Young Theodore Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: 21 Year Old Ted Bridgewater

Post by Demi »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Have you ever supported a Viking player?? Who cares about his pro-day. It means nothing. He's winning us games. That's what matters
A "top 5" player for over a year before that offseason drops to the 32nd pick, and is drafted by a team known for drafting terrible QBs. But yeah, I don't "support" him. My god. Do you follow the NFL, or just cheer lead everything this team does and every player the team has? :confused:

I liked the pick. But I guess 31 GMs are idiots and Spielman is a genius. Explains this teams amazing track record while he's been in the front office. You DO remember the stories about Bridgewater right? Or the minute we drafted him do those become evil media overreactions? And when he has deep ball issues in the NFL after the stories, NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

A better question would be, have you ever NOT supported a Vikings player? A guy could be losing us games and you'd make excuses for him. :puke:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote: A "top 5" player for over a year before that offseason drops to the 32nd pick, and is drafted by a team known for drafting terrible QBs. But yeah, I don't "support" him. My god. Do you follow the NFL, or just cheer lead everything this team does and every player the team has? :confused:

I liked the pick. But I guess 31 GMs are idiots and Spielman is a genius. Explains this teams amazing track record while he's been in the front office. You DO remember the stories about Bridgewater right? Or the minute we drafted him do those become evil media overreactions? And when he has deep ball issues in the NFL after the stories, NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

A better question would be, have you ever NOT supported a Vikings player? A guy could be losing us games and you'd make excuses for him. :puke:
Man you are just clueless at times. I've expressed how I dislike a handful of Vikings players actually (Johnson, Ellison, Brinkley, Blanton, Asiata, Ponder, etc.). I don't sit here and bash every single one whenever i get the chance like you do though. Bottom line is, I look at the positives and negatives that this team brings to the table. I have talked about the positives and negatives in game threads and many other threads. I don't understand how you can support a team that you have nothing good to ever say about. The second this teams plays bad, you're the first to jump down every players throat. However, when they win, you're as quiet as a church mouse on this board. Hmmmm....weird. :roll: This team has come a long way, we have a much improved coaching staff, and a lot of young promising talent. I think many people on here can agree with me on that except you and maybe one or two others. Don't you find that a little odd??? That not many can ever agree with you?? Doesn't that tell you something?? I mean how many times does it take for you to call someone a "bust" or "not good" and they turn around and prove you wrong?? And yes, I do follow the NFL as close as anyone. Especially the Vikings. I'm that guy that actually supports his posts with facts rather than hiding behind a computer screen saying a guy is just "not good" or a "bust" with limited support behind it because that's what he enjoys doing every day.

As for Teddy, it's pretty sad that you can't see through those negative shades you have on. To sit here and say "31 other GM's passed on him" is pretty darn stupid. Did you actually think teams like GB, NO, DEN, NE, PIT, SD, and other teams that have young developing QBs were actually going to draft him?? If so, you have no clue how the draft process works. There were a handful of teams that needed him and could've selected him but passed because of the bigger needs available. As for the media, most of the analysts thought it was a great pick for us so I'm not sure where you're going there. I mean we could have taken Bortles, Carr, or Manziel because they seem like they are really panning out so far. :roll: He has been the most promising rookie QB this year and has been clutch in big time situations. I'm not saying he's some phenom but what more do you really want from a 21 year old kid?? He's making huge strides for being thrown into the starting lineup so early. But no you want to focus on his pro-day??? Are you joking me?? He's 3-2 as an NFL starter. No other rookie QB has came close to that. Not only is he 3-2 but he's the one that's been winning us games in the end when the game is on the line. But yeah let's talk about his pro-day because that has so much relevance to the conversation. The kid has played 5 NFL games in his career and has our team at 4-5 right now. Let it play out for once in your life, before you're proven wrong once again.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Demi wrote: A "top 5" player for over a year before that offseason drops to the 32nd pick, and is drafted by a team known for drafting terrible QBs. But yeah, I don't "support" him. My god. Do you follow the NFL, or just cheer lead everything this team does and every player the team has? :confused:

You mean the stories when Teddy was ranked #1 overall? Who was a better pick at the end of the first round? Reach for another pick in Murray? It was a as sure of a pick at the time as any. The Barr pick was more of a reach, and I think that's going to be a good pick.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: You mean the stories when Teddy was ranked #1 overall? Who was a better pick at the end of the first round? Reach for another pick in Murray? It was a as sure of a pick at the time as any. The Barr pick was more of a reach, and I think that's going to be a good pick.
Yeah exactly!! Demi should be the last one saying anything after he thought Aaron Murray was worthy of a 2nd round pick. The same Aaron Murray who didnt get drafted until the 5th round and is currently 3rd on the depth chart in KC who is very weak at the QB position.....and you criticize Spielman??? :shock: :puke:
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

He's 3-2 as an NFL starter. No other rookie QB has came close to that. Not only is he 3-2 but he's the one that's been winning us games in the end when the game is on the line.
:roll: We have one of the worst passing offenses in the league. Our defense is the one keeping us in games. 76 QB rating. More interceptions than touchdowns. Barely over 60%. But ok, the other rookie QBs are worse, that is a positive for Teddy I guess?

And yeah, not being able to throw a deep ball on his pro day might have a place in a discussion about his ability to throw a deep ball. Unless you want to stick your head in the sand when it comes to discussing his ability to throw a deep ball. In that case, Bortles is doing worse. The future is bright! :confused:
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i'd take teddy over any of the other of the rookie qb's. i think he has the most long term potential. he has a way to go yet, but throwing a rookie into the mix in the third game of the year is a pretty tall order. he just needs some time and better receivers. our receivers are well below average i expected much more from them. patterson could have easily had a td if the ball was thrown better last week, but overall his stats this season are putrid. he was supposed to be our number 1 receiver and he's probably more like our third best. i'm not sure what happens with peterson, but this off season patterson either needs to hire a one on one coach to help him develop, or we should be targeting receivers.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote: :roll: We have one of the worst passing offenses in the league. Our defense is the one keeping us in games. 76 QB rating. More interceptions than touchdowns. Barely over 60%. But ok, the other rookie QBs are worse, that is a positive for Teddy I guess?

And yeah, not being able to throw a deep ball on his pro day might have a place in a discussion about his ability to throw a deep ball. Unless you want to stick your head in the sand when it comes to discussing his ability to throw a deep ball. In that case, Bortles is doing worse. The future is bright! :confused:
:lol: Ok Aaron Murray....did you watch the last game?? The fact that he was 9-10 on 3rd downs last game should tell the story. The fact that he led the tying drive vs. Tampa and converted on 2 huge 3rd downs. I could honestly care less what his "QBR" was. If it wasn't for him, we would have lost both of those games. He also didnt turn the ball over in either of those games either. Like I said before, what do you expect 5 games into his NFL career?? My god..... Sorry but the one time you actually try to use facts to support your post, it doesn't work in your favor. He was a huge reason we won our last two games, no matter what way you look at it.
-Chazz Palminteri
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Demi wrote: :roll: We have one of the worst passing offenses in the league. Our defense is the one keeping us in games. 76 QB rating. More interceptions than touchdowns. Barely over 60%. But ok, the other rookie QBs are worse, that is a positive for Teddy I guess?

Manning had 3 wins and a 71 passer rating his rookie season with marshall faulk and marvin harrison. Elway had a 54 passer rating his rookie season, didn't break 80 until his 5th. Aikman had a 55-66 qbr his first two seasons. Steve young had two HORRIBLE years when he started with tampa. And before you say i'm comparing teddy to those guys, im comparing the situation. Rookie/getting experience. How it turns out is beyond me but you can't possibly use qbr or a deep ball as a bookmark for how his career will turn out. Look at mark rypien. Dude threw the best deep ball i've ever seen and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn inside 20 yards. Still won a super bowl.

Drink a warm cup of calm down :D
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

I think that it's just way too early to predict what kind of career Teddy is going to have. I think he's performed at about the level expected from a rookie qb thrown into a starting role early. He has shown promise, but he has also has had some rough stretches. Yes, he is 3-2 as a starter, but those 3 wins have come against teams with losing records. We haven't beaten anyone yet with a winning record or against a good defense (St. Louis has a decent defense but Teddy didn't play in that game). I think it best to just reserve judgement at least for the rest of this season and see how he performs next year before calling him a bust or praising him as our savior.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I think the issue around his deep ball accuracy is legitimate, considering it's historic and that he's in Turner's scheme.
Whether or not he's a bust is people getting completely distracted by personality conflicts....doesn't even make any sense to begin down that road.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:I think the issue around his deep ball accuracy is legitimate, considering it's historic and that he's in Turner's scheme.
It's obviously something that needs work but he clearly has the arm strength for it so it's probably a question of practice, timing, getting some good coaching to help him along, etc. He'll have to put the work in but there's no reason he can't improve on it.
Whether or not he's a bust is people getting completely distracted by personality conflicts....doesn't even make any sense to begin down that road.
Agreed. There's no reason to rush to judgment, positive or negative.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Mothman wrote: Agreed. There's no reason to rush to judgment, positive or negative.
I agree. I just feel like the gains he has made being this young is definitely a positive. I'm not saying he's going to the next Andrew Luck but to shred him this early in his career is definitely blowing things out of proportion
-Chazz Palminteri
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i don't quite get how all the criticism seems to go at bridgewater when the fact is our offense as a whole really isn't that good at all. everyone said teddy overthrew patterson on this play, but look closer at this garbage. patterson lost the ball in the sun.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/2/7 ... -patterson
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

mosscarter wrote:i don't quite get how all the criticism seems to go at bridgewater when the fact is our offense as a whole really isn't that good at all. everyone said teddy overthrew patterson on this play, but look closer at this garbage. patterson lost the ball in the sun.

I mean what happened happened. I think that's something they can fix as they become more comfortable with each other. We just have to be patient and let these young players develop thats all
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

mosscarter wrote:i don't quite get how all the criticism seems to go at bridgewater when the fact is our offense as a whole really isn't that good at all. everyone said teddy overthrew patterson on this play, but look closer at this garbage. patterson lost the ball in the sun.

Not according to Zimmer:

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer told reporters Monday that he originally thought Patterson had lost the ball in the sun, but that apparently wasn’t the case.

Zimmer said Patterson broke the route up the field when the defender blew the coverage.

“Teddy was expecting him to be a little bit more inside,” said Zimmer. “It was more of a miscommunication than anything else honestly. He should have hit it, and I think Cordarrelle could have done a better job catching it too.”