Stadium thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Re: no room for the vikes

Post by OJVIKE »

thatguy wrote:lol are you having a bad day? Calm down.
no.....they have built
1.twins
2.gophers
3.wild
4. wolves
5. talking about saints
6. talking about renovating target center
and no vikings deal.
MikeCheck
All Pro Elite Player

Post by MikeCheck »

I won't watch football anymore if they move.
"Music is a great way to heal
and a safe place to feel,
trapped in this fake world
a gateway to real" - Shad
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

nor will I
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

OJVIKE wrote: no.....they have built
1.twins
2.gophers
3.wild
4. wolves
5. talking about saints
and no vikings deal.
Because they're working on the proposal right now. This isn't a proposal that can be rushed...it's almost a billion dollars being dropped on a new building compared to 10's of millions on these other things.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

MikeCheck wrote:I won't watch football anymore if they move.
If they kept the Name VIKINGS, the uniform and Helmet I would watch but I can't imagine LA Vikings. It doesn't fit. What, we come from the land of the sun and the sand? If they go to LA it will be just like the Oilers turning into the titans then I will be gone and root for the Chiefs I guess
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

i have a different take. if the people of minnesota are dumb enough (and yes that includes me as i still have a home in white bear and brainerd) to let this team leave because they don't want to see their taxes raised a little....then i'll wish the vikes well. ziggy and the rest of ownership don't owe us anything. if people in the cities and throughout the state really can't see how important the vkes are for the economy....then i'm sorry. i really don't think the vikes are going anywhere, but if they do i'll root for them just the same. maybe i'll sell my homes and stop going to minnesota? :confused:
i'm ready for a beer.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

If the Vikes move I am going to cheer for the Pack!
From the Fjords of ValHalla
ADnChester
Starter

Post by ADnChester »

TeamChaplain wrote:If the Vikes move I am going to cheer for the Pack!
Blasphemy!!!! That would be the very last thing i would even think of doing
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Sigh... guess I would become a Lions fan.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

NextQuestion wrote:Sigh... guess I would become a Lions fan.
I'm embarrassed for you right now...
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Vikings_L1f3
Backup

Post by Vikings_L1f3 »

OJVIKE wrote:L.A. is close to buliding a new stadium....if we dont get the ball rolling here in minny they might leave.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-0 ... adium.html

No its not good enough to get one team in LA now they want 2 are u kinding me.look what happend before the raiders(lakers) were LA's team and every one kinda forgot about the rams(clippers) so they packed up for STL and al davis kinda just left town one day. but really r they gonna put bars around the field in this stadium cause its going to be nothing but gang members like before.or on one side of the field by the endzone put a big jail sell. IMO new team call them LA Riot
Vikings_L1f3
Backup

Re: Stadium thread

Post by Vikings_L1f3 »

send the timberwolves to LA.why fix there place when they cant even win more games then the vikings and they play what like 70ish more games give me abreak.TIMBERWOLVES SUCK
Vikings_L1f3
Backup

Post by Vikings_L1f3 »

OJVIKE wrote: no.....they have built
1.twins
2.gophers
3.wild
4. wolves
5. talking about saints
and no vikings deal.
well here are the teams they are going after.atleast it dont say going after vikings alone.
Majestic has targeted seven teams it plans to approach after the Super Bowl in February about move to the Los Angeles area: the Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.

The firm has said the teams are in stadiums that are either too small or can't be updated with luxury box seats or other revenue sources an NFL club needs to thrive.
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

hard to see lawmakers spending a billion dollars on a sports stadium in this economic and political climate. The Vikings may very well be gone.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

I hope they stay, but I hope the state doesnt give them .01, not even 1. I like the Vikings and would be pretty bummed if they move, but they have fumbled this stadium issue for years, and the now with the states budget in the shape its in, they shouldnt give the Wilfs any money. Hell, after years, the Vikings dont know where they want the stadium, if they want a roof, a retractable roof?? I guess if I was going to ask someone for hundreds of millions of dollars, I would FIRST, know what the hell I want. SECOND, know where in the hell I want to build it. And THIRD, appear as though I had an actual plan.

The Vikings drug their feet too long, this should already have been built. Again, I hope they stay, and at one time I was OK with the stae contributing, now, I am against it. They need to find a corporate partner or pack their #### head west.