3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 3 of the 5 worst decisions a coach made in Week 2 were Zims

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:57 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:57 am
I hear Keenum is a better option than Brady, so no need for Love, right?

When Kirk starts playing at an MVP level I will admit it. There was a thread on here from 2018 talking about the MVP season Kirk was having. How did that hold up?
Yeah the same Brady that I thought would be well retired by now. \

Anyways....

Did you really just say "when Kirk STARTS playing at an MVP level, I will admit it"? Uh dude, he is. So admit away....
He is 1-2, and prior to playing the worst defense in the NFL the offense was 22nd in scoring despite good Oline play, great WRs and one of the best RBs in the NFL.

Can you name the last MVP to QB a team that was 22nd in scoring?
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:06 am

After week three? No. I can't.

I find it funny you keep bringing up KIRKS record of 1-2. Are you of the belief that the QB and the QB only is responsible for a teams record? Are no other positions responsible for what they do on the field? Does Zimmer really take no blame for our 1-2 start in your eyes? What about his career record of just more than .500 ball? What about losing record in the playoffs?

I don't necessarily disagree with all your takes on Kirk. But it seems like your stance is that every aspect of our team that isn't up to par falls on his shoulders. Can I assume if we rattle off a bunch of wins and make the playoffs you'll give Kirk all the kudos and none to coaching or other position groups that may be playing well?
i'm ready for a beer.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:57 am

Yeah the same Brady that I thought would be well retired by now. \

Anyways....

Did you really just say "when Kirk STARTS playing at an MVP level, I will admit it"? Uh dude, he is. So admit away....
He is 1-2, and prior to playing the worst defense in the NFL the offense was 22nd in scoring despite good Oline play, great WRs and one of the best RBs in the NFL.

This is the true definition of a Kirk Cousins hater. One that is literally hunting for excuses to say he is not playing at an MVP level. Then using our 1-2 record as some sort of leverage when you know just as well as anyone, that Kirk brought us down into scoring position vs. Cincy to win the game (something you say he cant do) just for our RB/refs to throw the game away, and did the same vs. Arizona (another winning team that you say he cant beat) just for our kicker/coach to blow the game.

No less you play your little pathetic manipulating game by saying "well he was going against the worst defense in the NFL last week so thats not going to count because it helps my argument if I dont use that." It's honestly sad to see how hard you try.

DONT even bother hunting for any of your petty little excuses and statistics. Cousins is literally doing everything you say he CANT do. You can recognize that the offensive line is playing good but cant recognize that the QB is? You're embarrassing yourself and bleeding out your true colors. He's literally a top 3 graded QB according to PFF and top 3 in multiple statistical categories across the league. He has not turned the ball over once in 3 games. He himself has brought us to where we needed to be to start the season 3-0. I'm not sure what you expect Kirk Cousins to do when you kicker blows the game or your RB fumbles.

Trust me, there are players that have played for this team in the past that I couldnt stand watching. But if they played well, I'd be the first to say it. No different than Bradbury playing better the last two games. But the fact that your hatred runs so deep and you're so stuck in your ways that you are completely blind to any good that guy does, is downright pathetic. It's honestly hilarious. When you're stuck in your ways for so long, eventually you're going to think it's the only way.

A buddy of mine is just like you, cant stand Cousins, still thinks Zimmer is relevant, etc. He's the type that will literally complain about the one incompletion Cousins had if he goes 34 for 35. And even HE texted me a few days ago saying Cousins was playing lights out. Even a guy from your own crew realized just how good Cousins was playing....but here you sit.....

Listen, you dont like Cousins, you've made this clear and you will do anything in your power to continue to say that he sucks, even when he is playing lights out. You will defend the OL, you will defend the defense and you'll even defend Mediocre Mike but at the end of the day you will never send a lick of that defense Cousins' way no matter how great he is playing. It is an absolute waste of my time to even bother with something so ridiculous. In the end, I dont care what else you have to say, this says it all. I have nothing more to say to you.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

vikeinmontana wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:48 am

After week three? No. I can't.

I find it funny you keep bringing up KIRKS record of 1-2. Are you of the belief that the QB and the QB only is responsible for a teams record? Are no other positions responsible for what they do on the field? Does Zimmer really take no blame for our 1-2 start in your eyes? What about his career record of just more than .500 ball? What about losing record in the playoffs?

I don't necessarily disagree with all your takes on Kirk. But it seems like your stance is that every aspect of our team that isn't up to par falls on his shoulders. Can I assume if we rattle off a bunch of wins and make the playoffs you'll give Kirk all the kudos and none to coaching or other position groups that may be playing well?
The QB isn't responsible for every failure on the team, but MVPs tend to play on winning teams.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:34 am

This is the true definition of a Kirk Cousins hater. One that is literally hunting for excuses to say he is not playing at an MVP level. Then using our 1-2 record as some sort of leverage when you know just as well as anyone, that Kirk brought us down into scoring position vs. Cincy to win the game (something you say he cant do) just for our RB/refs to throw the game away, and did the same vs. Arizona (another winning team that you say he cant beat) just for our kicker/coach to blow the game.

No less you play your little pathetic manipulating game by saying "well he was going against the worst defense in the NFL last week so thats not going to count because it helps my argument if I dont use that." It's honestly sad to see how hard you try.

DONT even bother hunting for any of your petty little excuses and statistics. Cousins is literally doing everything you say he CANT do. You can recognize that the offensive line is playing good but cant recognize that the QB is? You're embarrassing yourself and bleeding out your true colors. He's literally a top 3 graded QB according to PFF and top 3 in multiple statistical categories across the league. He has not turned the ball over once in 3 games. He himself has brought us to where we needed to be to start the season 3-0. I'm not sure what you expect Kirk Cousins to do when you kicker blows the game or your RB fumbles.

Trust me, there are players that have played for this team in the past that I couldnt stand watching. But if they played well, I'd be the first to say it. No different than Bradbury playing better the last two games. But the fact that your hatred runs so deep and you're so stuck in your ways that you are completely blind to any good that guy does, is downright pathetic. It's honestly hilarious. When you're stuck in your ways for so long, eventually you're going to think it's the only way.

A buddy of mine is just like you, cant stand Cousins, still thinks Zimmer is relevant, etc. He's the type that will literally complain about the one incompletion Cousins had if he goes 34 for 35. And even HE texted me a few days ago saying Cousins was playing lights out. Even a guy from your own crew realized just how good Cousins was playing....but here you sit.....

Listen, you dont like Cousins, you've made this clear and you will do anything in your power to continue to say that he sucks, even when he is playing lights out. You will defend the OL, you will defend the defense and you'll even defend Mediocre Mike but at the end of the day you will never send a lick of that defense Cousins' way no matter how great he is playing. It is an absolute waste of my time to even bother with something so ridiculous. In the end, I dont care what else you have to say, this says it all. I have nothing more to say to you.
:shock: