OBJ

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: OBJ

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:43 pm
fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:22 pm

Just to clarify, as I have many times, Cousins does some things very well. I'm not even saying Cousins is wrong to not make those passes, but that I can understand a WR who has worked hard to hone his craft being frustrated that his QB isn't making those passes. I'm not trying to make an argument, or knock Cousins, I'm trying to describe the reality from multiple perspectives (in this case, Diggs) as best I can given imperfect knowledge.
Fair enough. The best WRs believe they are always open and usually are. They should still realize there is no I in team. They should trust their teammates to do their job well and just focus on doing their own job well.
Big agreement here. You never see Adam Thielen acting out on Twitter or giving cryptic statements to the media. Thielen understands the concept of team.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:04 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:43 pm
Fair enough. The best WRs believe they are always open and usually are. They should still realize there is no I in team. They should trust their teammates to do their job well and just focus on doing their own job well.
Big agreement here. You never see Adam Thielen acting out on Twitter or giving cryptic statements to the media. Thielen understands the concept of team.
He did act out against Belichick though
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:23 am
I see that as a plus. I don't remember what the beef was, but I'm guessing Belichick deserved it, given his record.
Just looked into it to refresh my memory. The beef was centered on Belichick being Belichick: controversial call to give us a first down, as teams are lining up, a Patriot player acts injured to buy time for a review. Adam didn't like that BS move.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:33 am

I see that as a plus. I don't remember what the beef was, but I'm guessing Belichick deserved it, given his record.
Just looked into it to refresh my memory. The beef was centered on Belichick being Belichick: controversial call to give us a first down, as teams are lining up, a Patriot player acts injured to buy time for a review. Adam didn't like that BS move.
Thank you for explaining, I do not blame Theilen on that
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Thielen has shown his frustrations on the sideline with Kirk as well. Both Diggs and Thielen missed out on on a lot of potential production in certain dimensions of their game that haven't be capitalized upon lately. Of course, that potential production came with greater risk, but both of them have shown the ability to capitalize on a very high rate of those opportunities, and both have shown frustration with being denied the chance to capitalize on more of those opportunities over the last two years. Its easy to understand where they are coming from even if their behavior has been a bit less than fully professional at times.

I'm not saying we shoulda kept Diggs.
I'm not sayings Cousins should throw more risky passes.
I'm not saying that some of the things Cousins does REALLY well didn't increase production for his WRs in those dimensions of the game.

I'm saying Cousins has a personality and a way of playing that isn't going to take advantage of certain things (just like every other QB in the league). Meanwhile, he is going to take advantage of other things (just like every other QB in the league). If he is the QB for this team, they should build around those areas of strength.

The question at hand was whether OBJ was a fit with what Cousins does well, and whether he was a fit with what Cousins doesn't do as well. Diggs wasn't. I doubt OBJ would be either.

I think we can find WRs who can be schemed open and make hay with their athleticism later and cheaper, and Kirk can make those guys look damn good with his accuracy, and they can do the same for him with their athleticism.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins