2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: 2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

Post by Mothman »

DKSweets wrote:If we can all agree that Winston isn't coming to Minnesota, can we agree not to bother ruining threads with discussion of his legal history?
Let me put it this way: if anybody wants to get into an in-depth discussion of Winston's legal history, they should create a thread about him in the Draft section and do it there. It doesn't belong in Vikings Talk, especially if it's not going to rise above simple one-liners (which have now been deleted before they prompt more of the same).
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

More big news for RB prospects.....

Indiana RB Tevin Coleman will enter the 2015 draft. Coleman was an absolute beast this year running for over 2000 yards (2,036), averaging 7.5 YPC and scoring 15 total TDs. I was very unsure if he would enter the draft or not, however, its a smart decision since Indiana is terrible.

Granted, Indiana is no powerhouse, but this kid put on legitimate performances vs. top teams. He had only 1 game under 100 yards this year (Penn St.). Outside of that, he tore up teams like Missouri (19 for 132 and 1), Michigan St. (15 for 132), and most of all, Ohio St. (27 for 228 and 3). He reminds me a lot of Adrian. He runs more straight up and down like AP does, very powerful yet shifty at the same time. He does a great job creating lanes and hitting holes (also something Adrian was known for). On the plus side as well, he is a great kid. Comes from a good family, has a good history and seems pretty intelligent.

I hope we give this kid, as well as Gordon and Gurley some serious looks. This is turning into one loaded RB class :shock:

Here are some highlights of Coleman for those that are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hDMoVqxhNo

....side note: one thing that sticks out to me in that video is that Coleman was asked why he chose Indiana and he said "I didnt want to go somewhere where I was wanted, I wanted to go somewhere where I was needed". This was exactly how I looked at things when I was being recruited for college lacrosse.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
MusicCityViking
Backup

Post by MusicCityViking »

I know we have a need for a quality WR, and I can't help but thinking it would be a good idea to draft DeVante Parker out of Louisville. Him and Bridgewater already have great chemistry, so I feel like he could come to our team and have a large impact right away. He has good size (6-3, 211 lbs) and has 130 catches & 27 touchdowns over the past 3 years.

Here are some highlights if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYNxoIbQZg8

He has great hands and athleticism, and he might even fall to the second round. I'm sure Bridgewater will be pushing to get him on the team.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

MusicCityViking wrote:I know we have a need for a quality WR, and I can't help but thinking it would be a good idea to draft DeVante Parker out of Louisville. Him and Bridgewater already have great chemistry, so I feel like he could come to our team and have a large impact right away. He has good size (6-3, 211 lbs) and has 130 catches & 27 touchdowns over the past 3 years.

Here are some highlights if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYNxoIbQZg8

He has great hands and athleticism, and he might even fall to the second round. I'm sure Bridgewater will be pushing to get him on the team.
I'd like Parker too and I think he'll land somewhere between 10-20, right in our wheelhouse. However, I'd also really love it if dorial green-beckham made it to us in the 2nd.

Something like:
1) Parker
2) Perryman
3) Best Guard available
seems pretty ideal
MusicCityViking
Backup

Post by MusicCityViking »

The Vikings signed nine players to futures contracts today, including QB Pat Devlin.

Minnesota signed linebacker Justin Anderson, wide receiver Kain Colter, quarterback Pat Devlin, defensive tackle Isame Faciane, wide receiver Donte Foster, center Zac Kerin, offensive guard Jordan McCray, tight end Ryan Otten and running back Dominique Williams.

Devlin will likely compete for the #2 or #3 QB spot once Ponder is gone.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

MusicCityViking wrote:The Vikings signed nine players to futures contracts today, including QB Pat Devlin.

Minnesota signed linebacker Justin Anderson, wide receiver Kain Colter, quarterback Pat Devlin, defensive tackle Isame Faciane, wide receiver Donte Foster, center Zac Kerin, offensive guard Jordan McCray, tight end Ryan Otten and running back Dominique Williams.

Devlin will likely compete for the #2 or #3 QB spot once Ponder is gone.
Thanks for the info. Here's a link to his draft profile from a few years ago:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/pat ... id=2495145

Devlin went undrafted and spent a few years as a backup in Miami.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote: Thanks for the info. Here's a link to his draft profile from a few years ago:

The Vikings had a pretty decent QB from the University of Delaware, Rich Gannon. This kid has the same credentials coming out of there and similar size and arm strength. Watch out Teddy you might have some competition. This is what I was hoping for, not necessarily Devlin but someone quite similar.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Mothman wrote: Thanks for the info. Here's a link to his draft profile from a few years ago:

I will be pretty disappointed if Devlin is the answer for our third QB spot. Way too early to speculate, but I want to see this team draft a project to groom as a backup for Teddy.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

maembe wrote:I'd like Parker too and I think he'll land somewhere between 10-20, right in our wheelhouse. However, I'd also really love it if dorial green-beckham made it to us in the 2nd.

Something like:
1) Parker
2) Perryman
3) Best Guard available
seems pretty ideal
Ahhh. DGB.

Dorial is a very talented player. I live in his hometown of Soringfield, MO, and he will likely become the only meaningful NFL player to ever come from the area. Actually, despite being the third biggest city in Missouri, we don't even produce a whole lot of college players.

That is a big part of his problem. In High School, he was constantly getting triple covered and hauling in TDs, but these kids weren't worth their weight in 1980s computer monitors. When he got to Mizzou, he quickly found out that dominating isn't easy, and he had trouble dealing with contested passes.

He got better, but he never was as good as his hype. He also keeps making stupid decisions, which I think also stems from being such a big name in a city devoid of recognition.

His decisions kept him from playing ball this year, and I'm not sure if he has enough desire to be great. He is fortunate enough to have a football coach as his adopted father, though, so he has been coached well.

I feel confident that the second round is too early for this kid. He'd be a great pickup in the fourth, but I don't trust him enough before day three.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

maembe wrote: I'd like Parker too and I think he'll land somewhere between 10-20, right in our wheelhouse. However, I'd also really love it if dorial green-beckham made it to us in the 2nd.

Something like:
1) Parker
2) Perryman
3) Best Guard available
seems pretty ideal
I would do backflips if we got Parker and Perryman. Perryman is an absolute beast and is the most sure tackler coming out. I'm guessing you think they will go CB in free agency??
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Perryman's hit made the SC top 10 :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7nTZJU4muo
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

One name that hasn't come up is Cullen Loeffler. He never has a bad snap (well not never but you know what I mean) and a good Long Snapper is just as important to the kicking game as the holder and kicker are. What do you think the chances he gets re-signed?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

PurpleMustReign wrote:One name that hasn't come up is Cullen Loeffler. He never has a bad snap (well not never but you know what I mean) and a good Long Snapper is just as important to the kicking game as the holder and kicker are. What do you think the chances he gets re-signed?
I hope we bring him back - he's usually solid - a master of his craft, if you will.

Miami notwithstanding.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Eventually, even long snappers retire. Still, I'd like to think that if QBs can last into the late 30s, he has more years left in him, too. 33 isn't THAT old, is it?

I bet I know what Jim and Kapp will say ;)
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I would do backflips if we got Parker and Perryman. Perryman is an absolute beast and is the most sure tackler coming out. I'm guessing you think they will go CB in free agency??
this name hasn't come up much, but I would really like to consider Charles Tillman. He probably doesn't have many years left, which I am typically against, but he's tall and strong. Most importantly, he's a baller. The one thing that worries me is how well he would respond to Zimmer's defense compared to the Tampa 2.