Behind Peterson's perfect image lay an imperfect human being

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Behind Peterson's perfect image lay an imperfect human b

Post by Just Me »

chicagopurple wrote:I will always stick with my 26, robt smith! Great viking RB, overcame injuries, left head held high, went on to be an MD....superman! Someone u can admire.
Did he become an MD?

Interview dated July 2014
RS: I never worked in medicine, but I worked around it. When I retired I got involved with a company that was doing pharmacy and medical claim analysis. I worked a little bit on the e-commerce side with sales. And actually right now we're working on a community health project with Ohio State and hopefully we'll be launching that this fall.
I know he's an amateur astronomer as he appears in a PBS Movie (Seeing in the Dark) where he is engaged in Astronomy outreach with some kids in Miami.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

chicagopurple wrote:there are MANY ethical athletes in sports. It is not an easy thing to maintain. You are coddled and given special privliges for your entire academic and professional careers, you are given a lot of cash when you are pretty young. Its kind of like kids who inherit wealth.....too much too fast. But, while some may womanize or over indulge, MOST are not Rapist, Spouse/Child/Animal abusers, or Drug Dealers. The ones that step over the lines and commit felonies deserve NO mercy. They do NOT deserve the privlige of playing professional sports. They certainly do NOT deserve your cheering and public support.

AND..Robt Smith was in no way a 1-trick pony.....he was a great back in the open field, a great receiver, and a far FAR better pass blocker then AP ever was......NO Great Back has ever been great without a good group of blockers.....I don't think Demi watched much of the Vikes in the Robert Smith era........
I think there is a point where even the worst among us is entitled to the benefit of mercy.....it's just not in everyone's capacity to offer it, which is fine by me.

Not being argumentative. I really enjoy your conviction and passion. You are consistent....I wish you played on the o-line.

As per R. Smith: I resented him for awhile for quitting right when he seemed to be peaking. I loved watching him in that offense. Hard not to respect his decision in retrospect.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I think, when you are buying jerseys, tickets, etc., that you expect a certain amount of morale's. You obviously don't think they should be role models, but the Love Boat stuff, and now the AD stuff, is beyond what I would just let slide. As far as some of their stuff being not judged upon, I agree. To an extent. But a lot of us spend a lot of money, just to watch the games. We pay their salary, in a way.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Judge: Dec. 1 trial date for Adrian Peterson likely
A Texas judge on Wednesday discussed the possibility of a Dec. 1 trial date for Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who, according to his lawyer, wants his child abuse case resolved so he can get back to work.

Peterson sat in the audience with his wife and mother during the brief court hearing in Conroe, Texas, north of Houston. He wasn’t asked to enter a plea and did not speak during the hearing, during which lawyers for both sides huddled in front of Montgomery County Judge Kelly Case. Peterson’s next hearing date is set for Nov. 14.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

'Little to No Chance' Peterson Plays in 2014 Even If Found Not Guilty - See more at:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... 24664.html
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.