2019 Roster Moves and Transactions Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2019 Roster Moves and Transactions Thread

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Alaskan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:10 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Well I see all the new stuff about Diggs and saw his presser today, and also watched Stefanskis.
Went from so much promise s few years ago to this crap.
I really am at odds on what to believe and what to even post. I never dreamed a few years ago it would be like this now. Hope is now fading faster than before.
And to to make matters even worse , it's that time of year for the activity I love most.. bowhunting deer here in Ohio, and I have nerve damage in my elbow and thumb and carpal tunnel in my right arm, my drawing arm. I have a nerve test on the 15th and then see the surgeon on the 16th to schedule surgery. He is afraid he will be cutting into both the hand and elbow. But either way I can't get out. Shot all yr long as usual and then 1 wk before opening day something popped in the elbow. I was waiting till after my tags were filled to make the appt. Hoping he only has to do hand and I can heal up and still hunt late season and fill the tags.
So life sucks right now. Cant hunt and the Vikings are a debacle. Was so pumped up for Fall for my 2 biggest passions outside of family, and cant enjoy either.
Hang in there buddy. Things will come around. They always do. The media is blowing this thing out of proportion again like they always do it seems. It’s all about ratings. Hopefully Diggs and these young guys learn from this. Hopefully someone is mentoring them through this and helping them understand what it means to be a leader. Most of These kids are mid twenties and really don’t know much about anything. They will make mistakes and learn how to be men. We have all been there in one way or another.

As to the hunting have u looked into using a crossbow until u get mended up? Not the same at the compound bow but it would get you back in the woods enjoying those elements of the hunt. Just a thought
Thanks man I appreciate that. I know how the media blows everything up, but it just seems like the situation gets worse by the day.
It's funny u brought up the crossbow. My surgeon did too. He is in Indiana. He said he understood cuz he and his bro in law bowhunt. He started talking about diff brands of crossbows etc. He just stopped then, and said " I can tell by the look on ur face your not feeling that are ya" I laughed and shook my head. He said my brother in law is exactly the same way.
I explained that all 42 deer I've taken .. 2 are miles from the San Juan mts in Colorado.. were all taken by recurve or compound. I bought a crossbow prob 30 years ago when PSE started making the compound ones. It was a Firefox. I actually took it out to hunt . I had a shot at a very respectable 9 or. He had a main frame 8 with a long crab claw brow tine. Buddy I had the pin on him at about 12 yards... and I just couldn't pull the trigger. I sold it the next week. I just love the challenge of having to draw and not get busted. It's the challenge of it all for me. Over the past 5 or 6 years I've gotten into more stalking and ground hunting and less treestand. I still sit in stands alot too, but I also love stalking corn fields, and the woods on windier days. And when I ground hunt it's not in a pop up blind. I just hunker down behind a tree or some brush. Its definitely the most exciting of all. 3 years ago I was getting ready to get up in a ladder stand and saw a bunch of deer heading my way, it was in December and had snowed. So I just backed up behind the tree, and watched 14 coming right to me. I still had a doe tag to fill, and I had watched these deer before. The one doe was an older one with a scar across white scar around one whole side of her neck and had a very bad limp. . My buddy and I named her Pearl, like she had a necklace. I knew she was an older doe and dry ( she hadn't had fawns in 2 seasons). She was a smart old gal though. She had busted both of us at one time or another. She was the perfect doe to take out of the population, and it was really a rush taking her at 8 yrds from the ground. I had a floor rug made of her for the respect I shared for her.
I'm not condemning a crossbow please don't get me wrong. Where I live there is 2 diff shotgun seasons and a muzzle loader season. It's all flat with small wood lots and creeks and fence rows. You cant imagine the crap that goes on during those weeks. Its sickening. Road hunters chasing deer from section to section till their tongues are hanging out and just jumping out and shooting them. Pushing woods a d surrounding in with guys and basically just th throwing lead at anything brown. Guys trespass, shoot deer then when they get to them and they are small they will cut the backstraps out and leave the rest behind. I hate it with a passion. I dont condemn the guys who really go out and sit and hunt with a gun. It ain't for me, but if they do it legal and fair , but the other stuff just gets my blood boiling. That's why I am so hardcore on bowhunting. If I get to a point that the crossbow is my only option then I will. I'm holding put faith I will be able to get out in winter. Right now I'm going out some evenings and just sitting near my buddy to film him making a shot. We have a cooler we built that we can hang 3 deer in and we do all of out own butchering. So it's a big part of my life.
Man sorry, got caught up talking hunting in a football thread.
Sorry all you guys and to the mods. Didnt mean to do that. Maybe some of u who hunt will enjoy the distraction from the Vikings drama
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!