Baker Mayfield

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Baker Mayfield

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:46 am
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:12 pm
Then why did you write this?

Uhhh because thats the most recent comparison to what they've done and what Zimmer has done? I've said multiple times, this league is all about "what have you done for me lately". And lately, Zimmer has been a pis# poor coach in multiple facets. On top of it, you're using statistics from 3+ years ago and want to keep talking about Zimmer's success in 2017 and partial success in 2019.....cool, not relevant anymore. :confused:
Do you not know what few means or are you incapable of admitting that you were just exaggerating and really only meant the last couple of years, when the talent on defense was bad?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:23 am

Uhhh because thats the most recent comparison to what they've done and what Zimmer has done? I've said multiple times, this league is all about "what have you done for me lately". And lately, Zimmer has been a pis# poor coach in multiple facets. On top of it, you're using statistics from 3+ years ago and want to keep talking about Zimmer's success in 2017 and partial success in 2019.....cool, not relevant anymore. :confused:
Do you not know what few means or are you incapable of admitting that you were just exaggerating and really only meant the last couple of years, when the talent on defense was bad?
The definition of "few" in the context I was using it.....
few: used to emphasize how small a number of people or things is.
When I say few I dont mean let's go back FIVE seasons to 2017. You chose to do that because 2017 fit your argument. A classic Stump move :roll:

And I already told you the talent on defense wasnt bad last year. 2020, maybe. Last year, no. The defense vastly underachieved. Was it top 10? No. But that defense could have been at least average last year and they werent even close. And the real problem when it came to situational football was indeed last year more than anything. When they actually had more talent last year than they did in 2020. More testament to just how bad Zimmer's game managing was last year.

They literally set records for points allowed in the final two minutes of games and you're sitting here trying to defend that. Like what are you even doing? This defense had enough talent on it to not be that pathetic whether you care to admit it or not.

I'm done with this conversation. You're so hell bent on this that you're now nitpicking the wording I used to save face as you continue to sit here defending a coach and a defense that was historically bad last year. It makes you look foolish. Agree to disagree. Either way, I'm done
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:09 am
The definition of "few" in the context I was using it.....
few: used to emphasize how small a number of people or things is.
When I say few I dont mean let's go back FIVE seasons to 2017. You chose to do that because 2017 fit your argument. A classic Stump move :roll:

And I already told you the talent on defense wasnt bad last year. 2020, maybe. Last year, no. The defense vastly underachieved. Was it top 10? No. But that defense could have been at least average last year and they werent even close. And the real problem when it came to situational football was indeed last year more than anything. When they actually had more talent last year than they did in 2020. More testament to just how bad Zimmer's game managing was last year.

They literally set records for points allowed in the final two minutes of games and you're sitting here trying to defend that. Like what are you even doing? This defense had enough talent on it to not be that pathetic whether you care to admit it or not.

I'm done with this conversation. You're so hell bent on this that you're now nitpicking the wording I used to save face as you continue to sit here defending a coach and a defense that was historically bad last year. It makes you look foolish. Agree to disagree. Either way, I'm done
You said a "few" which means more than 2, which was an exaggeration. I called you out on that and instead of just admitting you actually meant a couple or two, you doubled down.

I point this out because it highlights what you are doing with Spielman. You are so hell bent on not being wrong about him, that when he was fired after years of being a failure, instead of admitting that Spielman wasn't good enough, you doubled down and continue to claim Zimmer was the only problem. Something that is clearly not true or Rick would still be around.

Zimmer AND Spielman weren't good enough. It could be argued one was worse at his job than the other, but in the end they both were so bad they are no longer employed.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:19 am
You said a "few" which means more than 2, which was an exaggeration. I called you out on that and instead of just admitting you actually meant a couple or two, you doubled down.

I point this out because it highlights what you are doing with Spielman. You are so hell bent on not being wrong about him, that when he was fired after years of being a failure, instead of admitting that Spielman wasn't good enough, you doubled down and continue to claim Zimmer was the only problem. Something that is clearly not true or Rick would still be around.

Zimmer AND Spielman weren't good enough. It could be argued one was worse at his job than the other, but in the end they both were so bad they are no longer employed.
^wrong again and I've made that clear. Stop putting words in my mouth and move on. I have.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Don't feed the trolls. They'll drag you under their bridge, pull you into the mud, and drown you.
The investment in free agency and the draft on the defensive side of the ball should make that clear to anyone.
Not even taking into consideration the injuries on defense throughout the year...
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I am surprised Baker has not been traded yet, maybe today....