Browns @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Browns @ Vikings post game

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Wilfs like mediocrity.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:43 pm
Thaumaturgist wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:39 pm

Yea, but they gave up 180+ on the ground, and 30+ on a key draw play. Unexcusable on a pro team.
Yeah but it is weird because I thought the run defense is going to be their strength but I guess not
I thought so too, but Lucy keeps pulling that football out. 😓
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Yea, but they gave up 180+ on the ground, and 30+ on a key draw play. Unexcusable on a pro team.
Yeah but it is weird because I thought the run defense is going to be their strength but I guess not
It boils down to pis# poor coaching. I’m baffled this guy has a job still.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:45 pm

It boils down to pis# poor coaching. I’m baffled this guy has a job still
I am not because Wilfs loves Zimmer :wallbang:
Last edited by RandyMoss84 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

Especially relevant in this game where you allocated free agent money to stopping the run vs. oline. The head coach and gm are responsible.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

The Browns have a really solid defense. They controlled the line of scrimmage all game, shutting down running lanes and getting pressure on Cousins.

The lack of production from the running game put the offense into more 2nd and 3rd-and-longs, and the resultant consistent pressure on Cousins made the Vikings offense look incredibly feeble. Granted, great defensive line play generally does that to pretty much any QB, but the Vikings had no answer to it.

Defensively, they could not stop the Browns running game. Stefanski ran his offense exactly as he wanted and the Vikings just weren't good enough.

Anyway, the Browns are a really good team. That much is obvious. The Vikings, OTOH, are not. They're probably another .500 team at best. That might be good enough to eke into the playoffs. It might not. What it is for sure is not good enough to sniff a Superbowl.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingLord wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:53 pm The Browns have a really solid defense. They controlled the line of scrimmage all game, shutting down running lanes and getting pressure on Cousins.

The lack of production from the running game put the offense into more 2nd and 3rd-and-longs, and the resultant consistent pressure on Cousins made the Vikings offense look incredibly feeble. Granted, great defensive line play generally does that to pretty much any QB, but the Vikings had no answer to it.

Defensively, they could not stop the Browns running game. Stefanski ran his offense exactly as he wanted and the Vikings just weren't good enough.

Anyway, the Browns are a really good team. That much is obvious. The Vikings, OTOH, are not. They're probably another .500 team at best. That might be good enough to eke into the playoffs. It might not. What it is for sure is not good enough to sniff a Superbowl.
I hope Vikings does not make the playoffs, it would give me a glimmer of hope that Zimmer and Speilman will be fired
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

This will be the most boring Vikes season ever. You cannot play football without an OL. We are just pretending to be an NFL team, with no chance of real success. The Browns are just better than average, a good/great team will crush the Vikes. Luckily the Lions and Bears are just as incompetent as the Vikes so we will get a few wins.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

chicagopurple wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:01 pm This will be the most boring Vikes season ever. You cannot play football without an OL. We are just pretending to be an NFL team, with no chance of real success. The Browns are just better than average, a good/great team will crush the Vikes. Luckily the Lions and Bears are just as incompetent as the Vikes so we will get a few wins.
Bears are incompetent but Bears managed to sweep the Vikings the past few years
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:38 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Who cares? Let them since they lost to the Browns at home
No the point is, every time the head honcho of this team is blamed for something, stump goes into defense mode
Yeah, I hate when people want to blame everyone else for a coach, GM or QBs failings.

This one I put primarily on our QB who did what he always does against good defenses though. HC always bears some responsibility for a loss, but it is hard to win with a garbage QB, and today the QB was complete garbage.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:27 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:38 pm

No the point is, every time the head honcho of this team is blamed for something, stump goes into defense mode
Yeah, I hate when people want to blame everyone else for a coach, GM or QBs failings.

This one I put primarily on our QB who did what he always does against good defenses though. HC always bears some responsibility for a loss, but it is hard to win with a garbage QB, and today the QB was complete garbage.
That is not entirety's Cousins' fault since the offensive line played like garbage, if you want put the blame on the loss, blame it on the offensive line
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

For all those that were at the game. Did Cousins have room to run? On TV it look like he had opportunities. If the WRs are covered, why does he not try and pick a least a few yards with his feet. I mean has done that a few times this year. Just get something, don't just wait back there for a receiver to get open.

All in all, if the Vikings can not establish the run, Cousins is in trouble.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:28 pm Again the issue is 2 min defense.
In all of our loses, we have given up points in the most Vikings of ways. This time, the Browns had no timeouts and we gave up about a 30 yard run while they were just trying to kill the clock. Thye get a FG and it changes the mentality late. Instead of going in for a win. we are going in hoping to tie. Bad defense.
So you really think a FG at the end of the first half was the reason they couldn't score at all in the second half? And what makes you think a team will try harder for a td to win the game instead of a td to tie the game. You must also realize that the Browns passed on a sure FG on their first possession, right? They were lucky to have a chance to tie it at the end of the game.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Purple Reign wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:43 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:28 pm Again the issue is 2 min defense.
In all of our loses, we have given up points in the most Vikings of ways. This time, the Browns had no timeouts and we gave up about a 30 yard run while they were just trying to kill the clock. Thye get a FG and it changes the mentality late. Instead of going in for a win. we are going in hoping to tie. Bad defense.
So you really think a FG at the end of the first half was the reason they couldn't score at all in the second half? And what makes you think a team will try harder for a td to win the game instead of a td to tie the game. You must also realize that the Browns passed on a sure FG on their first possession, right? They were lucky to have a chance to tie it at the end of the game.
Yes there is a difference in playing to win vs. playing to tie. Confidence, urgency and play calling all matter.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I hope Cook will be out next game, he did not look ready to play and of course he got hurt again, keep Cook out of the game until he is 100% ready to play