How happy are you with this draft?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How pleased are you by the Vikings 2013 draft?

We kicked serious @$$
52%
Happy with what we did
28%
Pleased
11%
Not sure, will wait and see how they turn out
9%
We got great value but didn't get the right guys
No votes
Not happy with this draft
No votes

Total votes: 116

Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: How happy are you with this draft?

Post by Eli »

Eli wrote:Players who'll be over 30 this season:

Code: Select all

Player             Pos   DOB       Age (4/26)
-- -----------------  ----  --------  ----------
 8 Robison, Brian     DE    04/23/83    30.01
BTW, a belated happy birthday to Brian Robison on his big 3-0.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

mosscarter wrote:mondry: condense your posts, only about 15 percent of that was actually worth reading.
Haha, above your head eh? Sad.

I'm excited with these picks. I see the Vikings making big playoff runs in the next few years and (fingers crossed) a super bowl appearance.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Orion wrote: Haha, above your head eh? Sad.

I'm excited with these picks. I see the Vikings making big playoff runs in the next few years and (fingers crossed) a super bowl appearance.
I had this funny vision of mosscarter sitting at his keyboard, wearing his Randy Moss pj's and banging away :rofl:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

hibbingviking wrote:mel kiper and jon gruden didn't like the Patterson pick they thought teo would be better. mayock and Irvin loved the Patterson pick . Vikings picked the best players available and got better like they were suppose to do. :v):

I respect Mayock more than Kiper tbh.
This space available for rent.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

PurpleHalo wrote:
I respect Mayock more than Kiper tbh.
Oh yeah, for me it's not even close, Mayock for sure.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

My thoughts on the Patterson pick, it will be very hard for him to completely bust, as he has experience returning kicks and punts, and is a dangerous guy in open field. He will not have the pressure like Twill did, replacing Moss. He can be eased into the passing game, Jarious Wright can fill that slot WR spot, and having Jennings as solid as he is helps in production and teaching Patterson how to be an NFL WR. Very similar to when Carter took Moss under his wing, and Jennings enjoys doing it too. He can just start out doing what he excels at, returning kicks gaining confidence, than explode into the passing game head high.
This space available for rent.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

PurpleHalo wrote:My thoughts on the Patterson pick, it will be very hard for him to completely bust, as he has experience returning kicks and punts, and is a dangerous guy in open field. He will not have the pressure like Twill did, replacing Moss. He can be eased into the passing game, Jarious Wright can fill that slot WR spot, and having Jennings as solid as he is helps in production and teaching Patterson how to be an NFL WR. Very similar to when Carter took Moss under his wing, and Jennings enjoys doing it too. He can just start out doing what he excels at, returning kicks gaining confidence, than explode into the passing game head high.

I agree and think that Ponder, who already has developed a chemistry with Rudolph can develop along with Patterson.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Eli wrote: I think they'll draft a linebacker and an interior offensive lineman in the 4th and 5th rounds.

LB if they somehow trade up. Otherwise it's most likely a DB and OL for depth with the 4th and 5th.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Boon wrote:So its gonna be CP to CP²? lol..im JW! And GJ to spielman yesterday, im JS

:lol:

very clever! :thumbsup:

Not sure what the JS pun is though
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

saint33 wrote:
very clever! :thumbsup:

Not sure what the JS pun is though
Sounds like an identity crisis, first he says he's Jarius Wright, then he says he's Jerome Simpson!
VikingHoard
Backup

Post by VikingHoard »

S197 wrote:I'll vote when the draft is done, we still have two more days.
I agree. I made the mistake of voting for "We kicked serious @ss" right away; but now that the Vikes passed on Garret Gilkey TWICE :!: in the 7th round I want to change my vote to "Not happy with this draft". Oh well, live and learn I guess. *sigh*
This signature predicted the great 2014 - 2025 Vikings dynasty!
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

VikingHoard wrote: I agree. I made the mistake of voting for "We kicked serious @ss" right away; but now that the Vikes passed on Garret Gilkey TWICE :!: in the 7th round I want to change my vote to "Not happy with this draft". Oh well, live and learn I guess. *sigh*
I assume you're joking, right? Garrett Gikey over Mauti? Maybe over Travis Bond, but then I don't know anything about him.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

losperros wrote: I assume you're joking, right? Garrett Gikey over Mauti? Maybe over Travis Bond, but then I don't know anything about him.
lol, who changes their opinion on the draft based on what happens in the 7th round?! :lol:
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

seems like the Vikings closed there eyes and picked anyone in the 7th. :confused:
VikingHoard
Backup

Post by VikingHoard »

mondry wrote:lol, who changes their opinion on the draft based on what happens in the 7th round?! :lol:
:wink:
This signature predicted the great 2014 - 2025 Vikings dynasty!