Matt Kalil

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Matt Kalil

Post by chicagopurple »

Offensive line is probably the easiest position to draft. It will be inexcusable if the vikes dont replace at keast 3 of our current failures. They may not hit 3 homeruns with their picks/trades but at the bery least it should cause some improvement. The current line is a total fail.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

chicagopurple wrote:Offensive line is probably the easiest position to draft. It will be inexcusable if the vikes dont replace at keast 3 of our current failures.
Then get ready for the inexcusable because I don't think there's any way you're going to see 3 new starters on the Vikings o-line next season unless injuries force their hand.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Mothman wrote: Then get ready for the inexcusable because I don't think there's any way you're going to see 3 new starters on the Vikings o-line next season unless injuries force their hand.

I agree. And why on earth do we need 3 new starters?? From Sully to the right is completely fine. It's LG and LT that are our weak spots.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

i disagree. If the other side of the line was just fine we should have a better run game. We have had nothing but an anemic run attack. In a year where the passing game was expected to lag due to the unanticipated need for a rookie to learn on the fly, the coaches would love to rely more on a ground game but we have been unable to do so.I don't think the RBs are the problem. The vast majority of the time we even try to run, the holes arent there. AP was an anamoly since he could create openings in a brick wall all by himself. He masked the fact that we had poor run blocking.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

chicagopurple wrote:i disagree. If the other side of the line was just fine we should have a better run game. We have had nothing but an anemic run attack. In a year where the passing game was expected to lag due to the unanticipated need for a rookie to learn on the fly, the coaches would love to rely more on a ground game but we have been unable to do so.I don't think the RBs are the problem. The vast majority of the time we even try to run, the holes arent there. AP was an anamoly since he could create openings in a brick wall all by himself. He masked the fact that we had poor run blocking.
What are you even talking about?? Phil is the best run blocker on the offensive line and Fusco has been hurt all year so who on earth do you think we're going to replace?? Sully?? The most reliable lineman we have?? Our rushing offense is #13 in the league right now and that is without a legitimate starter like AP so I'm not sure where you're going with this.

You also say "replace 3 of our current failures". What 3 are you even talking about?? Kalil, Johnson, and......??
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

johnson was a free agent pick up from the Colts I believe

Kalil was a very high pick .. 6th overall ?

loadholt I think was mid to late round first I believe ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

the "current line".....Sulley hasnt been around this season, obviously his performance isnt a part of this year. Loadholt is the only guy on the current line that seems untouchable.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Wish they'd just sign Incognito already. :smilevike:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Demi wrote:Wish they'd just sign Incognito already. :smilevike:
Yep, and sign Ray Rice. We'd be in the spotlight for another year. But the team would be better.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

chicagopurple wrote:the "current line".....Sulley hasnt been around this season, obviously his performance isnt a part of this year. Loadholt is the only guy on the current line that seems untouchable.
Um Sully has played the entire season. Fusco was the one that was out but was our best lineman the year before. Sully, Fusco and Loadholt are untouchable. No reason to replace them right now. Especially since Fusco just got an extension
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

jackal wrote:johnson was a free agent pick up from the Colts I believe

Kalil was a very high pick .. 6th overall ?

loadholt I think was mid to late round first I believe ...
Loadholt was a 2nd round pick but by no means is he a "failure" and Kalil was drafted 4th overall
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Yep, and sign Ray Rice. We'd be in the spotlight for another year. But the team would be better.
No way Rice would make this team better. He was on a rapid decline before he was suspended. I would take McKinnon or Banyard or even Tate before him
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
:D
Last edited by Purple bruise on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

chicagopurple wrote:the "current line".....Sulley hasnt been around this season, obviously his performance isnt a part of this year. Loadholt is the only guy on the current line that seems untouchable.
What are you talking about? Sullivan hasn't missed a game.

Fusco started the past 2 years, started this year until he got hurt, and will start when he gets healthy. He's not a new starter, he's a returning starter, just like Loadholt will be.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

DKSweets wrote:What are you talking about? Sullivan hasn't missed a game.

Fusco started the past 2 years, started this year until he got hurt, and will start when he gets healthy. He's not a new starter, he's a returning starter, just like Loadholt will be.
Yeah I said the same thing. This post had me lost
-Chazz Palminteri