Next years QB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Next years QB

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Raptorman wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Point of fact. Brett Favre first two seasons. 37 Tds, 37 Interception. Sounds pretty average to me. His second season, 19 TD's 24 Interceptions.
Ok? You can say the same about Peyton Manning too. Neither of those guys nearly lost their leg to an injury early in their career either. Bottom line is, you dont just walk into next season with Teddy as a starter. He was average to begin with and is coming off a major injury. Could he be great? Sure. But you dont risk a teams SB chances by relying on him either.

Lets put it this way, out of the 5 QB we've discussed, does Teddy Bridgewater give this team the BEST chance to win a SB? The answer is no. And that's what needs to be our mindset going into this. Who gives us the best chance to win a SB? IMO it's Kirk Cousins.

By no means am I a Teddy hater. I love the guy. But I've just never seen a QB get so much praise for doing so little and being so average. No less he just recovered from an injury that nearly cost him his career. There shouldnt be a single soul out there that's confident in him until he proves otherwise.

Some guys legit hate Sam Bradford who is 10 times the passer Teddy is but loves Teddy because he's...Teddy. Guys give excuses for Teddy not having a good OL, etc. Sam Bradford had just as bad of an OL and literally 0 run game. "Well Sam Bradford cant stay healthy".....Teddy Bridgewater can?? Come on.

There are times I'm a huge homer and I do love Teddy but this front office has lost their mind if they think Teddy should be our starter next year.
I'll laugh like hell if Teddy goes to another team and brings them to the Super Bowl.

FWIW, Since 2012 Sam Bradford has thrown 41+ yards 18 times and completed 6 of them for a 33% completion percentage. However, not one of those passes came as a Viking.
Go ahead and laugh all you want. The chances of that happening are about as good as the Browns winning a SB. Not sure how anyone can think Teddy can actually do that right now
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Go ahead and laugh all you want. The chances of that happening are about as good as the Browns winning a SB. Not sure how anyone can think Teddy can actually do that right now
I bet the Browns make the playoffs this year. Most likely as a WC.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I'm starting to think the Browns will win a SB before the Vikings do.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I'm starting to think the Browns will win a SB before the Vikings do.
:roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Raptorman wrote:
I bet the Browns make the playoffs this year. Most likely as a WC.
Yeah a 1-31 team is making the playoffs and Teddy is winning a SB with another team. Sounds pretty realistic
-Chazz Palminteri
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

FWIW, Kirk Cousins longest TD pass of the year was 74 yards. The only catch? It was a pass that was caught 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

I think this is pretty telling, maybe they'll offer something like 4 years 85 mil.
https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vik ... -115199618
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:I like how people don't trust case after 16 games but they trust Foles after like 5.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yeah thats quite a knee slapper [emoji38]
So how can you explain the trust in Garoppolo with only 7 career starts?
Stupidity?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

[quote="PurpleMustReign”] Stupidity? [/quote]

You know, it kills me that guys are critical of my responses to others but you and PK are throwing out insults towards others on here and it’s ok in your eyes.

I would say it’s recognizing talent when you see it. Nick Foles has been a mediocre at best backup. Jimmy G has gone 7-0 and led a 1-10 team, let me repeat....a 1-10 team to a 5-0 record to end the year. Foles has been up and down. Same with case. That’s yet to happen with Garappolo. But yeah let’s throw a 2nd away for Foles all because he won a SB after taking over the #1 team in the nfl at the end of the year. Makes sense. About as much sense as relying on Teddy Bridgewater this year

But soon we’ll all get to witness how “stupid” the 49ers really are :roll:
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Raptorman wrote:FWIW, Kirk Cousins longest TD pass of the year was 74 yards. The only catch? It was a pass that was caught 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage.
Yeah pretty sure that means nothing. At all
-Chazz Palminteri
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

*Not so bold* prediction:

Case Keenum gets franchise tagged.
Teddy’s gone.
We draft Lamar Jackson (steal AF), or trade the farm for Josh Allen.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

kidfozzy. wrote:*Not so bold* prediction:

Case Keenum gets franchise tagged.
Teddy’s gone.
We draft Lamar Jackson (steal AF), or trade the farm for Josh Allen.
I’m not a huge Jackson fan but I think he would fit well in this offense. I think Mason Rudolph is a big sleeper. They ran primarily RPO’s at Oklahoma state
-Chazz Palminteri
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

The news is already out that they aren't using the franchise tag, how about discussing something relevant?
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

mosscarter wrote:The news is already out that they aren't using the franchise tag, how about discussing something relevant?

I’m 8 hours late (thanks work), I still say we sign Keenum for the short-term.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:[quote="PurpleMustReign”] Stupidity?
You know, it kills me that guys are critical of my responses to others but you and PK are throwing out insults towards others on here and it’s ok in your eyes.

I would say it’s recognizing talent when you see it. Nick Foles has been a mediocre at best backup. Jimmy G has gone 7-0 and led a 1-10 team, let me repeat....a 1-10 team to a 5-0 record to end the year. Foles has been up and down. Same with case. That’s yet to happen with Garappolo. But yeah let’s throw a 2nd away for Foles all because he won a SB after taking over the #1 team in the nfl at the end of the year. Makes sense. About as much sense as relying on Teddy Bridgewater this year

But soon we’ll all get to witness how “stupid” the 49ers really are :roll:[/quote][/quote]Was he talking about you? I assumed he was talking about thec49ers for paying garrapolo so much money. I don't remember you saying you liked Jimmy that much.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018