2014-2015 Master Injury Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2014-2015 Master Injury Thread

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I thought it was hilarious. IT was funny when Gramatica did it, and funny when Tulluch did it. Idiots jump around like morons after a basic play and then get hurt. Just be happy you made the play and go back to the bench.
I posted about this in the NFL Talk section. I hate to see a guy get injured, but there is a poetic justice about injuring yourself while celebrating.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Purple bruise wrote: Lighten up dude, I was laughing on how stupid it was that Tulloch, who is a constant "show off" hurt himself. Feel free to ignore my posts if they offend you. :wink:
Yikes. I'll keep reading your posts, and I'll feel free to continue to comment on them, especially when you post things like that. Feel free to ignore my comments on your posts, if you are offended by them. That's the beauty of a message board!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Purple bruise wrote: Lighten up dude, I was laughing on how stupid it was that Tulloch, who is a constant "show off" hurt himself. Feel free to ignore my posts if they offend you. :wink:
Still is funny as hell to me anyway :rofl: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ating-sack
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

frosted21 wrote: Yikes. I'll keep reading your posts, and I'll feel free to continue to comment on them, especially when you post things like that. Feel free to ignore my comments on your posts, if you are offended by them. That's the beauty of a message board!
:thumbsup:

I also agree that celebrating a player's injury isn't cool. I guarantee most of the people laughing at him would have been pumped up if a Vikings player had been pumped up like that after a big play.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I also agree that celebrating a player's injury isn't cool. I guarantee most of the people laughing at him would have been pumped up if a Vikings player had been pumped up like that after a big play.[/quote]

Yeah I was really celebrating :roll: in fact I had a huge party over at my house :?
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Chad Greenway - LB - Vikings

Vikings WLB Chad Greenway is now dealing with a fractured rib in addition to a fractured hand.

Greenway has played solid run defense through three weeks, so it would be a blow to Minnesota's defense were he forced to miss time. The Vikings would presumably turn to sophomore Gerald Hodges at weak-side linebacker.
Source: Mark Craig on Twitter
The good thing is that Gerald Hodges has looked pretty well this season when he has come into play. His tackle for loss against New Orleans when he took on the fullback was impressive. Hodges should get more snaps IMO.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

Vikings have some roster decisions to make in the next few days with Cassell, Rudolph and Fusco. If we're going to use our (once per year) IR With Designation For Return, now is the time to do it as that player would be eligible for the last six games of the season (we have our bye in Week 10). IR-DFR rules allow the player to practice after six weeks and to play after eight weeks from the date they are designated.

I have yet to see a report about the expected rehab time for Cassell's injury. Multiple fractures in his foot. I'm assuming he's done for the year. Anyone know what the rehab time will be for this type of injury?

Rudolph is having his hernia surgery today. His rehab time has been reported to be around six weeks.

Fusco is the wildcard. He's getting a second opinion on his pectoral injury. If it's a tear I assume he'll be done for the year. The fact that he's getting a second opinion makes me think it could possibly be a strain instead of a tear.

I think Fusco is harder to replace than Rudolph. At TE we can use MarQueis Gray and Chase Ford (assuming we bring him up from the PS) for the passing game and continue using Ellison in his blocking role (with the occasional pass reception). At ROG we've got the choice of Ducasse, Berger or Yankey. Interesting that Ducasse went in for Fusco against the Saints instead of Berger. There's a reason Ducasse flopped with the Jets ... he's just not very good (as evidenced by his sloppy play last Sunday). Yankey simply isn't ready and Berger ... I don't know ... very pedestrian but probably the best choice.

If Fusco has a strain instead of a tear he might be the better candidate for IR-DFR.

I'm looking at this scenario:
Cassell on IR; spot taken by Chase Ford.
Rudolph stays on the roster but out for six weeks; available to play against the Bears on Nov 16th
Fusco on IR-DFR available to play against Green Bay on Nov 23rd

McLoed Bethel-Thompson on PS; release Josh Kaddu
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pseudo Everything wrote:Vikings have some roster decisions to make in the next few days with Cassell, Rudolph and Fusco. If we're going to use our (once per year) IR With Designation For Return, now is the time to do it as that player would be eligible for the last six games of the season (we have our bye in Week 10). IR-DFR rules allow the player to practice after six weeks and to play after eight weeks from the date they are designated.

I have yet to see a report about the expected rehab time for Cassell's injury. Multiple fractures in his foot. I'm assuming he's done for the year. Anyone know what the rehab time will be for this type of injury?

Rudolph is having his hernia surgery today. His rehab time has been reported to be around six weeks.

Fusco is the wildcard. He's getting a second opinion on his pectoral injury. If it's a tear I assume he'll be done for the year. The fact that he's getting a second opinion makes me think it could possibly be a strain instead of a tear.

I think Fusco is harder to replace than Rudolph. At TE we can use MarQueis Gray and Chase Ford (assuming we bring him up from the PS) for the passing game and continue using Ellison in his blocking role (with the occasional pass reception). At ROG we've got the choice of Ducasse, Berger or Yankey. Interesting that Ducasse went in for Fusco against the Saints instead of Berger. There's a reason Ducasse flopped with the Jets ... he's just not very good (as evidenced by his sloppy play last Sunday). Yankey simply isn't ready and Berger ... I don't know ... very pedestrian but probably the best choice.

If Fusco has a strain instead of a tear he might be the better candidate for IR-DFR.

I'm looking at this scenario:
Cassell on IR; spot taken by Chase Ford.
Rudolph stays on the roster but out for six weeks; available to play against the Bears on Nov 16th
Fusco on IR-DFR available to play against Green Bay on Nov 23rd

McLoed Bethel-Thompson on PS; release Josh Kaddu
Agreed. I think they may be forced to use Yankey sooner then they thought or wanted.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Ugh. Not Fusco too...
@VikingsPR -- The #Vikings have put QB Matt Cassel and G Brandon Fusco on IR and elevated TE Chase Ford and G Austin Wentworth to the 53-man roster.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Ugh. Not Fusco too...
Bummer. I was hoping Fusco would be able to return this season.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Yikes.

I hope Berger or Yankey gets a shot at RG. Vlad Duccase is just too brutal to watch. He reminds me of a worse Anthony Herrera. :cry:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Yikes.

I hope Berger or Yankey gets a shot at RG. Vlad Duccase is just too brutal to watch. He reminds me of a worse Anthony Herrera. :cry:
That's exactly who he is. Duccasse is a large body, little more. Fusco's loss is huge.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: That's exactly who he is. Duccasse is a large body, little more. Fusco's loss is huge.
That's a shame. Most of our running success was to the right side. Fusco and Sullivan were working well together. That's a real blow. Hopefully Yankey can step up and develop into a real starting quality G. Next year a healthy Fusco and developed Yankey could make for a pretty good interior line.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

This sucks. Fusco was right up there with Sully when it came to consistency and play. Why couldn't have this happened to Charlie instead!!!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@mattvensel -- Kyle Rudolph had surgery yesterday. A candidate for IR to return, but "probably not," Zimmer said. Sliver of good news there.