Browns @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Browns @ Vikings post game

Post by vikeinmontana »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:08 pm A stupid football team.
I think THIS we can all get on board with!
:lol:
i'm ready for a beer.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

There was a pass interference on AT at the end of the game that was never called. While there are problems this team needs to address, the refs are pretty much killing the Vikings chances multiple times.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

So Zimmer is:

old school and has always said it all starts with stopping the run.

He has:

Invested heavily in the front 7 particularly beefy defensive tackles.

It's rumored they traded Yannick because he wasn't a good run defender.

Yet when his team gets gashed against the run and gives up what like 4.8 yards a pop he says he's not concerned?

How is he not fired yet?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:08 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:02 pm Ya know Stump, as I get older and as each day passes by, the more I think to myself, why bother arguing with a manipulative child on a Vikings message board anymore? Is it really worth my time? No it's honestly not. I have much better things to do. Almost 10 years of dedication to this board and I am nearing the end. I pulled back a lot this offseason and didnt intend to come back, mainly due to a few select members, you being the main culprit. And I know I havent been the only one. But I decided to give it one more shot and here we are. Another back and forth once again and it's just simply not worth my time. I'm burned out at this point with you.

So if I'm going to go out after 10 dedicated years of being on VMB, I might as well go out with a bang and say something I've wanted to for the past however many years. Go fuc# yourself Stump!

Mods, feel free to give me a permanent ban. SKOL to my true brothers on here!
I think it is good you are doing some reflecting on your life and how you go about spending your time, as well as what you let bother you to the point you react like this.

People disagreeing with you on a message board should not get you this upset. I am not disparaging your family, I am not getting personal at all, yet here you are losing it over a stupid football team. That isn't healthy, and I really do hope you actively work on bettering yourself so that dumb stuff like this doesn't get to you.
I’m not “upset” at all. I’m just sick of reading your constant bullshi# on here so I’d rather pull myself off of here since you’ve continued to stay. You’ve single handedly ticked a lot of people off and should’ve been gone off here a long time ago. I don’t need any sort of life lesson. Especially from you. But maybe, just maybe you should do some reflecting yourself. Instead of constantly thinking you do no wrong. There’s a reason fans don’t like listening to your crap on here. Let that sink in.

I’m completely fine. I’m as healthy as could be. But I’m not listening to a manipulative little child like I said. That is what’s not worth my time. I didn’t “lose it”. It’s just simply how I feel. Around this time last year I said you should’ve been gone after you ticked off multiple long time members. At this point, it’s just easier to pull myself off here.

No worries tho, I’ll be just fine. I feel for the board more than anything that you’re still around.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

From Purple Daily pod: Zimmer is 17-41 against teams that finish the season with winning record (with them projecting Cards and Browns as winning records at end of season). With Kirk and Zimmer together they are 5-21 against teams that finish with a winning record. Hahahaha thats so bad.

They are pretty negative on both Coaching and Front Office.

Also pointed out, coach that had a worse record than Zimmer against such teams? Jay Gruden. Both from Cincy tree. Both also with Cousins as their QB during much of their HC tenure.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:34 am Hey, at least on the bright side Zimmer finally replaced Breeland with Dantzler.
Not so fast my friend, Dantzler literally JUST put on the COVID list five minutes ago
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:53 pm There was a pass interference on AT at the end of the game that was never called. While there are problems this team needs to address, the refs are pretty much killing the Vikings chances multiple times.
The refs are killing them, or they're killing themselves with poor execution and dumb mistakes (like Kendricks yanking a jersey in the endzone when he didn't need to, or the Vikings calling a TO they didn't have on an extra point attempt), and the refs are just calling it?

Some of the calls were questionable. The Cook "fumble", for example, is one of them. But even there, Cook holds onto the ball there is no bad call to make.

If I had to rank where the refs sit in the wider world of Vikings issues right now, I'd put them around the southern tip of South America.

Its the Vikings themselves, specifically the players, who are doing most of the self-inflicted damage.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

psjordan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:22 pm
VikingLord wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:34 am Hey, at least on the bright side Zimmer finally replaced Breeland with Dantzler.
Not so fast my friend, Dantzler literally JUST put on the COVID list five minutes ago
If I were a fan of literally any other team in the league I would think you are joking...

:ripple: :ripple: :ripple:
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Seriously? lmao hopefully he is back soon, enough time this week as long as vaccinated. He had a few good plays.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

makila wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:28 pm
Seriously? lmao hopefully he is back soon, enough time this week as long as vaccinated. He had a few good plays.
Wouldn't it just be the Vikings to have an outbreak of COVID on a team with a large percentage of unvaccinated players and have to forfeit against the Lions.

Now THAT would be par for this team's overall course...
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

makila wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:18 pm From Purple Daily pod: Zimmer is 17-41 against teams that finish the season with winning record (with them projecting Cards and Browns as winning records at end of season). With Kirk and Zimmer together they are 5-21 against teams that finish with a winning record. Hahahaha thats so bad.

Also pointed out, coach that had a worse record than Zimmer against such teams? Jay Gruden. Both from Cincy tree. Both also with Cousins as their QB during much of their HC tenure.
Man, that's tough to read. :cry:
i'm ready for a beer.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Wouldn't it just be the Vikings to have an outbreak of COVID on a team with a large percentage of unvaccinated players and have to forfeit against the Lions.

All the blurb said was he "tested positive" and was put on the list. Nothing on his vax status so no clue what the protocol will be. And yes, :ripple:
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Well, it would keep up with the theme of finding new and interesting ways to lose. 🤣🤣🤣
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

This loss has nothing to do with our over-rated QB who ran a 13-3 team into the ground.
The Northern Goshawk "phantom of the forest"
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

makila wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:18 pm From Purple Daily pod: Zimmer is 17-41 against teams that finish the season with winning record (with them projecting Cards and Browns as winning records at end of season). With Kirk and Zimmer together they are 5-21 against teams that finish with a winning record. Hahahaha thats so bad.

That is unexcusable! Zimmer needs to be fired!