Any trade prospects, ahead of the deadline?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Any trade prospects, ahead of the deadline?

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:56 pm
Cliff wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:41 pm

Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he's not a fan of the team. Enough of the "good fan/bad fan" stuff please.
I'm not talking good fan/bad fan. It has nothing to do with agreeing with him or not. I don't believe he is a Vikings fan. I think he's a fan of himself. I could be wrong.
So you read minds too eh? Wow
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Back to the topic....

Keep hearing talks about Claypool from PIT and Cooks from Texans being potential pieces on the trading block. I'd take either one of those at this point. I think Cooks is something like 80 mil though, not sure what we'd have to figure out to fit that contract.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Crax wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:19 pm Back to the topic....

Keep hearing talks about Claypool from PIT and Cooks from Texans being potential pieces on the trading block. I'd take either one of those at this point. I think Cooks is something like 80 mil though, not sure what we'd have to figure out to fit that contract.
And it sounds like the Steelers are asking for at least a 2nd for Claypool. I'd rather sign OBJ and save the picks, honestly. Or just roll with AT, KJ and Reagor. It's time to get some plays for these guys and spread the ball a bit more.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:42 pm

And it sounds like the Steelers are asking for at least a 2nd for Claypool. I'd rather sign OBJ and save the picks, honestly. Or just roll with AT, KJ and Reagor. It's time to get some plays for these guys and spread the ball a bit more.
I agree. We have had too many 'this has to be the year' deals for my liking the past years. No sense in giving up a 5th and 7th for a WR you havent tried out. Unless he doesnt know the system. I wonder if anyone really knows this system. We will need draft picks next year.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I'd love to have Cooks but that 80 million dollar contract seems like an albatross. He'd add an element we don't have at the moment though.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:56 pm
Cliff wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:41 pm

Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he's not a fan of the team. Enough of the "good fan/bad fan" stuff please.
I'm not talking good fan/bad fan. It has nothing to do with agreeing with him or not. I don't believe he is a Vikings fan. I think he's a fan of himself. I could be wrong.
Yes you are.

Saying he's not a fan is just another way of saying hes not a good fan. So stop.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I feel like OBJ is going to want a crazy amount of money. If that's the case, I'd personally prefer Cooks if it's similar as I think he would totally be fine being the 2nd option.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Crax wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:48 pm

I feel like OBJ is going to want a crazy amount of money. If that's the case, I'd personally prefer Cooks if it's similar as I think he would totally be fine being the 2nd option.
Two things w/ Cooks: 1) his contract is extremely high, so that isn't a better option than OBJ and 2) I'm hesitant to trade for a guy who has been passed around so much. Why doesn't anyone want to keep him on their team? He's about to join his 5th team in 8 years? :shock:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:18 am
Crax wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Two things w/ Cooks: 1) his contract is extremely high, so that isn't a better option than OBJ and 2) I'm hesitant to trade for a guy who has been passed around so much. Why doesn't anyone want to keep him on their team? He's about to join his 5th team in 8 years? :shock:
I saw the same thing. IMO getting another WR won't help much. I'd prefer to get a top 15 center who can help with the middle blocking against these teams with top level D front 7. We don't have a chance if we can't block the 49ers of the world or the Rams ect.. We saw it against the Phines at the start of the last game. Every skill player sucked and we couldn't move the ball. No blocking will do a team in. Also if a G is available it would help more.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

CharVike wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:34 am
Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:18 am

I saw the same thing. IMO getting another WR won't help much. I'd prefer to get a top 15 center who can help with the middle blocking against these teams with top level D front 7. We don't have a chance if we can't block the 49ers of the world or the Rams ect.. We saw it against the Phines at the start of the last game. Every skill player sucked and we couldn't move the ball. No blocking will do a team in. Also if a G is available it would help more.
Agreed. I think G or slot CB would be the smarter investment and quicker improvement, but there are numerous reports that the Vikings have inquired about various WRs around the league. My other hang up is this: Is the issue at WR2 and WR3 REALLY the WR not getting separation? or is it Kirk not wanting to throw into tight windows? Some of you who have seen games in person could probably chime in with better-informed opinions on this point.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Hard pass on both, I rather see Vikings draft wide receivers next year on cheaper contracts
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

So the Broncos have apparently got a big deal offered to them for Bradley Chubb.
3-4 OLB in last year of his rookie deal.
Do you think that KAM is the one doing so?
It's a 1st rder and then some. They can afford him now, but will have to sign to a long term deal. The kid is a STUD... Money for him means we probably trade Hunter in off-season. Not to mention releasing the veterans with diminishing skills.

Whatcha think? Should the Vikings be jumping on this opportunity?
With a win today and 6-1, the playoffs become more and more likely...
Meaning a later 1st rd pick. This dude could be a big time difference maker. Much like Z-Smith
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:35 pm So the Broncos have apparently got a big deal offered to them for Bradley Chubb.
3-4 OLB in last year of his rookie deal.
Do you think that KAM is the one doing so?
It's a 1st rder and then some. They can afford him now, but will have to sign to a long term deal. The kid is a STUD... Money for him means we probably trade Hunter in off-season. Not to mention releasing the veterans with diminishing skills.

Whatcha think? Should the Vikings be jumping on this opportunity?
With a win today and 6-1, the playoffs become more and more likely...
Meaning a later 1st rd pick. This dude could be a big time difference maker. Much like Z-Smith
If the dude is so good would you accept a 1st round pick in the 20s for him and some junk picks. I would be looking min top 10 pick. Unless of course a team will take R Wilson off their hands. I hope they junk this piece of crap 3-4. We have 34 points on the board and the Cards are still in it. We should be resting players and giving some backups time. We will be lucky to hold on with 34 points on the board.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

After the Cardinals game I'm more convinced that we need a G to replace Ingram. Or even give Chris Reed a go, or Schlotmann. Ingram was a turnstile once again.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:43 pm After the Cardinals game I'm more convinced that we need a G to replace Ingram. Or even give Chris Reed a go, or Schlotmann. Ingram was a turnstile once again.
I agree. Every play I watched on Ingram he was terrible. Both pass and run.