8-1

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 8-1

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Every NFL team is tough to beat. The fact that they went toe to toe with the Bills speaks volumes. Have they had some luck? Sure. However, you don't get to 8-1 without being a good team as well. Let's see how they play the Cowboys.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:22 am Every NFL team is tough to beat. The fact that they went toe to toe with the Bills speaks volumes. Have they had some luck? Sure. However, you don't get to 8-1 without being a good team as well. Let's see how they play the Cowboys.
The old saying is that "luck is when preparation meets opportunity". That describes the Vikings this year. Every team that goes on a magical run has to have some luck and be prepared to capitalize on it. I still hate the Cowboys for that push off Drew Pearson play in the 70's. That one ripped my heart out and it took a while to recover as I thought that was a best team of the Bud Grant era.

I hope our luck continues and we take over for Philly as the number one seed. Philly is the most hostile crowd in the NFL and I think that game would have ended differently at home a bit later in the season after Vikings started to fully grasp these new systems. The Eagles aren't invincible, they could drop a couple more but then again so could the Vikes. Tighten your belts, it's going to be a wild ride.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:03 am And just like that, the evil Philadelphia Eagles have lost to the Washington Commanders.

Put another way, the haters say the Vikings have beaten backup quarterbacks. Meanwhile, Philly just lost to a backup quarterback. At home. To a 4-5 team.

Your Minnesota Vikings are now tied for the best record in the entire NFL. Eat sh!t, haters!
Many were calling the WFT garbage but they can play very good D. That DL they have is top shelf and they hit hard. They have nothing at QB which takes them out of the running. The Eagles are good but I don't see them as storming through. Hurts will have some bad outings. When your at home winning is a must have. They fell apart.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:00 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:03 am And just like that, the evil Philadelphia Eagles have lost to the Washington Commanders.

Put another way, the haters say the Vikings have beaten backup quarterbacks. Meanwhile, Philly just lost to a backup quarterback. At home. To a 4-5 team.

Your Minnesota Vikings are now tied for the best record in the entire NFL. Eat sh!t, haters!
Who are the haters you keep fuming about? What is a hater? Someone that will criticize something about the Vikings? Someone who isnt as enthusiastic as you are when the Vikings win? Just enjoy the win and dont worry what a few others think. They have just as much right to post here as you do.
Not talking about here.

Thanks, but I've got a handle on my life.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.