Thoughts Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Thoughts Week 2

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Im very surprised how much better Diggs plays every game. We have to take advantage of that, cause they cant stack the box with a QB that can hit Diggs on the run like that. Diggs makes some of the prettiest TD catches Ive seen. Kyle had a nice one too but the rest of his game kind of stunk. Man does he drop a lot of balls for supposedly have such good hands.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Anyone else having problems with the board being real wide, and having to click buttons multiple times?
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Im very surprised how much better Diggs plays every game. We have to take advantage of that, cause they cant stack the box with a QB that can hit Diggs on the run like that. Diggs makes some of the prettiest TD catches Ive seen. Kyle had a nice one too but the rest of his game kind of stunk. Man does he drop a lot of balls for supposedly have such good hands.
I agree about Diggs...What I'm wondering is why Charles Johnson doesn't even show flashes of what we saw a few years ago. It's crazy. He's basically nothing out there. I'm hoping Treadwell gets a chance soon, so he can jump CJ on the depth chart.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I just rewatched the game on TV and the last play the game when Bradford threw it out of bounds if he just throws it to Diggs he is wide open the Packers weren't even playing defense would have been like a 50-yard touchdown. That would have been awesome
It would have been pretty classless to do that IMO. The teams play twice a year minimum and have a strong rivalry, no need to give them extra motivation for the next battle.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: I agree about Diggs...What I'm wondering is why Charles Johnson doesn't even show flashes of what we saw a few years ago. It's crazy. He's basically nothing out there. I'm hoping Treadwell gets a chance soon, so he can jump CJ on the depth chart.
Didn't CJ hurt his hamstring in preseason? It has to be difficult to play fast with on busted wheel. My bigger concern is what it says about Treadwell that he cannot beat out an injured, underperforming starter.
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Really? You think Newman did a worse job then Waynes? Waynes had a key INT, but the kid has no idea how to turn his head when the ball is coming. And I'd bet a lot of money hes going to be the main target of QBs when hes on the field.
Newman had two bad plays in a row, but other than that he was pretty good. Waynes at least did a good job of staying with his guy. He just needs to turn sooner and find the ball so he can make a play on it. If he does that he can limit penalties and could be a really good corner. Hopefully a little more time with Zimmer helps.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Really? You think Newman did a worse job then Waynes? Waynes had a key INT, but the kid has no idea how to turn his head when the ball is coming. And I'd bet a lot of money hes going to be the main target of QBs when hes on the field.
Good. Let 'em keep challenging Waynes. The kid is fast and talented. He'll learn. He proved that last night. All he'll do is get better.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

SP1966 wrote: It would have been pretty classless to do that IMO. The teams play twice a year minimum and have a strong rivalry, no need to give them extra motivation for the next battle.
I saw that too and told my buddy that Rodgers would have most likely padded his stats there.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

beerfan wrote: Newman had two bad plays in a row, but other than that he was pretty good. Waynes at least did a good job of staying with his guy. He just needs to turn sooner and find the ball so he can make a play on it. If he does that he can limit penalties and could be a really good corner. Hopefully a little more time with Zimmer helps.
Zimmer does this with rookies. It's not a concern of mine at all...As far as CJ is concerned, I don't really care. It's always something with him now and we ain't got time for that.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

PacificNorseWest wrote: I agree about Diggs...What I'm wondering is why Charles Johnson doesn't even show flashes of what we saw a few years ago. It's crazy. He's basically nothing out there. I'm hoping Treadwell gets a chance soon, so he can jump CJ on the depth chart.
Yeah, no reason Patterson shouldn't be taking some (most?) of CJ's snaps at this point. Patterson can't be worse at getting separation than CJ right now. I think the coaching staff is bringing along Treadwell like they did with Diggs last year (finally got playing time in week 4) and I can't blame them for following that blueprint because it has absolutely worked with Diggs.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Thoughts after week 2?

Good thought--Defense is Killer, and Bradford is very accurate!

Concerned thoughts and solutions?--You'd think Peterson would be everyone's #1 concern, but here are mine so far...

1. N. Turner--I hope Coach Zimmer one day realizes that this isn't the cowboys of '92 where Turner had the Triplets and a huge line so running 3 plays up the middle was all that was needed.
2. Offensive line--I don't know; cut a lineman and fire an O-line coach, all in an effort to scare some players?
3. Peterson's injury--The time is now, so reshape the meniscus and let him play? I think many fans are already giving up on him and would gladly he be an after thought anyway.
3a. I read earlier today somewhere, that reshaping the meniscus is a possibility, thus he can get back on the field quickly. If that's is incorrect, someone will gladly correct me.

...wisdom ?? I don't, but these are my thoughts. Oh, and Go Vikes!
...spirits in the wind and the trees
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I would like them try and use CP
in the slot next week. Bradford
is more acurate and if he could get
the ball to him in stride it would
be like a kick off return for him.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Lars
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Lars »

losperros wrote: It's not only weird, it's downright ridiculous. The Vikings should be starting Diggs, Thielen and Patterson. Treadwell, Wright and Johnson should get some passes too, especially since the Vikings might be throwing a bit more now that they have Bradford as the QB.

BTW, the conversation about the Vikings needing a #1 WR is over. Diggs is it.
I should say so. Diggs leads the NFL in receiving after two games.
FatSketty
Waterboy

Post by FatSketty »

indianation65 wrote:
3a. I read earlier today somewhere, that reshaping the meniscus is a possibility, thus he can get back on the field quickly. If that's is incorrect, someone will gladly correct me.
Think you've got it pretty much correct. A mensicus tear won't heal and can cause further incidents of locking of the knee - not a good thing to happen midstride!

Arthroscopic treatment is the norm - just go in and snip off the torn part. Most people would have a 2-4 week recovery period (iirc), not sure what the turnaround is for an NFL football player though. Certainly better for the team than a high ankle sprain which I saw some early comments thought was the problem.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

FatSketty wrote: Think you've got it pretty much correct. A mensicus tear won't heal and can cause further incidents of locking of the knee - not a good thing to happen midstride!

Arthroscopic treatment is the norm - just go in and snip off the torn part. Most people would have a 2-4 week recovery period (iirc), not sure what the turnaround is for an NFL football player though. Certainly better for the team than a high ankle sprain which I saw some early comments thought was the problem.
Very true.

Depending on the severity, he could also actually play with it. Arian Foster played an entire season with a torn meniscus and gained 1,600 yards. Chris Johnson ran for over 1,000 with a torn meniscus.

But like you said, if the torn flap displaces, it'll lock his knee. He could be feeling fantastic one second, and on the ground in pain another. As violently as AP cuts, it would seem to be pretty risky. But I'm not AP and I'm certainly no doctor, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.