Vikings @ Panthers Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 3

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings @ Panthers Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 3

Post by Mothman »

soflavike wrote:TCF Bank stadium is turf, not grass.
Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember but that makes sense considering the climate.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

808vikingsfan wrote:I don't play FF but I'm guessing 26 points for a defense is pretty high.
Pretty darn good. Probably be the most scored by a defense this week. The D scored more than most offensive players so far.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

I know the defense was the big story today, but our OL and QB made some big adjustments at halftime and turned things around. I really like Bradford's poise and his arm. He's accurate, doesn't make dumb throws and makes plays when he needs to.

Big SKOL for our new QB. :beerchug:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

soflavike wrote:I know the defense was the big story today, but our OL and QB made some big adjustments at halftime and turned things around. I really like Bradford's poise and his arm. He's accurate, doesn't make dumb throws and makes plays when he needs to.

Big SKOL for our new QB. :beerchug:

I agree. The OL made huge strides, with two backups in the game after Boone went out.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

S197 wrote: Well, we're no Green Bay D but we scrape by...
:rofl:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

akvikingsfan wrote:Vikings by 10.
I'd say I was pretty close.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

DP Clemmings had a decent game :thumbsup:
Man am I stoked about this win. The team showed a lot of back bone :thumbsup:

Poor Cam.... :D :whistle:
bsandhar
Practice Squad

Post by bsandhar »

This was a great win for us today. I really think Carolina is an Elite team! I honestly think AP has fallen off big time. He's a liability in pass pro, can't catch out he backfield, doesn't fit Norv's scheme very well, and hasn't been reading the holes very well. Maybe we are better off with McKinnon. Even if we don't get stacked boxes, we can do so much more having a versatile back out the backfield, that must help a quarterback just as much as stacked boxes...... right????
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

bsandhar wrote:This was a great win for us today. I really think Carolina is an Elite team! I honestly think AP has fallen off big time. He's a liability in pass pro, can't catch out he backfield, doesn't fit Norv's scheme very well, and hasn't been reading the holes very well. Maybe we are better off with McKinnon. Even if we don't get stacked boxes, we can do so much more having a versatile back out the backfield, that must help a quarterback just as much as stacked boxes...... right????

I agree that CAR is still, probably, an elite team. It was a very unexpected win.

AD didn't even play, and people still bash him.. If you all didn't notice, the running game didn't do much better with the two headed monster of McKinnon and Asiata back there.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I agree that CAR is still, probably, an elite team. It was a very unexpected win.

AD didn't even play, and people still bash him.. If you all didn't notice, the running game didn't do much better with the two headed monster of McKinnon and Asiata back there.
It makes me crazy...
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote: It makes me crazy...
Seemed to me that we had a lot fewer negative plays without AD in there which gave us better down to go distances. Could be wrong though since I'm just going off memory.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

For any of the schematic/strategy wonks out there.......what did they do so differently on offense, particularly the OL in the 2nd half? They looked pretty solid in the 2nd and did not look like a legit NFL offense in the 1st!!!

So far I've seen shorter routes and shifting protection which I guess makes sense

This defense is ridiculous. Did Cam have the worst passer rating of the week so far??? I think Mariota and AR had the worst in weeks 1&2 respectively. would be awesome to keep the streak going!!!!

8 sacks, 3 picks, and a safety against the reigning NFC champs and the reigning MVP QB. On the road. Wow.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

TSonn wrote: Seemed to me that we had a lot fewer negative plays without AD in there which gave us better down to go distances. Could be wrong though since I'm just going off memory.
In week 10, McKinnon will break off a 75 yarder, and everyone will say we don't need AD again. I can just feel it.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

TSonn wrote: Seemed to me that we had a lot fewer negative plays without AD in there which gave us better down to go distances. Could be wrong though since I'm just going off memory.
I think that's true. McKinnon generally took what was there. there was one play in particular that stood out to me, where there was nothing there, and Jerrick slammed into the D-Line for a gain of 0. it was exactly the type of play Peterson has been taking 2-5 yard losses on for the last year +
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »