Stadium thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Stadium thread

Post by PsyDanny »

Demi wrote:That'd make too much sense. Zygi and the Vikes probably wouldn't go for it. :lol:

Need to shoe horn another stadium into a place with no business having one to guarantee hard to find parking and absolutely no tail gating.
I'm confoosed Demi, as far as I know the Arden Hills spot would be all about parking and tail gaitng. And it certainly would not be hard to find, nestled between the I-35's and close to 694 and US 10, etc.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

TeamChaplain wrote:Again, my biggest concern is time, can a new stadium be built by the start of the 2012 preseason? It seems to me that we are seriously behind the 8 ball. Dallas Cowboy Stadium took 4 years, Lucas Oil stadium took 3 years, Gillette took 2. I just don't know, I don't see it unless it involves using the existing Metrodome in some way.
Not a chance, even last year they were pretty much accepting the fact that they would have to play outside the metrodome if a lease was NOT signed to extend their stay.. You would really be stretching it if they signed a deal today, and had twice the number of contractors on the job as was needed. My guess is that the Vikes will get some kind of deal done some time around the same time as the CBA and it will take 3 years to get into the new stadium (whatever that is). They will extend the Metrodome lease just long enough to get into their new digs.

After that, Bye Bye Dome!!!
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Ash Manson
Waterboy

Post by Ash Manson »

Were any of you at the game against the Bears at TCF? I'm not saying those of you who say the Vikings should have an outdoor stadium are wrong, but I think a large percentage of Vikings fans may have changed their mind about a roofless stadium after attending that game.

I was there, it was a fun, great atmosphere...but the conditions were uncomfortable to say the least. It's Minnesota, it's cold as hell, and honestly I think the convenience of being outside (whatever that is) is far lesser than the inconvenience of dang near freezing to death while trying to support your favorite football team.

That being said, nothing is going to stop me from coming to see the Vikings...I just don't think an outdoor NFL football stadium is very logical in Minnesota.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Ash Manson wrote:Were any of you at the game against the Bears at TCF? I'm not saying those of you who say the Vikings should have an outdoor stadium are wrong, but I think a large percentage of Vikings fans may have changed their mind about a roofless stadium after attending that game.

I was there, it was a fun, great atmosphere...but the conditions were uncomfortable to say the least. It's Minnesota, it's cold as hell, and honestly I think the convenience of being outside (whatever that is) is far lesser than the inconvenience of dang near freezing to death while trying to support your favorite football team.

That being said, nothing is going to stop me from coming to see the Vikings...I just don't think an outdoor NFL football stadium is very logical in Minnesota.

Well, I guess no matter what they build, you will be there. so it doesn't matter??
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Hamburglar
Transition Player

Post by Hamburglar »

I think a new NFL Stadium outdoor experience would be worlds better than the TCF outdoor experience. Seat warmers, most games would be earlier in the day, if they win it'll be a little warmer, bigger crowd, and there will actually be beer sold. Odds are that it'll have a retractable roof though. And that was mid December after a snow storm, Sept-Nov should be much better temp wise. You're probably going to be uncomfortable regardless. A home playoff game would be hell though lol.

Ham
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Hamburglar wrote:A home playoff game would be hell though lol.

Ham
Yeah, for the OTHER team!
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Demi wrote:That'd make too much sense. Zygi and the Vikes probably wouldn't go for it. :lol:

Need to shoe horn another stadium into a place with no business having one to guarantee hard to find parking and absolutely no tail gating.
Zygi originally wanted a site in Blaine a little bit NW of this one. I kinda thought the reason for sticking with Minneapolis is that there are more state reps/senators from there (and Hennepin County) then any other city/county, so that's the best chance to get broad support for state money.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PsyDanny wrote: I'm confoosed Demi, as far as I know the Arden Hills spot would be all about parking and tail gaitng. And it certainly would not be hard to find, nestled between the I-35's and close to 694 and US 10, etc.
He's saying they want to build in downtown Minneapolis, not a site like this with parking, etc.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

glg wrote: He's saying they want to build in downtown Minneapolis, not a site like this with parking, etc.

I missed a clue. Thanks for the clarity.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

i live in arden hills, and am actually literally right across the street from this proposed site. Forum members could park and tailgate at my place for free!
were there any post-meeting articles released? or has anyone heard if any progress was made on this?
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

yezzir wrote:i live in arden hills, and am actually literally right across the street from this proposed site. Forum members could park and tailgate at my place for free!
were there any post-meeting articles released? or has anyone heard if any progress was made on this?
does your property have commercial zoning. I'd be seeing $$$. You could make out like a bandit.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

They plan to renovate the Target Center, and they sent out an e-mail to me through the T-Wolves. I just thought that this part was especially funny...
The Wolves support the renovation proposal because it is sensible and will benefit you - our fans. The renovations will provide an improved fan experience so that our fans will get what they deserve - a fan experience on par with those enjoyed by fans of the Twins, Wild, and other NBA teams. To read more about today's announcement, visit timberwolves.com. To learn more about the proposal, see renderings of the improvements and to learn how you can get involved, visit www.targetcenterrenovation.org.
Just thought it was funny how they didn't include the Vikes (not that I blame them).
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

no room for the vikes

Post by OJVIKE »

http://www.minnpost.com/politicalagenda ... nding_bill
now this...and they want to renovate target center...well good by vikes good luck in L.A.
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Re: no room for the vikes

Post by OJVIKE »

L.A. is close to buliding a new stadium....if we dont get the ball rolling here in minny they might leave.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-0 ... adium.html
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Re: no room for the vikes

Post by thatguy »

lol are you having a bad day? Calm down.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides