Zimmer pleased with Patterson's offseason work, 'mentality'

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Zimmer pleased with Patterson's offseason work, 'mentality'

Post by DK Sweets »

I wonder how the rest of that presser went. I read that as if question had been asked about other reviewer prior to Patterson (possibly Wallace and Johnson) and when the question about Cordarelle came up, Zimmer was basically saying that we're deep at the position.

Essentially, others are reading it as he's "just another guy" but I read it as him saying "every guy in this group is capable of contributing".

Again, I don't know how the rest of the questions had gone, but that was my first reaction after reading the (admittedly light) praise right before that comment.

EDIT: I really don't think I explained myself well on this, but hopefully somebody gets what I'm trying to say.
losperros
Commissioner

Re: Zimmer pleased with Patterson's offseason work, 'mentali

Post by losperros »

DK Sweets wrote:I wonder how the rest of that presser went. I read that as if question had been asked about other reviewer prior to Patterson (possibly Wallace and Johnson) and when the question about Cordarelle came up, Zimmer was basically saying that we're deep at the position.

Essentially, others are reading it as he's "just another guy" but I read it as him saying "every guy in this group is capable of contributing".

Again, I don't know how the rest of the questions had gone, but that was my first reaction after reading the (admittedly light) praise right before that comment.

EDIT: I really don't think I explained myself well on this, but hopefully somebody gets what I'm trying to say.
I understand and agree with what you're saying. Zimmer did note the roster depth in interviews after the last preseason game.

I thought Zimmer was laid back and understated during his last presser.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

You can see and hear Zimmer answer that question about Patterson at the link below. It's one of the first questions he's asked.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 8fc69b9f79

After our conjecture about how he might have intended his response, I came away from the video with the impression that he was basically just fumbling for a way to wrap up his answer. :lol:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I can't wait to see what some of the other members have to say about this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/9/4/9 ... son-finale

Rather than being angry, Cordarrelle Patterson needs to embrace his opportunities and strive to keep improving. Hopefully the reports of him being angry about having to play last night are a whole lot of nothing.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

There was no report of him being "angry". Coleman said he was "unhappy" about playing in the last preseason game and he didn't get into the nature of that supposed unhappiness at all (for example, maybe Patterson was unhappy with himself). Leave it to professional Patterson-basher A.J. Mansour to seize on that lone comment and try to turn it into a controversy (and, of course, an amateur site like the Daily Norseman is only too happy to use the story to court clicks).

This kind of stuff really irks me.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

There was no report of him being "angry". Coleman said he was "unhappy" about playing in the last preseason game and he didn't get into the nature of that supposed unhappiness at all (for example, maybe Patterson was unhappy with himself). Leave it to professional Patterson-basher A.J. Mansour to seize on that lone comment and try to turn it into a controversy (and, of course, an amateur site like the Daily Norseman is only too happy to use the story to court clicks).

This kind of stuff really irks me.
who is Coleman .. this started, with him and Paul Allen (I am assuming) during the radio broadcast of the Titans game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Coleman
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:who is Coleman .. this started, with him and Paul Allen (I am assuming) during the radio broadcast of the Titans game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Coleman
As I assume that Wikipedia article says, he's a former Vikes punter and he's a sideline reporter on the Vikes radio broadcasts. He does a good job in that capacity.

Coleman just made a simple comment. It's Mansour and Daily Norseman manipulating it into click bait that bugs me.