Assistant Coaches:

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Assistant Coaches:

Post by dead_poet »

Giants announce they hired former #Vikings QB coach Craig Johnson as their RB coach. Clears the way for the other half of the Turner regime.
@GoesslingESPN on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Bill Musgrave hired as the Eagles QB coach.
QB Guru. We need this guy to work with Ponder! Maybe he can still be a starter in this league!
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Bill Musgrave hired as the Eagles QB coach.
Nick Foles career is about to go south now.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Vikings hire Jerry Gray as secondary coach
Jerry Gray is heading to Minnesota.

Gray, who has spent the last three seasons as the Titans’ defensive coordinator, will now be the Vikings’ secondary coach, according to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ary-coach/

Counting Zimmer, that's at least three former DCs who will be on the Vikings' coaching staff. :shock:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

• A source confirmed Wednesday that Vikings offensive line coach Jeff Davidson is likely to remain on Zimmer’s staff.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 79921.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I am fine with this. Davidson did good work in 2012, but 2013 was a bad year for him. I just hope he can get Matt going again.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This may have been covered in another thread already but there are numerous reports that Norv Turner's son, Scott, has participated in interviews the Vikings conducted with QBs at the Senior Bowl. He is expected to be the Vikings QB coach. That's a position he has never held, although he's a former QB so he has experience playing the position.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

After Vikings hired former Steelers RB coach Kirby Wilson, Steelers now have hired former Vikings RB coach James Saxon. RB coach swap.
Adam Schefter on Twitter
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

A source said Friday the Vikings coach is expected to finalize a deal with Robb Akey early next week to become defensive line coach. Akey, who was Idaho's head coach 2007-12, would replace Brendan Daly.
http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_25 ... hing-staff
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Eli wrote:Vikings hire Jerry Gray as secondary coach
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ary-coach/

Counting Zimmer, that's at least three former DCs who will be on the Vikings' coaching staff. :shock:
WOW. I don't know if that has ever happened before.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

NextQuestion wrote:lol Pagac is still here?
Not anymore, it looks like:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... red-pagac/
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

frosted21 wrote: Not anymore, it looks like:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... red-pagac/
Seeya Fred. That's good news. The Vikings need to start fresh across the board, although I would like them to retain Mike Priefer just to say #### you to Chris Kluwe.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Eli wrote:
Seeya Fred. That's good news. The Vikings need to start fresh across the board, although I would like them to retain Mike Priefer just to say #### you to Chris Kluwe.
Great reason. :roll:
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Mothman wrote:This may have been covered in another thread already but there are numerous reports that Norv Turner's son, Scott, has participated in interviews the Vikings conducted with QBs at the Senior Bowl. He is expected to be the Vikings QB coach. That's a position he has never held, although he's a former QB so he has experience playing the position.

I like Davidson staying on as the OL coach, but I don't like hearing this one at all. And I think Zimmer has done a heck of a job so far in putting together in what looks like a very good staff.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

From the leaks and rumors, it doesn't sound like anyone is staying on for sure. Did Pagac's "interview" go badly, or did he decide that he'd rather have a certain job next year with someone else than an uncertain one with the Vikings?