know, and neither do any of you. But here's what I do know. Whenever the Vikings get the lead, they WILL go into the tank offensively. And that eventually leads to our defense breaking down.

I will say this about our coaching ... it is absolutely inexplicable to me how Klint Kubiak can continue to call running plays on second and long. He does it every time, and our opponents know it. It's as if he thinks, "Well, screen to the tight end lost yardage on first down (for the 40th straight time), so I can't possibly call a pass again." Or it's, "This'll fool 'em." I have no idea what goes through this guys mind. But our playcalling gets us in third and long so much that we might as well skip the first two plays.

Here's the other thing. Third and long against a Wink Martindale defense. Guess what he's going to do, Klint? He's going to bring the house ... every time. And what do we do? Send everybody out on long-developing routes, so Cousins has no chance. The one time you WANT somebody short, we have nobody short. For God's sake, Kubiak, do you even watch film of your opponent?

The sad thing is that the defense, in spite of giving up so many yards, played really well today for much of the game. Guys like Kenny Wilikes get called up from the practice squad and play their butt off. Camryn Bynum did a good job, as did James Lynch. Even Kris Boyd wasn't a disaster. These are guys that Zimmer rarely plays, and they held up well ... until they'd been on the field for about 250 plays thanks to our stuck-in-the-mud offense.

Also ... WHO CALLED KENE NWANGWU during the draft? That's right. I did. Don't toot my horn very often, but I'm doing it here. I told all of you that he would be a difference-maker in the return game, and many of you scoffed at me. Well, sure enough, there he is, taking it to the house on the second touch of his career. Once he got past the first wave, I knew he was gone. You don't catch 4.3.

All in all, a game that has become typical for 2021. Play just well enough to get the lead, then watch the implosion. It's exhausting.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I hope Klint gets fired after the season but changing offensive coordinators every year has gotten old and tiring