Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

NextQuestion wrote:My guess is that Robinson moved into the slot when Winfield went down. Jefferson is looking more like a bad trade every time some WR burns him.
Actually, Robinson wasn't on the field. I must have asked five times on the in-game thread why he wasn't.

Jefferson wasn't the problem. Sherels was.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I think we come out hungry. Take an early lead. And then never look back. It will be a hard fought game. AD will be in beast mode, put up 250+ yards and 2 TDs. Ponder will put up 200 yards and a TD to Wright. Walsh will hit 2 50+ yards. The D will do a good enough job of keeping the Packers out of the end zone. I believe we win the game 27-21 and pack our bags for Atlanta.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Actually, Robinson wasn't on the field. I must have asked five times on the in-game thread why he wasn't.

Jefferson wasn't the problem. Sherels was.
They both got pretty beat up. Sherels may have been targeted more, but Jefferson also had a number of failures in coverage.

I asked the same question in another thread. Robinson played only 14 downs to Sherels' 32, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Sherels barely saw the field this year at cornerback, while Robinson played quite a bit.
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

Posted this earlier this year right after the Cards game:

"I'd like to point something out: I remember a team in 2010 that was having a lot of troubles, fans weren't very happy week to week losing to teams they shouldn't be losing to and playing under their level. All the sudden the playoffs hit and they go to the Superbowl a man named Aaron Rodgers wins Super Bowl MVP. That's one thing I know we have with our Vikings; I can see Ponder all the sudden hitting a spark at the right time and we just plow through the playoffs.

Optimistic? Hell to the yes. But hey it's not totally out of the question."

I still believe on our best game there aren't many who can beat us. SKOL.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

Few reasons the vikings could be victorious this week-end.

Weather forecast is showing -11 to -14,winds and possibility of snow.Weird enough minny is a dome team,but the vikings are built to succeed in a cold weather. Minny's a physical running team,and Ponder doesn't throw that much.

Adrian peterson could run wild again,and keep A rodgers off the field.The packers couldn't contain AD the last 2 games,and i'd be very surprised if they do in a colder environment.

Apparently A. Rodgers never won a playoff game in lambeau field.(I'm hoping this continues Saturday)

I'll not predict a win,but the vikings have a very good chance of winning against a tough opponent(hate the packers).
rogers 12
Waterboy

Post by rogers 12 »

Huge packer fanatic hear to to cause problems but congratulate the vikes on their win, it took me all week to post this but it was a great game to watch. Adrian Peterson is the best running back I have ever seen and have watched quite a few. I am trying to have an objective look at this Saturdays game, just checked weather for Green Bay Saturday night and around 20 degrees with a five to ten mile and hour wind so weather could be a lot worse for both teams. I really think it comes down to if we can keep Peterson under 150 yards the Pack win and not the vikes win. I know last two games he has went around 200 but we get Charles Woodson back and he is not the best and covering receivers anymore he can play the run and is like another small linebacker out there. Also I seen another post where a member said Rogers is pissed and he plays his best football in that frame of mind. I really think the vikes wanted it worse this past weekend but I think the pack will want it more this weekend My prediction is packers 24 vikings 21. It think it will be close but getting woodson back and also Randal Cobb we really help. I don't think Ponder can duplicate the 3 td no int performance again and even thought he threw 3 tds and peterson went for 200 they barely won. Hopefully it will be another great game. I see Rogers throwing for 3-4 tds and peterson getting his yards but I think Ponder will make a mistake for the game. Scott
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

rogers 12 wrote:Huge packer fanatic hear to to cause problems but congratulate the vikes on their win, it took me all week to post this but it was a great game to watch. Adrian Peterson is the best running back I have ever seen and have watched quite a few. I am trying to have an objective look at this Saturdays game, just checked weather for Green Bay Saturday night and around 20 degrees with a five to ten mile and hour wind so weather could be a lot worse for both teams. I really think it comes down to if we can keep Peterson under 150 yards the Pack win and not the vikes win. I know last two games he has went around 200 but we get Charles Woodson back and he is not the best and covering receivers anymore he can play the run and is like another small linebacker out there. Also I seen another post where a member said Rogers is pissed and he plays his best football in that frame of mind. I really think the vikes wanted it worse this past weekend but I think the pack will want it more this weekend My prediction is packers 24 vikings 21. It think it will be close but getting woodson back and also Randal Cobb we really help. I don't think Ponder can duplicate the 3 td no int performance again and even thought he threw 3 tds and peterson went for 200 they barely won. Hopefully it will be another great game. I see Rogers throwing for 3-4 tds and peterson getting his yards but I think Ponder will make a mistake for the game. Scott
Welcome Rogers 12. I mean the weather could affect more a passing team then running team.
Tark10
Starter

Post by Tark10 »

Outdoors in the cold will favor our ground game. Rogers will have problems throwing the ball. 19-17 VIKINGS! Why not!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

What it is with all the Packer fans that say Ponder can't produce another 3 TD game? They have no faith in the ability of our QB. :D They also talk about shutting down Peterson. They made adjustments from the first game and shut him down by 11 yards. Although his ypc were down. I expect to see Peterson get at least 150 yards. I think the Packers will blitz Ponder more this game than last. It will be interesting to see how he deals with it. I know many Packer fans are ticked that they only got one sack while giving up 5.

That being said, I think the Packers take the game. I also think out of the NFC teams in the playoffs they are the worse one as far as match ups go. If we were playing any other team I would be much more confident in a Vikings win.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

2 things to note -
1) Rodgers has not won a home playoff game that he was the starting QB (yes he filled in for Favre in 2007 vs Seattle but it was in garbage time when they won 42-20)
2) The Vikes have never lost a playoff game in Green Bay

that and others have said, those who tend to get hot just before the end of the season often times win it all. But we have been crushed many times by close finishes.

But here is to hoping :govikes:
Purple Pride till the end.
PurplePPLEater
Rookie

Post by PurplePPLEater »

PotGoblin wrote:2 things to note -
1) Rodgers has not won a home playoff game that he was the starting QB (yes he filled in for Favre in 2007 vs Seattle but it was in garbage time when they won 42-20)
2) The Vikes have never lost a playoff game in Green Bay
I came here to post #1 but I guess I'm not enough of a fan yet to know the history of #2.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a "home-field advantage" it really will end up being. They'll still have the crowd which helps a lot, but I have a good feeling about this game.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY!!!! :v):
Arma
Starter

Post by Arma »

I read something earlier this year, that I can't for the life of me find again, that statically there is really no advantage to home field advantage outside of a few stadiums. I remember reading Seattle and Vikings were one of the ones that did have a good increase. So I'm really not looking at playing at their place as a hard place to win in. If anything it helps us.
Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Packer 31 Vikings 17

I wish i thought we would do better but we barely beat them at home and we lost some players in last game..

glad we won four in a row though
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

rogers 12 wrote:Huge packer fanatic hear to to cause problems but congratulate the vikes on their win, it took me all week to post this but it was a great game to watch. Adrian Peterson is the best running back I have ever seen and have watched quite a few. I am trying to have an objective look at this Saturdays game, just checked weather for Green Bay Saturday night and around 20 degrees with a five to ten mile and hour wind so weather could be a lot worse for both teams. I really think it comes down to if we can keep Peterson under 150 yards the Pack win and not the vikes win. I know last two games he has went around 200 but we get Charles Woodson back and he is not the best and covering receivers anymore he can play the run and is like another small linebacker out there. Also I seen another post where a member said Rogers is pissed and he plays his best football in that frame of mind. I really think the vikes wanted it worse this past weekend but I think the pack will want it more this weekend My prediction is packers 24 vikings 21. It think it will be close but getting woodson back and also Randal Cobb we really help. I don't think Ponder can duplicate the 3 td no int performance again and even thought he threw 3 tds and peterson went for 200 they barely won. Hopefully it will be another great game. I see Rogers throwing for 3-4 tds and peterson getting his yards but I think Ponder will make a mistake for the game. Scott
There are a lot of respctful fans that come on this board supporting other teams and you appear to be one of them. I would like to bring to your attention that Aaron RODGERS spells his last name RODGERS not ROGeRS. This could be a typo but it is in your "name" Rogers 12 spelled that way and also in your post. Just sayin..... :)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
csopher
Waterboy

Post by csopher »

VikingPaul73 wrote:Vikings 31
Packers 17

AD rushes for 299 in the snow and the D will do enough to contain AR.

and then...

Vikings 30
Dirty Birds 27
(OT) with a Blair Walsh 55 yarder after the Vikings D holds on 1st possession

and then

Vikings 17
Redskins 10
Vikings D holds in final seconds as Alfred Morris drops a would be first down catch on the Vikings 1 yd line

and FINALLY

Vikings 24
Broncos 17

In what SHOULD have been the matchup in 1998/9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!

I'm new to this board, so ill start by saying hello everyone.....but you know i could actually see that playing out except i think Seattle could be there . i feel who ever wins the vikings/packers could make it the super bowl. i got the vikes winning Saturday 24-21