Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

Post by saint33 »

This game is simply too hard to predict, I think it can very easily go either way.

The one thing I will say is that I love being the underdog, and it amazes me that there are still so many people (especially Viking fans) who would be shocked if we pull this out. The same people who were shocked we could make the playoffs, the same people that wrote us off vs SF, and then again when we were 6-6. The same people who were shocked we could dominate the texans, and those same people didn't think we could pull it out vs the pack yesterday. I think its time to realize that we have a good chance to beat anybody and it's time to start taking this team seriously. That's not to say that we will win, or even that we should be favored, but we are just as much in this game as any game we've played. The resiliency of this team is something I can't put into words
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Keys to a GB win? Constantly pass on Sherels and Jefferson. Both are awful DBs
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

Just Me wrote: The Vikings have to score 1,272,235 Touchdowns and a Safety to achieve that score. With 3600 seconds in a football game, we'd need to score 353.4 (rounded up to the nearest 10th) touchdowns per second to achieve it. I just have a hard time believing we could get that....Safety. :gone:
Gee thanks for raining on our parade! :lol:
admvp
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by admvp »

I predict a big emotional letdown for our Vikes after our uber-emotional win Sunday.

We'll fight our tails off, but we'll fall short.

I got Packers 41, Vikings 31.

But it's not like I'm giving up on this season. This team has proven me wrong too many times. And we're a hot team right now. No one should really want to play us.

Still, Aaron Rodgers is really good, and so are the Packers. Hate them, but I think they beat us. :(
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

AP has gone for 400+ yards in 2 games vs the Packers. You got to guess that the Packers are going to put 8-9 people in the box and force Ponder to throw. I think the Vikings win 42-28.

Ponder throws for 370 yards and 5 touchdowns. Kyle The RedZone Reindeer gets 250 yards and 3 touchdowns. Best game ever for a TE. AP gets 15 caries for 90 yards and a Touchdown. Rodgers gets injured in the 1st Quarter.
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
VikeMike
All Pro Elite Player

Post by VikeMike »

Not going to make a prediction. Not going to do it. I'm playing with house money after these last four wins. We'll need to control the clock and really get great pressure by rushing just four guys. If the defense makes one play that turns into a TD, we'll have a shot. I so wish Winfield was healthy, but you can't make injury excuses at this point.

Just going to kick back and enjoy a game I didn't think at the start of the season that the Vikings had a chance to be playing.

Skol.
"Meet at the quarterback"
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

I am so happy and maybe even stunned that we are in the playoffs that no matter what I think this was one of the most successful seasons we ever had . That being said I would guess that the Pacurs will throw everything including the kitchen sink into stopping AD from rushing them to death , I think it will be huge for the passing attack to be able to capitalize on the Pacurs stacking the box , we need to try more deep throws of 10 to 15 yards and at least a few deep balls . The defense needs to prepare for them to come out full blown no huddle right from the start . I have to think the Pacurs will abandon the running game and try to score early and often to make AD less of a factor . This is going to be a great opportunity to test the mettle of both teams and hopefully we will prevail :rock:
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

guys, what happened to cook and robinson? why aren't those two our starting corners? no way we can with with jefferson. rodgers will eat him alive, he threw at him 3 consecutive times on sunday.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Someone else posted this but I can't remember where.......

What do you guys think of playing Griffen, Robison, and Allen at the same time on all 3 downs (along with K-Will). It would sacrifice some run stopping ability but would put more pressure on AR, who is the real threat.

Thoughts?
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

VikingPaul73 wrote:Someone else posted this but I can't remember where.......

What do you guys think of playing Griffen, Robison, and Allen at the same time on all 3 downs (along with K-Will). It would sacrifice some run stopping ability but would put more pressure on AR, who is the real threat.

Thoughts?
I like it on third downs but then we dont have fresh pass rushers to rotate in , I think removing the mike and putting a third safety in might be a better option .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

My guess is that Robinson moved into the slot when Winfield went down. Jefferson is looking more like a bad trade every time some WR burns him.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

NextQuestion wrote:My guess is that Robinson moved into the slot when Winfield went down. Jefferson is looking more like a bad trade every time some WR burns him.
I don't know. I would have to watch the game again (and I'm in the states, and can't access my Game Pass subscription with a USA IP address). But I thought the plays that were generally criticized weren't bad. He didn't do anything against Jordy Nelson that would warrant defensive PI - it's not a penalty to be a guy who "is not looking for the ball", which is what the announcers always say. He actually has to make contact with the receiver and impair his ability to catch the ball. If you watch the play, even Nelson doesn't believe it's pass interference - he makes no sign that he wants a flag. And the next play was just undefendable. Jefferson was inches away. Defending the back shoulder pass requires giving up the throw over the top.

And Jefferson was the guy who ran down Jordy Nelson on the long throw over Sherrels.

I'm not saying he was Deion Sanders out there, but I thought his play was pretty standard CB play, beaten by a ProBowl passing combination.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

I don't think the Vikes will beat the Pack in Lambeau. My prediction is that the turnover bug that we have avoided the last four weeks hits, and we can't come close to overcoming it. But there are a couple reasons that to think that this could really be the Vikings year.

First of all, IIRC, this is the second time in Vikings history that we have won our last four games. I know that it's incredibly hard to believe, but 1998 was the only other time. And the way the Vikes have played their last four - beating 10- and 11-win teams at home, and 7- and 12-win teams on the road - is really the most impressive. The Vikings prevented two teams from getting a bye week. They have essentially won three playoff games (not counting the Rams game, where the opponent wasn't playoff worthy) in the last month.

Furthermore, in the last two years, the eventual Superbowl winner was a team playing well at the end of the season who only clinched a playoff spot in the last game of the season.
JellyBean2144
Starter

Post by JellyBean2144 »

We got this!!

Minnesota 30

Green Bay 23

Let's go, Vikings!!!!
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »