Pathetic

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Pathetic

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:16 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:02 pm

Stats mean very little 2 weeks into the season
Being 0-2 is a stat that has plenty of meaning.
It has very little meaning when it comes to where the Vikings will finish. That’s my point, guys are going Gaga over Lawrence and I can be money they aren’t he worst team in the league so it’s a pointless argument. There’s 14 damn games left still. Classic panic mode
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:46 pm
It has very little meaning when it comes to where the Vikings will finish. That’s my point, guys are going Gaga over Lawrence and I can be money they aren’t he worst team in the league so it’s a pointless argument. There’s 14 damn games left still. Classic panic mode
So if they come out flat next week and get skulldrug by the titans are you still going to be skeptical? This team so far looks alot worse than the 3-13 ponder team
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

I would bet money in vegas that going into week 6 the vikings will be the only winless team in the nfl.and i am never this pessimistic. What we are seeing on the field is abysmal
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Boon wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:51 pm

So if they come out flat next week and get skulldrug by the titans are you still going to be skeptical? This team so far looks alot worse than the 3-13 ponder team
Lol like I said dude, 14 games left. 0-2 means nothing right now
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:21 pm This team was never going to compete for a SB with all of the turnover on defense and losing their best play maker on offense.

There was hope for next year, we could have sacrificed wins this year to make 2021 better, and instead we decided to half-#### a rebuild and bank on rookies and 2nd stringers to make us relevant.

The Ngakoue trade, extending Cousins, not cutting Reiff, Elf and Stephen. That is picks and cap spent this year that are doing nothing to help the team win this season, and who will be gone or still not helping next season.

Rick gambled and lost and now this franchise will be set back years because of it.
Ngakoue could very well be here again and if he is, would definitely be helping so idk where you’re going there
-Chazz Palminteri
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:27 pm I doubt this team will climb out of last place this season, although the Lions might enable them to do that.

We'll see what happens but a team can only stagnate under this kind of leadership for so long before it catches up with them and it looks like this might be the season it catches up with the Vikes. Last offseason was a good time to blow things up, change leadership, prepare to move on from Cousins by drafting a young QB, etc. Instead, the Vikings foolishly remain committed to Spielman, Zimmer, Cousins and disappointment.
I guess one point that I've overlooked until now... giving Zimmer and Spielman the extensions last offseason may make them more OK with tanking this season since they're safe with the team for now. Maybe that's what we're seeing this season? Still doesn't make sense with some of the contracts we've brought in.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The post topic is "Pathetic."

Yes, we're completely pathetic. I find it incredibly disappointing that we haven't even been competitive for two straight weeks.

Worse yet, I'm looking at our schedule. Who should we be favored against? Where are the wins? Next five are against the Titans, Texans, Falcons, Seahawks and Packers. If our current level of play continues, we have absolutely no shot against any of those teams, meaning we start 0-7. Then we play the Lions -- I've watched both their games, and they're better than we are right now. Then at Chicago, where we implode annually. Then the Cowboys, Panthers, Jags and Bucs. The Cowboys' offense will wipe the floor with this defense. Carolina and Jacksonville aren't great, but they're competitive, something we're not. They're playing everybody tough. On paper, the Bucs are easily better. Then it's the Bears, Saints and Lions.

Nobody in the world is more optimistic annually than I am about the Minnesota Vikings. But this is a 12-loss team, minimum. At the level we're playing right now, I can't see more than 2 wins. Sorry, but I just don't see it. But I do see us in the hunt for Trevor Lawrence.

We. Are. Pathetic.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:58 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:21 pm This team was never going to compete for a SB with all of the turnover on defense and losing their best play maker on offense.

There was hope for next year, we could have sacrificed wins this year to make 2021 better, and instead we decided to half-#### a rebuild and bank on rookies and 2nd stringers to make us relevant.

The Ngakoue trade, extending Cousins, not cutting Reiff, Elf and Stephen. That is picks and cap spent this year that are doing nothing to help the team win this season, and who will be gone or still not helping next season.

Rick gambled and lost and now this franchise will be set back years because of it.
Ngakoue could very well be here again and if he is, would definitely be helping so idk where you’re going there
So could Reiff, Stephen and Elf.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I should have turned this game off at half-time like I did last week.

It's time to blow this team up. Unfortunately, the team will be in cap hell. I bet we will finish just 'good enough' to be out of contention for a franchise altering pick. That second round pick we blew on Yannick looks like a complete waste, Jacksonville is going to benefit.

Barr, Rudolph, Elflien, Reiff, Stephen need to go. Harris looks bad this year and not worth a contract. Those moves still won't be enough for us to get out of cap hell.

Maybe someday we can get a competent staff that knows how to address the QB and OL. Until then, this franchise won't do ####.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:57 pm
Boon wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Just read that cousins had a 0.0 rating in the late third quarter today. I suppose that means nothing as well, right dude? Insert your Cousins excuses and apologetic comments here: :wallbang:
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Tark wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:11 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Just read that cousins had a 0.0 rating in the late third quarter today. I suppose that means nothing as well, right dude? Insert your Cousins excuses and apologetic comments here: :wallbang:
Cousins was terrible today but it seemed like it was more of a symptom of the entire offense being out of sync, making mistakes, lacking focus, no modern playcalling, etc.

Not making excuses for Cousins but the whole offense (and whole team) just lacks passion, communication, and focus.
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

You’re a stats guy, so what’s the probability of an 0-2 team making the play offs? Sorry to be a bummer but that’s 14 more chances to humiliate ourselves. I think I’ve been a Vikings fan too long to think otherwise ( 30+ years ) How about you?
Last edited by Tark on Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

TSonn wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:16 pm
Tark wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:11 pm

Cousins was terrible today but it seemed like it was more of a symptom of the entire offense being out of sync, making mistakes, lacking focus, no modern playcalling, etc.

Not making excuses for Cousins but the whole offense (and whole team) just lacks passion, communication, and focus.
Yep, totally agree. Kubiak is not our offensive savior nor is Cousins. Zim’s defense needs help from Jesus. This trend will continue until upper management realizes the need for a wholesale change, otherwise we are left with same mediocre product year after year. That bums me out because I’d like to see a SB win before I kick off but I’m running out of time. :govikes:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:07 pm I should have turned this game off at half-time like I did last week.

It's time to blow this team up. Unfortunately, the team will be in cap hell. I bet we will finish just 'good enough' to be out of contention for a franchise altering pick. That second round pick we blew on Yannick looks like a complete waste, Jacksonville is going to benefit.

Barr, Rudolph, Elflien, Reiff, Stephen need to go. Harris looks bad this year and not worth a contract. Those moves still won't be enough for us to get out of cap hell.

Maybe someday we can get a competent staff that knows how to address the QB and OL. Until then, this franchise won't do ####.
I wonder sometimes why I read these threads after a loss. 2 weeks in you’re going to call the Yannick trade a waste? He had a strip sack today if you didn’t see it. And I can bet money we probably weren’t finding a better DE with that 2nd rounder
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Tark wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:22 pm

You’re a stats guy, so what’s the probability of an 0-2 team making the play offs? Sorry to be a bummer but that’s 14 more chances to humiliate ourselves. I think I’ve been a Vikings fan too long to think otherwise ( 30+ years ) How about you?
Clearly you’re missing the point. Someone brought up Trevor Lawrence. Do you realize that the Vikings will have to finish with the leagues worst record and #1 overall pick right to get him right? We’re 0-2 not 0-14. Idk why you’re talking about playoffs. I’m saying that the Vikings aren’t finishing with the leagues worst record.
-Chazz Palminteri