Kyle Rudolph and Vikings break off contract talks

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Kyle Rudolph and Vikings break off contract talks

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Hahaha sorry I know it was immature - just couldn’t help myself!! :smilevike:
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:10 pm Hahaha sorry I know it was immature - just couldn’t help myself!! :smilevike:
Hey, real men stay young by keeping that immature humor side! Loved it! :lol: :appl:
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:04 am
VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Whoa!!! Too much information, man! With bows?!?!?! OUCH!!!!!

Ha ha, just messing with you :D :D

SKOL!!!!!!!! :v): :v): :v): :v): :v):
HOLY CRAP that auto spell definitely made me look real bad!! LOL. THAT was a good one buddy.
Let me retract that and submit.. we LIVE in treestands. Whew.. thanks for bringing that to my attention.
I needed that laugh.. one of those crappy days at work. Thanks man
Arrows might be understandable, but not bows. :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Raptorman wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:20 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:04 am

HOLY CRAP that auto spell definitely made me look real bad!! LOL. THAT was a good one buddy.
Let me retract that and submit.. we LIVE in treestands. Whew.. thanks for bringing that to my attention.
I needed that laugh.. one of those crappy days at work. Thanks man
Arrows might be understandable, but not bows. :D
:mrgreen: it would never happen first of all, but with the broadheads I use, it would be a 1 time deal and then I would be permanently gone from the board, well, permanently gone.
I believe I will just stick.. did ya catch that pun... with putting the arrows thru the boiler room of whitetail for the grill. Lol. Man it's amazing how 1 letter in a word can totally steer a statement to a horrible scenario. Lol. And just my luck there are guys here who are able to spot it.. like I would on someone else.
My hunting buddies have been having a blast with this snafu. Well played gentlemen... well played. :appl: my wife even cracked up over it. Believe me, I'm really looking over my posts from now on before I hit submit.
You guys are GOOD
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:20 pm I thought Kyle might not be around this year when the Vikes wasted a 2nd rd pick on Irv. I guess its ok to pick need when its Kubiak doing it LOL. So many people here cry about going BPA every pick, and when the Vikes go need (on almost all the picks, needs for Kubiaks new system) no one bats an eye or says a word.

Kyle didnt look very good last year, I doubt we miss him much if he does leave, but you never know. He will be missed more in the community at this point.
His time is up. Nice career but it's over and he won't be missed. This is a great example of wasting CAP on a stiff. His cap can be used on a WR during finale cut down or trade. We need a legit number 3 right now.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

CharVike wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 am
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:20 pm I thought Kyle might not be around this year when the Vikes wasted a 2nd rd pick on Irv. I guess its ok to pick need when its Kubiak doing it LOL. So many people here cry about going BPA every pick, and when the Vikes go need (on almost all the picks, needs for Kubiaks new system) no one bats an eye or says a word.

Kyle didnt look very good last year, I doubt we miss him much if he does leave, but you never know. He will be missed more in the community at this point.
His time is up. Nice career but it's over and he won't be missed. This is a great example of wasting CAP on a stiff. His cap can be used on a WR during finale cut down or trade. We need a legit number 3 right now.
His time is far from up. He's 29 and has put up top ten TE receiving numbers 3 of the last four years including last year when he and Cousins got off to a slow start. I think his future for at least the next four years is bright.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:49 am
CharVike wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 am
His time is far from up. He's 29 and has put up top ten TE receiving numbers 3 of the last four years including last year when he and Cousins got off to a slow start. I think his future for at least the next four years is bright.
He's a FA next year so we will see his value when he hits the market. I knock Rudy and have never really liked him since he was drafted. But in fairness he has had some nice seasons. And that was with a bunch of bum QBs. I know he'll play for us this year and I hope he finds his stride. He should have a great year especially with FA in his face. That's good for us. I knock guys but I want them all to play great. I want a Super Bowl before I die. Last year was tough but we were still there the last game even after all the BS that happened to our team. That shows how good the core is.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

CharVike wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:21 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:49 am
He's a FA next year so we will see his value when he hits the market. I knock Rudy and have never really liked him since he was drafted. But in fairness he has had some nice seasons. And that was with a bunch of bum QBs. I know he'll play for us this year and I hope he finds his stride. He should have a great year especially with FA in his face. That's good for us. I knock guys but I want them all to play great. I want a Super Bowl before I die. Last year was tough but we were still there the last game even after all the BS that happened to our team. That shows how good the core is.
Barring signing an extension with the Vikings Rudolph if he performs about as expected can expect a 3 year FA deal at 20 Million with say 12 million guaranteed. If he performs better than expected he might command 8 million a year or more. If he's a bum well.....