** Official 2013 Draft Thread **

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: ** Official 2013 Draft Thread **

Post by S197 »

Hodges is a WIL and not all that quick for his size. He'll contribute on special teams but I would have preferred Patton.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Eli wrote:Packers draft two offensive lineman in the 4th round. Their $110 million dollar man has to like that.
I'm thinking he would have liked it more if they had been chosen some 90 picks earlier. The Vikings have some history of developing lower round picks into great offensive linemen. I can't think of any great offensive linemen on the Packers, so I'm guessing they don't have the same history.
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

SF got Patton, that's upsetting. Right now I don't want to see any more weapons going to SF,seahawks or Rams.

Edit: and lattimore.. sheesh
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

Well the seahawks got Jesse Williams.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Hodges could be a starting willing linebacker right away. But that still doesn't help us at ILB because moving Erin Henderson to the middle would not be wise imo. I do not have faith in Henderson in the middle. He is not his brother..lol
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Hodges played WILL in 2011, SAM in 2012.

He also returned kicks. :shock:
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Coming up in a dozen or so picks:
Poyer?
Da'Rick Rogers?
Reddick?
Swope?
Random offensive lineman?
Falling (in the draft) QB? [Dysert/Bray/Scott]

My guess - some guy we've never heard of before. ...In a position we weren't expecting, like TE. ...Because they had him rated as a third round talent.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Eli wrote:Hodges played WILL in 2011, SAM in 2012.

He also returned kicks. :shock:
I saw that too. Kinda surprising to have a return guy with 4.78 speed. Maybe he's quicker on the field, lets hope so.

I'd like to see Da'rick or Poyer here in the 5th.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

The Bills draft Johnathan Meeks, DB from Clemson, the first guy that is completely off the NFL.com draft board of their top 475 prospects. In other words, about twice as many guys as will actually be chosen in the draft.

If it was a team that had a history of success, I might think this wasn't a monumental reach. But this is Buffalo.
Purple Rage
Franchise Player

Post by Purple Rage »

amen on Poyer, I thought he'd be long gone by now! I like to see Vikes get Rambo, D Rogers, or Poyer with the 5th would be nice! Now as a fan of wr, Swope an Still are also still out there. Love both those kids, hard working hard hat type of guys. Swope would be my first choice but I like both.
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE!
Purple Rage
Franchise Player

Post by Purple Rage »

Damn there goes Stills!
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE!
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

S197 wrote: I saw that too. Kinda surprising to have a return guy with 4.78 speed. Maybe he's quicker on the field, lets hope so.
At that speed, he's faster than Manti and almost as fast as an injured Keenan Allen. It's not bad speed for a linebacker picked here in the draft. As long as he reacts quickly, that's enough speed to get the job done.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

I just get the feeling that the collective reaction from all Vikings fans to our next pick is going to be "Who?!?". But Spielman has earned our trust at this point.
Purple Rage
Franchise Player

Post by Purple Rage »

http://youtu.be/pxJ0KzhCiBs

Here a Reel of Hodges. Looks a bit small but has some Nasty to him! U can tell he played safety, bulk him up a bit might be a player. I don't want to move Erin to the middle, we gotta find a MLB or someone has to step. Competition developers stars.
Last edited by Purple Rage on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE!
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

John_Viveiros wrote:The Bills draft Johnathan Meeks, DB from Clemson, the first guy that is completely off the NFL.com draft board of their top 475 prospects. In other words, about twice as many guys as will actually be chosen in the draft.

If it was a team that had a history of success, I might think this wasn't a monumental reach. But this is Buffalo.

That's actually not true, Harmon, that Pats 3rd round pick yesterday, was the first player who was not on the nfl.com draft board