Colorado interested in Eric Bieniemy

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Eli
Hall of Famer

Colorado interested in Eric Bieniemy

Post by Eli »

Vikings coach confirms Colorado's interest in Eric Bieniemy

By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer
Posted: 11/19/2010 02:42:15 PM MST

Former Colorado running back Eric Bieniemy will interview for the head football coaching job at the university.

Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress told reporters he has been contacted by the school "circuitously" for permission to talk to his assistant head coach.

More: Vikings coach confirms Colorado's interest in Eric Bieniemy - Boulder Daily Camera
Iron Man Favre
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Colorado interested in Eric Bieniemy

Post by Iron Man Favre »

I hope Chilly declines permission at least not yet since were still in the playoff hunt.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

We are? :lol:
PurpleMilk
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PurpleMilk »

Iron Man Favre wrote:I hope Chilly declines permission at least not yet since were still in the playoff hunt.
We are tied for the 3rd worst record in the NFC and we would have to leapfrog 5 or 6 teams to barely make the playoffs. I think you need some sleep. :confused:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

College coaching jobs are peculiar due to recruiting needs. A new head coach would need to put together an entire coaching staff and then the head coach and that staff would be responsible for the recruiting for next year. It may even be the reason why they fired the head coach in the middle of the season - so that they can begin the search for a new coach and name him as soon as possible. I wouldn't expect anyone hired from the NFL ranks to finish the season.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Iron Man Favre wrote:I hope Chilly declines permission at least not yet since were still in the playoff hunt.

1, we are NOT in the playoff hunt. 2, Chili doesnt have to give them permission, they called as a curtisy.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

He can't really decline, it's a courtesy request. There are no rules about hiring between the NFL and NCAA like there are between NFL teams. So, it's more like "when would be a good time?" Gives Chili the chance to say "it'd be okay if he took Monday off". This courtesy was famously ignored by Lane Kiffin this past summer when he hired some coach from the Titans without giving Jeff Fisher a courtesy call.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Eli wrote:College coaching jobs are peculiar due to recruiting needs. A new head coach would need to put together an entire coaching staff and then the head coach and that staff would be responsible for the recruiting for next year. It may even be the reason why they fired the head coach in the middle of the season - so that they can begin the search for a new coach and name him as soon as possible. I wouldn't expect anyone hired from the NFL ranks to finish the season.
Weis did it when he took the Notre Dame job while still working for the Pats.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

I think if Chilly is canned, there could be a whole lot of turnover on this staff, might be a blessing for him to get a job ahead of the curve.
This space available for rent.
ALIMON
Backup

Post by ALIMON »

Eh ! Haven't seen anything special out of this coach to worry about losing him or anyone else from Chillys staff honestly !
NO HONESTY + NO LOYALTY = NO HONOR !
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

[quote="PurpleHalo"]I think if Chilly is canned, there could be a whole lot of turnover on this staff, might be a blessing for him to get a job ahead of the curve.[/qu

Good luck to Eric!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Reports out of Colorado are that Bieniemy has been offered the offensive coordinator position at CU. Jon Embree, the current tight ends coach of the Washington Redskins, will be the head coach.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16759314
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Eli wrote:Reports out of Colorado are that Bieniemy has been offered the offensive coordinator position at CU. Jon Embree, the current tight ends coach of the Washington Redskins, will be the head coach.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16759314

Startrib had a blrb that said he accepted the job. We'll see. I like him as a RB coach. I know some aren't as high on him, but he has done a good job with the RBs we've had. The pass blocking needs work, but not every RB can be a Chestor Taylor in that role.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

AP absolutely needs to improve his pass protection. I love AP but we need him to become a complete back.This is why i would be happy if we got a different RB coach who can him improve in this area. I wish him the best but I think it is time to head in a new direction for RB coach.
marty264
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Bieniemy on his way to Colorado after the season

Post by marty264 »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ter-season
Minnesota Vikings running backs coach Eric Bieniemy confirmed Saturday that he has taken the University of Colorado's offensive coordinator position, the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported.