Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Vikes vs. Packers playoff predictions

Post by Cliff »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Vikings 8,905,647
Packers 2
Is it sad that my first reaction is to complain about that score because it implies GreenBay got a Safety? :lol:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Vikings 8,905,647
Packers 2
The Vikings have to score 1,272,235 Touchdowns and a Safety to achieve that score. With 3600 seconds in a football game, we'd need to score 353.4 (rounded up to the nearest 10th) touchdowns per second to achieve it. I just have a hard time believing we could get that....Safety. :gone:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

Can the Vikings win this game....absolutely, they allready proved that but will they :confused: In order to move on the two biggest issues IMO will be Ponder playing mistake free and more importantly we will need a much improved effort from the defense. Right now the biggest issue confronting them is what they are going to do if Winfield cant play and who will fill his spot at corner. If Sherills and Jefferson are the only options we have then it will be a looooong day. If the D line does not get constant pressure on Rogers, he will pick on those 2 and tear them apart.

I am not in any way giving up hope for a win but Win or lose next week, this team has allready exceeded all expectations by making the playoffs this year. The franchise seems to be headed in the right direction and if we can fill a few more holes in the roster with another solid draft there is no reason why we cant take another step forward next year.

That being said.....I hope they kick the crap out of the Pack next week.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Given that the Vikings are in the playoffs and exceeded all expectations, I won't be too disappointed if they lose, but it still depends on HOW they lose.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Orion wrote:Given that the Vikings are in the playoffs and exceeded all expectations, I won't be too disappointed if they lose, but it still depends on HOW they lose.
That's the key. I'd rather have us lose by 17 than lose at the last second.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Vikings 31
Packers 17

AD rushes for 299 in the snow and the D will do enough to contain AR.

and then...

Vikings 30
Dirty Birds 27
(OT) with a Blair Walsh 55 yarder after the Vikings D holds on 1st possession

and then

Vikings 17
Redskins 10
Vikings D holds in final seconds as Alfred Morris drops a would be first down catch on the Vikings 1 yd line

and FINALLY

Vikings 24
Broncos 17

In what SHOULD have been the matchup in 1998/9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!
VltrophyXLV
Practice Squad

Post by VltrophyXLV »

U are SO dreaming if u think the Vikings are going to the SB. Every SB u guys have been to which is 4 or 5 u guys have lost everyone
Dark
Transition Player

Post by Dark »

VltrophyXLV wrote:U are SO dreaming if u think the Vikings are going to the SB. Every SB u guys have been to which is 4 or 5 u guys have lost everyone
Please get off this board. You are obviously just a little 13 year old that wants to piss us off. I think you have done so, now leave.
ADMVP & CCHOF
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

VltrophyXLV wrote:U are SO dreaming if u think the Vikings are going to the SB. Every SB u guys have been to which is 4 or 5 u guys have lost everyone
I'm done with you. You said you came here to talk football but all I see is trash talk. You don't even have the decency to own up that your prediction was way off this week.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :ban:
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Cliff wrote: Is it sad that my first reaction is to complain about that score because it implies GreenBay got a Safety? :lol:

That safety was from the Vikes choosing to basically run out the back end of the endzone to run the clock out :clap:
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

21 posts. That your age or IQ?
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Orion wrote:Given that the Vikings are in the playoffs and exceeded all expectations, I won't be too disappointed if they lose, but it still depends on HOW they lose.

With you on this. It has also been one of the most satisfying seasons in quite some time. If we were meeting most anyone else in rnd one, I wouldn't be all that up for it. But the chance to beat the Pack back-to-back like this and ruin their SB hopes is too much to pass up on.

-- Bud Grant
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Just Me wrote: The Vikings have to score 1,272,235 Touchdowns and a Safety to achieve that score. With 3600 seconds in a football game, we'd need to score 353.4 (rounded up to the nearest 10th) touchdowns per second to achieve it. I just have a hard time believing we could get that....Safety. :gone:

Ban all non believers. :govikes:

-- Bud Grant
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

VikingPaul73 wrote:Vikings 31
Packers 17

AD rushes for 299 in the snow and the D will do enough to contain AR.

and then...

Vikings 30
Dirty Birds 27
(OT) with a Blair Walsh 55 yarder after the Vikings D holds on 1st possession

and then

Vikings 17
Redskins 10
Vikings D holds in final seconds as Alfred Morris drops a would be first down catch on the Vikings 1 yd line

and FINALLY

Vikings 24
Broncos 17

In what SHOULD have been the matchup in 1998/9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!
The only thing I disagree with is that we will play Seattle in the NFCC not Washington. And my version of the scores is different. But I too believe we can make it to the big game.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

33-27 Packers (

On the road, in the middle of winter, in GB, with the Refs doing everything they can to secure a GB win, may prove to be too much, even for th best RB i have ever seen.