Doleman calls out Spielman

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Superfreak84
Veteran

Doleman calls out Spielman

Post by Superfreak84 »

Thought this was interesting read. Chris Doleman does not like Ponder lol.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/ ... uarterback
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Doleman calls out Spielman

Post by Mothman »

LOL! Perhaps I'm misunderstanding him but he doesn't seem to have a clear idea of when Ponder was drafted either:
"He better get it right this time because he missed it on Christian," Doleman said. "If a guy is a fifth-year player and he looks like a fourth-year player, and he looks the same as a third-year player, he ain't getting no better. He's topped out. We went through so many different quarterbacks."
However, I like his emphasis on getting a football player, which I take to mean ignoring "measurables" and focusing on performance and production. I like his passion too, but nobody intends to miss on a QB. It's just not that easy to spot and select a one that will be successful.

Anyway, he's right. Ponder has been a disappointment, and they need to get it right this time so AD has a real shot to win a championship with the Vikings and so we fans can finally see the Vikes win a freakin' Super Bowl!

Jim
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I was standing right next to him when we picked Kalil...let's just say he was less than thrilled with that one, too. :D
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Funkytown wrote:I was standing right next to him when we picked Kalil...let's just say he was less than thrilled with that one, too. :D
What was his pick? Blackmon? :lol:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Texas Vike wrote: What was his pick? Blackmon? :lol:
I honestly don't remember. Could have been. :D I actually kinda think it was. I think he wanted a playmaker, a "sexy pick", ya know? I just remember he was a bit disgusted. I laughed. I was next in line to get his autograph, and he was looking up at the screen...and then shaking his head and grumbling something.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Funkytown wrote:I was standing right next to him when we picked Kalil...let's just say he was less than thrilled with that one, too. :D
Was this at the Dome? And you got Doleman's autograph?

And man am I glad we didn't get Blackmon.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Superfreak84 wrote:Thought this was interesting read. Chris Doleman does not like Ponder lol.

WTF does Doleman know :? He does not even know when Ponder was drafted. Maybe he ought to talk to Brad Johnson and ask him his opinion.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Was this at the Dome? And you got Doleman's autograph?

And man am I glad we didn't get Blackmon.
Yes, I got a good mix of autographs that year of hall of fame and current players. It was great.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Funkytown wrote: Yes, I got a good mix of autographs that year of hall of fame and current players. It was great.
Wow, that's pretty awesome. Would have given about anything for a Winfield one at a draft party. Well, and a whole lot of others.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Funkytown wrote: I honestly don't remember. Could have been. :D I actually kinda think it was. I think he wanted a playmaker, a "sexy pick", ya know? I just remember he was a bit disgusted. I laughed. I was next in line to get his autograph, and he was looking up at the screen...and then shaking his head and grumbling something.

You'd think if anyone could appreciate the importance of the trenches it would be a guy that played his career in them. Cool anecdote and experience. There's a reason that not all players become coaches, I guess.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:And man am I glad we didn't get Blackmon.
No kidding. I was sure that this guy was a cant miss kid. One thing is for sure. Dont believe the hype in most cases. Especially the top ten picks.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Well talent hasn't exactly been the problem with Blackmon. He's produced when he's not blazing up.
I think his substance issue has been with alcohol, not pot. He's had multiple DUIs
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Wow, that's pretty awesome. Would have given about anything for a Winfield one at a draft party. Well, and a whole lot of others.
The draft party is a great place to get autographs. More than that, though, I just like the few seconds of interaction you have with the guys. It's nice to meet them. Some of them (just off the top of my head) that I've met the last few years are: Robison, Leber, Felton, Williams, Rudolph, Ponder, Sullivan, Carlson, Webb, H. Smith, Kluwe, J. Wright, Doleman, McDaniel, Randle, Eller, etc. Tons of people!
VolsNVikes28
Backup

Post by VolsNVikes28 »

Superfreak84 wrote:Thought this was interesting read. Chris Doleman does not like Ponder lol.

Good to know Chris hasn't gone blind...
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

VolsNVikes28 wrote: Good to know Chris hasn't gone blind...
Luckily for Ponder both Zimmer and Turner have made several positive points concerning him and fully plan on letting him compete for a starting job so Doleman can suck off :)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.