2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: 2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm not for or against Devante Parker. If he's BPA, take him.

The way I look at it is this: in 2010, the Packers had Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Jermichael Finley catching passes. What did they do in the 2011 draft? They draft Randall Cobb. If you want a successful passing game, you add talented receivers.

If there is a better value at 11 than Parker, I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to select him, but our WRs aren't so good that they are locked in.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

DK Sweets wrote:I'm not for or against Devante Parker. If he's BPA, take him.

The way I look at it is this: in 2010, the Packers had Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Jermichael Finley catching passes. What did they do in the 2011 draft? They draft Randall Cobb. If you want a successful passing game, you add talented receivers.

If there is a better value at 11 than Parker, I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to select him, but our WRs aren't so good that they are locked in.
I agree. BPA. This team is a year or two away to make a big push. Stock up on playmakers now. You never know, the Vikings may be picking late in the first round next year.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

DK Sweets wrote:I'm not for or against Devante Parker. If he's BPA, take him.

I think that too many fans have given up way to early on CP. I think that he and Kalil will turn their careers around and get back on track. That would solve a whole lot of problems with the O-line, only need would be left guard and CP will bolster a pretty formidable wide receive group (Wright, Wallace, Johnson, CP and throw in to the mix a healthy Rudolph in that receiving corp).
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

[quote throw in to the mix a healthy Rudolph in that receiving corp).[/quote]

What is that? What would that be like for this team ?
A healthy Rudolph ???? C'mon Man !
He is very talented and can be a difference maker, but when has he been healthy again?
I would love to see it, but I am not counting on him at all !!!
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

The pick is going to be Bud Dupree, book it, lock it up, mark it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

frosted wrote:The pick is going to be Bud Dupree, book it, lock it up, mark it down.
:o He checks the boxes. Fast, raw, explosive. He's not a complete guy, though, and needs work. His upside is intriguing. It's fair to point this out:

Mike Renner reports that Pro Football Focus uncovered "red flags" when digging into Kentucky edge rusher Bud Dupree's stats and film.

"The most meaningful one is that only three of his 36 pressures came against tackles with positive pass-blocking grades for the season," he wrote. "While he posted an overall respectable pass-rushing productivity mark of 9.8, that number dropped to 7.1 against SEC competition. A third of those pressures against SEC competition came versus Missouri's right tackle, Taylor Chappell, who had the second-worst pass-blocking grade in the country." Renner added that Dupree didn't generate even one pressure off of a bull rush in 2014. "Those stats paint the picture of a player who feasted on weak competition and then put up impressive workout numbers, rather than a complete pass-rusher," he wrote.
Source: ESPN.com
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I think we go BPA too. We have a lot of needs, Parker would solidify the WR corp. The only pick that would suprise me would be a LB. I hope Cole and Co. have been practicing at the mike spot.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

If they go ILB it will not be day 1. There is no Khalil Mack in this draft.

I still think it will be CB or OL if they do not trade down. This is a tough draft to predict, that is about the only certainty. Should be an interesting evening. Vikings are in a good spot to trade down to a team that believes there is a big drop from the top 10-15 vs. the rest of the 1st round, especially if there is a run on a specific position that keeps higher rated talent available at their spot.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The eagles are interested in trading several players for picks Kendricks ILB and others
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Reasonable level of luck to you guys tonight! Waaayy to long until my team is on the board though, hope there us enough beasty players to go around.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:Reasonable level of luck to you guys tonight! Waaayy to long until my team is on the board though, hope there us enough beasty players to go around.
Thanks! I wish you and... that team you like a reasonable amount of luck as well. :)

Enjoy the draft!
KSViking
Veteran

Post by KSViking »

Mothman wrote: Thanks! I wish you and... that team you like a reasonable amount of luck as well. :)

Enjoy the draft!
LOL, you can't even say the P word without disdain!

Jim for President 2016
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

KSViking wrote:LOL, you can't even say the P word without disdain!

Jim for President 2016
:lol: I just couldn't bring myself to type it. :)
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: :lol: I just couldn't bring myself to type it. :)
Dont hold back, you know you wanted to say the Pukers. :rofl:

Seriously you guys, that one always gets me. :lol:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Vikings28
Starter

Post by Vikings28 »

Michael Floyd apparently available.....
The Cardinals are exercising their 2016 option on wide receiver Michael Floyd’s contract, but they’re reportedly open to letting another team decide where things go with Floyd from there.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports that the team “will listen” to trade offers for the wideout if any team is interested. As of now, however, no team has made such an inquiry about the possibility of acquiring the 2012 first-round pick.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ael-floyd/

Born in Minnesota and then went to Notre Dame? Rick might not be able to help himself.