Holy F*ckin sh*t post-game thread madness

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Holy F*ckin sh*t post-game thread madness

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I’ve watched the final play a good 50 times tonight! Love you guys and glad I got to celebrate with all of VMB!!! #BringItHome
Me too man! :beerock: :beerock: :beerock:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

VikingLord wrote:What made that moment so amazing was that I had resigned myself to the Vikings losing. I mean, what are the chances with 10 seconds left and no timeouts from that point on the field? The Saints were sitting back and guarding the sidelines. And even when Case threw it and Diggs caught it I thought for sure 43 was going to immediately take him down. And then all of a sudden it's like we entered an alternative universe where the improbable and even impossible breaks go in favor of the Vikings. I see Diggs come down in bounds, still on his feet, and not only does #43 completely miss him, he takes out probably the only Saints defender who could have made a play on Diggs at that point.

Speechless is not the word to describe me as Diggs raced into the endzone. I found it hard to even believe what I was seeing was real or possible. I kept expecting something to happen, like the refs throwing a flag or the replays showing Diggs stepped out of bounds or, well, anything that could possibly have stopped that play from resulting in a TD. And then there was nothing but complete and total joy. Impossible and unreal, and yet real. Every time I watch the replay my brain tells me it can't be real and can't result in the winning TD, and yet there it is.

What pure adrenaline and emotion. I've been skydiving and that was better. By a lot.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
WELL SAID!! (Me Too)
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Link plz
https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic ... er-thread/

Spent the last 30 minutes reading through and watching the videos. These are golden.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I legit couldn’t breath. The fact that I screamed GET OUT OF BOUNDS when he caught it to seeing that. I watched the game with my father and must’ve done about 20 sprints through the house when that happened

Kapp, your dad had a hand in that win!!! Lets bring it home boys
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

NCViking wrote: https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic ... er-thread/

Spent the last 30 minutes reading through and watching the videos. These are golden.
That was hilarious.
mael·strom

Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

I think what makes it sweeter for me is that i have such a personal disdain for the entire city of new orleans. Literally one of my most hated things in existence, everything about it and it has nothing to do with football.

Good stuff
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I knew that when he caught it there was no dbs behind him because the clip before showed the 2 dbs close to each other on guarding the sideline. I just figured that he was about to stumble out of bounds, but when he kept running, my head felt like it was going to explode.

I was a crazy sight seeing all the all time Vikings fans tearing up at the bar.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Boon wrote:I think what makes it sweeter for me is that i have such a personal disdain for the entire city of new orleans. Literally one of my most hated things in existence, everything about it and it has nothing to do with football.

Good stuff
Me too man. Mostly because my friend loves the Saints. What caused you to hate the city?
mael·strom

Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Maelstrom88 wrote:7

Me too man. Mostly because my friend loves the Saints. What caused you to hate the city?

Been there twice working. Just overall bad experiences. Rude people all over the place, city stinks like piss. I have been to saudi arabia and new orleans smelled worse. Almost got into a fight with two drunks going into our hotel. Racial slurs at random while driving. Was worse in uniform. Someone threw a bottle at our van the second time on our way to the ceremony (military funeral). Thats not even counting the gang ridden wards . it has a higher rate of murders than chicago per capital. Its just an all around unlikable town. I despise it
Spiny Norman
Practice Squad

Post by Spiny Norman »

Maelstrom88 wrote:So how does AP feel right now?
Like a footballer, 12th now on the alltime NFL rushing list.

After this season, we know what kind of RB Adrian has become in his mid-late career. Once every 3 weeks, he can give the AP-AllDay performance. He's a competent decoy the next week, then better left rested the week after that. Even with that caveat, he's a great investment for any team looking for a speller for their feature RB, but his utility now demands a commensurate adjustment in cap-space. I'd love to see him come back to the Vikes for a reduced role as long as he wants it, because he's a great locker-room influence. But he'd have to take 3rd-back money, which he's headed for no matter where he signs next, but maybe he's got an agent willing to fight for more, we don't know.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I’ve watched the final play a good 50 times tonight! Love you guys and glad I got to celebrate with all of VMB!!! #BringItHome

It's 12:53 am HST. I'm still watching the replay.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Sideline View. Crowd noise is deafening.

https://www.facebook.com/minnesotavikin ... 061522836/
Iron Lion
Backup

Post by Iron Lion »

Congrats guys. I fell off my seat when I saw it.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Some quick thoughts before I go to sleep.

The Vikings led in all but about 2 minutes of this game.
Vikings held Ingram and Kamara to just 68 yds rushing
Keenum had more passing yds than Brees

On the go ahead FG drive for the Vikings, I think if Rudolph stays in bounds on his 5 yd catch and if the Vikings ran on 3rd down instead of that incompletion/near INT Keenum tossed, I don't think the Saints kick their last FG. This should have been a no drama win. Bad play calling and clock management. But then again, there would be no Diggs at the end of the game.

As much as I hate Buck, he did a good job calling the Diggs play. DIGGS! SIDELINE! TOUCHDOWN! UNBELIEVABLE!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Classic Vikings not getting the two-point conversion SMH
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly