Should the Vikings Trade for Joe Burrow?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Should the Vikings Trade for Joe Burrow?

Post by S197 »

fiestavike wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:46 pm With his medical situation, and the inability of teams to investigate his hip injury further, is it possible Tua could be in for a long draft slide? Suppose MIA and SD have taken him off their draft boards. He might well be there at 22, although Raiders at 19 would seem like a real possibility too.
Im starting to think this is a definite possibility. A Brady Quinn like fall but more due to the unique circumstances we hopefully never have to deal with again. I absolutely take him at 22.
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

S197 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:48 am
fiestavike wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:46 pm With his medical situation, and the inability of teams to investigate his hip injury further, is it possible Tua could be in for a long draft slide? Suppose MIA and SD have taken him off their draft boards. He might well be there at 22, although Raiders at 19 would seem like a real possibility too.
Im starting to think this is a definite possibility. A Brady Quinn like fall but more due to the unique circumstances we hopefully never have to deal with again. I absolutely take him at 22.
If Tua slides too far (which I don’t think will happen) I think we’d probably have to trade up to get him, because if we don’t the Patriots will. If he’s somehow miraculously there at 22 I’d grab him in a heartbeat. Yeah, we have lots of needs and just signed Cousins to an extension. (I think he’s fine. Don’t love him/don’t hate him.) But an opportunity to grab a potential ‘game changing’ type franchise QB in a year when we have two first round picks is kind of a no brainer. It’s like having a free ‘swing for the fences’ type pick. And honestly, if you’re not willing to pull the trigger in this scenario then when would you?
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Gut feeling 4 QBs are gone by 15. But there's also booze in that gut.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

cmoss84 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:47 am Gut feeling 4 QBs are gone by 15. But there's also booze in that gut.
I will be surprised if Love is gone, but I just hate how he is jumping or throwing off his back foot all the time. It's not clear to me why the guy is generating first round buzz at all. Compare that to Heberts elite footwork, and I dont see these two even in the same ballpark.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:53 am
cmoss84 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:47 am Gut feeling 4 QBs are gone by 15. But there's also booze in that gut.
I will be surprised if Love is gone, but I just hate how he is jumping or throwing off his back foot all the time. It's not clear to me why the guy is generating first round buzz at all. Compare that to Heberts elite footwork, and I dont see these two even in the same ballpark.
PFF loves Love and after they nailed it with Wilson, people think they might be on to something.

I was listening to a guy who covers Oregon on the radio the other day and he completely scared me away from Herbert. He said Herbert wasn't close to being the same talent as Mariota. This was coming from a guy who was a fan of Herbert btw.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:02 am
fiestavike wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:53 am

PFF loves Love and after they nailed it with Wilson, people think they might be on to something.

I was listening to a guy who covers Oregon on the radio the other day and he completely scared me away from Herbert. He said Herbert wasn't close to being the same talent as Mariota. This was coming from a guy who was a fan of Herbert btw.
Wow, Herbert looks 1000 times better than Mariota to me. I never liked Mariota at all.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins