Why TJ Clemmings slipped in the draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Why TJ Clemmings slipped in the draft

Post by jackal »

Don't forget about Stefon Diggs. He's more likely to make the team than Thielen IMO. Diggs is a big time sleeper that I could see taking over if Wallace doesnt pan out for some reason. I could see him sharing some time with Wright as well.
Yeah I listed Diggs in the mix a few lines below in the mix.

Not to mention Zimmer loves secondary and defensive line rotation in the game as well so he will want 6-7 of each of
those I'm guessing ....

I have heard that Adam Theilen is a favorite of many coaches, including mike Prefert (special teams coach)
I'm guessing he might squeeze in a special teams spot...That means a good player at LB or running back is going
to miss the 53 man cut...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I would love to see Asiata there. Much more than Line. I know Asiata has experience at the position and has a lot of experience running the ball. He would be much more useful at the position that Line.
I agree. His blocking skills are very good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Jeff Davidson OL coach did a pick six interview and gave some insight to the OL changes.

Fusco has handled the switch to LG with few problems.

Sullivan is the leader of the Group and could be a future coach if he chooses (per Davidson OL Coach)

Baps is taking coaching well and per Davidson could be a very interesting player when he upgrades his skills.
(Possible Kalil replacement ?? time will tell)
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

jackal wrote:I'm hoping Clemmings is a monster, and knocks players backwards .... I love those kind of lineman

As of Right now it appears Kalil LT Fusco LG Sullivan C Clemmings RG Loadholt RT

I'm guessing Asiata or Line will be FB if we have one in the game....
Don't forget about Yankey or Tyrus in the mix. I think Berger could step right in to RG and play well, but the coaches may think he is too valuable as a versatile backup to tie him up there.