Pathetic

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Tark
Starter

Re: Pathetic

Post by Tark »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:47 pm
Tark wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:22 pm

You’re a stats guy, so what’s the probability of an 0-2 team making the play offs? Sorry to be a bummer but that’s 14 more chances to humiliate ourselves. I think I’ve been a Vikings fan too long to think otherwise ( 30+ years ) How about you?
Clearly you’re missing the point. Someone brought up Trevor Lawrence. Do you realize that the Vikings will have to finish with the leagues worst record and #1 overall pick right to get him right? We’re 0-2 not 0-14. Idk why you’re talking about playoffs. I’m saying that the Vikings aren’t finishing with the leagues worst record.
Not sure I’m with you on that, respectfully, so, no, I’m not missing the point, clearly, dude.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:46 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:16 pm
Being 0-2 is a stat that has plenty of meaning.
It has very little meaning when it comes to where the Vikings will finish. That’s my point, guys are going Gaga over Lawrence and I can be money they aren’t he worst team in the league so it’s a pointless argument. There’s 14 damn games left still. Classic panic mode
If we tie the Pack at the end that 1st game will have plenty of meaning when determining the division winner or a playoff team. That 1st game was key for us. Now our backs are against the wall and lambo becomes a must win. That's not panic it's reality.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:57 pm

It has very little meaning when it comes to where the Vikings will finish. That’s my point, guys are going Gaga over Lawrence and I can be money they aren’t he worst team in the league so it’s a pointless argument. There’s 14 damn games left still. Classic panic mode
If we tie the Pack at the end that 1st game will have plenty of meaning when determining the division winner or a playoff team. That 1st game was key for us. Now our backs are against the wall and lambo becomes a must win. That's not panic it's reality.
I mean....

#Vikings fans, we’ve been here before w/Zim

2015:

- Pummeled by SF in Wk 1
- Sky is falling
- Make playoffs

2017:

- Lose Bradford & get destroyed by Pit in Wk 2
- Sky is falling
- Make playoffs

- Diggs dilemma & 2-2 after Wk 4
- Sky is falling
- Make playoffs

....but regardless of what happened the first two weeks, us being 0-2 doesn’t mean we’re landing Lawrence or have any sort of shot at him. Again, we have to finish dead last in the nfl to do that.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

I’m with you but at this point, with no home field advantage, who will we beat? I think the Bears and Lions might sweep us. Forget about winning at GB. Playoffs?? What playoffs??? Another disappointing year, but I’m used to it.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

This season has all the markings of a 4-12 season. I’m disgusted. I fully expected Rogers to torch our secondary, but losing to this Colts team - Unforgivable. I guess I’m glad they only allowed 2500 fans because, living just north of Indy, I would have wasted my money taking the family to the game.
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:00 pm
I mean....

2015:

- Pummeled by SF in Wk 1
- Sky is falling
- Make playoffs

2017:

- Sky is falling
- Make playoffs

- Sky is falling
- Make playoffs

....but regardless of what happened the first two weeks, us being 0-2 doesn’t mean we’re landing Lawrence or have any sort of shot at him. Again, we have to finish dead last in the nfl to do that.
Going by that matrix, we’re not in the play offs until the sky is falling in 2021, right? To think otherwise is delusional. It’s irrelevant.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

S197 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:13 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Yes. It will ensure we get Lawrence trade down for 20 draft picks.
FYP
😂😂
Good one that was funny!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Zimmer has never started 0-2. And this isn’t a hard fought, lost in the last minute 0-2. It’s a team that has been flat out embarrassed in back to back games.

I’m having a hard time figuring out how they turn it around. Hunter, assuming he can come back, could be a catalyst. But in the meantime what can the defense do? I think they need to blitz more often. Zimmer’s scheme seems to get softer every year. Remember the double A gap look? What happened to that? The cover zero blitzes. If you’re going to lose, at least hit the QB in the mouth a few times.

On offense I think it’s all about getting Cook going. And then layering on the play action. Figure out a way to get guys not named Thielen the ball. And Cousins needs to play better situational football. Last weeks safety wasn’t on him. But this week? You can’t stand in your end zone for three seconds and not make a throw. That’s a one, maybe two read play then get rid of it. You can’t stand there like it’s any other 2nd down.

I do agree with PHP that this team isn’t Trevor Lawrence bad. I mean, yes right now they look that bad but somehow they’ll pull out some wins in games they shouldn’t win. They always do. My best guess is we end up somewhere around the Barr pick. 8th or 9th overall.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

S197 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:49 pm Zimmer has never started 0-2. And this isn’t a hard fought, lost in the last minute 0-2. It’s a team that has been flat out embarrassed in back to back games.

I’m having a hard time figuring out how they turn it around. Hunter, assuming he can come back, could be a catalyst. But in the meantime what can the defense do? I think they need to blitz more often. Zimmer’s scheme seems to get softer every year. Remember the double A gap look? What happened to that? The cover zero blitzes. If you’re going to lose, at least hit the QB in the mouth a few times.

On offense I think it’s all about getting Cook going. And then layering on the play action. Figure out a way to get guys not named Thielen the ball. And Cousins needs to play better situational football. Last weeks safety wasn’t on him. But this week? You can’t stand in your end zone for three seconds and not make a throw. That’s a one, maybe two read play then get rid of it. You can’t stand there like it’s any other 2nd down.

I do agree with PHP that this team isn’t Trevor Lawrence bad. I mean, yes right now they look that bad but somehow they’ll pull out some wins in games they shouldn’t win. They always do. My best guess is we end up somewhere around the Barr pick. 8th or 9th overall.
Well they need to trade up and get him then. I honestly believe this team, given how its playing out now, will win 2 games at best. This isnt some funk, theyre just that bad. I have just been salty on sports recently so i might come off as that, but i am so sick of these teams, who get lucky in the draft, having decades of competetive play because they have a good qb, regardless of how bad the team is.

And now a team is probably gonna get lucky with lawrence and become a contender for years to come. I know its not a guarantee that he is going to be elite, but i would rather take my chance than stick with this clown in all seriousness. Nfl really has me tilted right now
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I mentioned this in the chat but...

Our offense relies on winning the TOP to win the game and right now opposing teams are averaging 4 minute drives each possession while we are averaging just under 2 minute drives. That math isn't going to add up. If our defense is gonna allow tons of TOP and yardage we should at least have a high flying offense to compensate. As it stands right now, our offense and defense are not playing complementary football and our team doesn't seem to be built for complementary football in terms of scheme and talent at all. Just bad all around. Zim is gonna have to make some major adjustments this season like he never has before if we want to start winning some games. I'm not sure if he has it in him since he's always been about running the ball and fundamental defense.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I decided to not get the NFL Sunday Ticket anymore back in June, this is looking like a good year to not watch the games. My son was over today streaming the game and I was listening to him as the game went on he started to realize that this team lacks heart and has a severe lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball. Yes I realize that it's only been two games ,but from all I have seen and stats that back up my observations, we are not going very far this year. At the beginning of the year I thought we may be a 9 win team, but with only 1 reliable Wide Receiver and a Defense that has lost it's identity, we will be lucky to win 3 games.
4mnvikings82
Practice Squad

Post by 4mnvikings82 »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:11 pm This season has all the markings of a 4-12 season. I’m disgusted. I fully expected Rogers to torch our secondary, but losing to this Colts team - Unforgivable. I guess I’m glad they only allowed 2500 fans because, living just north of Indy, I would have wasted my money taking the family to the game.
I'm curious what four teams you think we'll beat?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The last time this team looked this bad was against the Bill's, and it seemed to many of us like something was going on behind the scenes. We later came to find out the Everson Griffin, a team leader, had gone bananas and there seemed to be more important things than football at play.

I am only speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if this team is in the midst of a racial and or political divide. Spielman and Zimmer dont seem like guys well suited to play things politic enough to get everybody on the same page given the intensity of the passions at play, which may be a knock, or may be praise depending on ones point of view, but that's entirely secondary to the point I'm making. I think this team is playing like a house divided, like they have more important things on their mind, like they are not focused on the task at hand. Dont be shocked if we should hear something to this effect as the year goes on and as the season spirals out of control.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:00 pm
I mean....

2015:

- Pummeled by SF in Wk 1
- Sky is falling
- Make playoffs

2017:

- Sky is falling
- Make playoffs

- Sky is falling
- Make playoffs

None of those felt like this. We looks inept. Nothing seems to be work. We seem aimless. Im getting 2011 vibes.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

fiestavike wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:42 pm The last time this team looked this bad was against the Bill's, and it seemed to many of us like something was going on behind the scenes. We later came to find out the Everson Griffin, a team leader, had gone bananas and there seemed to be more important things than football at play.

I am only speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if this team is in the midst of a racial and or political divide. Spielman and Zimmer dont seem like guys well suited to play things politic enough to get everybody on the same page given the intensity of the passions at play, which may be a knock, or may be praise depending on ones point of view, but that's entirely secondary to the point I'm making. I think this team is playing like a house divided, like they have more important things on their mind, like they are not focused on the task at hand. Dont be shocked if we should hear something to this effect as the year goes on and as the season spirals out of control.
I don't think that is it. I think we are simply that bad. You guys undervalue just how important Diggs was to this offense. Stats don't always tell the tale. He occupied so much attention and was the energy spark plug for this team. Who on offense is the energy guy. AT? Nope. Cook? Nope. Kirk? Nah bruh. I can't point to one game and say we are favored in it.