Young Theodore Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purpnation
Franchise Player

Re: 21 Year Old Ted Bridgewater

Post by Purpnation »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: There it is.

Haven't had a QB with killer instinct since Favre, and that only lasted a year. At 21 years old, Teddy's gonna give us a lot more than one year.

2 years actually.

I don't see how people are still feeling negative after that win, relax! We have a 21 year old franchise QB that will continue to improve, just enjoy the ride guys, seriously.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

808vikingsfan wrote: another gif

https://vine.co/v/OOHqrHlWrKD
Anyone else have flashbacks to Troy Williamson dropping a wide open bomb in Denver?
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Mike Wobschall‏@wobby
Bridgewater was 9 of 10 for 95 yards and 1 TD on 3rd downs in yesterday's win. #Vikings #GUMP
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

bridgewater is actually better during crunchtime. but he doesn't a very strong arm and isn't that accurate going deep. but he's young and getting better. his pocket presence and awareness is pretty good.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

chicagopurple wrote:You all realize that we are rank 31st in the league for our passing offense, right? Teddy has a lot to prove.....
He doesn't exactly have a many good WR's. He has one. And luckily, a good receiving TE in Ford.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: He doesn't exactly have a many good WR's. He has one. And luckily, a good receiving TE in Ford.
I would like to see the Vikings land DaVante Parker in the draft this year. I have no clue what round he will go in though. I see him range anywhere from the 1st to the 3rd. Either way, he was Teddy's main go-to at Louisville. He's a deep ball WR standing at 6'3 and does an excellent job of getting open. He can also jump through the roof. He was hurt this year but just posted 9 for 132 yards in his first game back. Parker, Patterson, Jennings, Wright and Johnson would be a very good looking WR corps!!

Parker highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYNxoIbQZg8
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Purple bruise wrote:Zimmer get in TB's face: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... turnaround
It's about that 4th down play where he escapes pressure and has an open lane to run but throws the ball away.

"Once I came over to the sideline, Coach Zimmer was right there in my face telling me to, 'Just run it! Just run it!' " Bridgewater said. "I told myself: 'What am I doing?' I know that I have the ability to keep a play alive. I know that if something isn't open down field I can take advantage of my legs and make a play."

Zimmer isn't the only one, I thought he's had a few opportunities to use his legs to pick up yards the past couple games even and especially on that play. I kept thinking to myself, maybe he has so much of the "have to be a pocket passer" mentality going through his head that he completely made his legs not an option for fear of being called a "run first" QB.

Seemed like after that play he had a few decent runs after things broke down too.

Like I said earlier in the thread, it's like the easy things are hard for him and the hard things are easy hahaha.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

In reference to the deep ball accuracy...I hate to be a downer, but he's not guaranteed to improve his touch just because he overthrows instead of overthrowing deep. Anybody remember a guy by the name of Tarvaris?

...no? Me either.

I do think he had what it takes to be a very good QB, but I do think he will peak as a Top 5-10 QB. Which is plenty good enough for me.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I noticed a few times the Vikings wide outs will stop in the out patterns..

It seems like if they would have kept running the pass would be right on the money

# 12 especially
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

When I posted my original comment, I didn't realize one thread had already fallen to talking about Jackson/Bridgewater comparisons. That isn't my point, either, I'm talking specifically about the long pass accuracy and used the first player that came to my head.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

jackal wrote:I noticed a few times the Vikings wide outs will stop in the out patterns..

It seems like if they would have kept running the pass would be right on the money

# 12 especially
I noticed that too. I wonder why they arr doing that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

21 Year Old Ted Bridgewater

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote:
This is an important stat. However I'd like some context, specifically how many of those completions resulted in a first down? A quarterback could post those stats after checking down to a RB well short of the first-down market, which would change the perception of that stat and Bridewater's perceived efficiency.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: This is an important stat. However I'd like some context, specifically how many of those completions resulted in a first down? A quarterback could post those stats after checking down to a RB well short of the first-down market, which would change the perception of that stat and Bridewater's perceived efficiency.
Indeed. It's basically the same problem I have when I see stats about how many completions a DB or LB has allowed. Without more context about the results of those plays, the stat isn't very helpful. If a defender allows a completion that results in a 3 yard gain on third and 5 and makes the tackle short of the marker, he's actually done a good job.
MNSportsNut
Practice Squad

Post by MNSportsNut »

dead_poet wrote: This is an important stat. However I'd like some context, specifically how many of those completions resulted in a first down? A quarterback could post those stats after checking down to a RB well short of the first-down market, which would change the perception of that stat and Bridewater's perceived efficiency.
Hmmm 9 receptions for 95 yards and a TD. The TD was a 20 yard reception if I am not mistaken. That would leave 75 yards for the other 8 ... still over 9 yards per reception. I don't remember that many 3rd and 9 or more situations. Sounds to me like we got 1 for the TD and probably 4-6 others? sounds reasonable without even looking it up.

Another thing. (Not related to Poets post) Can we put the weak arm to bed? :yawn: I believe that he has overthrown most of his long passes.