Vikings Combine 101

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Combine 101

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

chicagopurple wrote:Don't we already have that in Rudolph??
Have what in Rudolph?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

a strong guy with good hands to make plays across the middle.......
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

chicagopurple wrote:wont make any difference if we dont have an O Line.......we would need to draft guys who specialize in meaningless 2 yrd passes.
I agree.....we will most definitely address the OL and defense first. I would be absolutely shocked (and P!ssed) if they picked a WR in the first few rounds. We need OL, LB, S or CB before looking for a WR. With the depth of DL (in the draft) I would not be surprised to see a pick used there as well....before a receiver. Of course what we do in FA could change some of this.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

jackal wrote:Fuller is much faster and seems to
Have a better burst than Doctson.

Fuller highlights look a little cleaner
to me. Some people are comparing
Fuller to Desean Jackson. In speed
yes but I think is more complete player

Instead of Doctson I would pick up Duarte
WR/TE from UCLA probably third round
the experts are comparing him to Reed TE from
Redskins
You think Fuller is a more complete player than DeSean Jackson?

Jackson has been a 1st team all-pro, a 3-time pro-bowler, and a 5-time NFC player of the week.

Rook hasn't played a down.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: You think Fuller is a more complete player than DeSean Jackson?

Jackson has been a 1st team all-pro, a 3-time pro-bowler, and a 5-time NFC player of the week.

Rook hasn't played a down.
I think he means more in an archetypical type of way, I think Jay Cutler was a more complete player then Brady when you compare them both as pre NFL prospects, but that doesn't nessicarily mean he ends up the better player, just that his initial skillset is more defined to begin with.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Jordysghost wrote: I think he means more in an archetypical type of way, I think Jay Cutler was a more complete player then Brady when you compare them both as pre NFL prospects, but that doesn't nessicarily mean he ends up the better player, just that his initial skillset is more defined to begin with.
Yeah, I get it. But any time we start talking like this about players, it amps up the hype.

If it were me, I'd say, "He's a DeSean Jackson type player with more [name the physical attribute]." That's less hyperbole than "a more complete player." YMMV.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm a big fan of Fuller as well, although not in the 1st round. The guy is a straight up playmaker and he does it in tough situations and in big games. He has a big route running tree including bubble screens and inside stuff so I don't think he's all straightline speed. His run blocking is also above average.

I was a big fan of Martavis Bryant in that year's receiver class and I think Fuller is equally being overlooked (albeit not quite as much unless he drops). He's a very solid 2nd round pick, maybe even a steal if he can work on the body catching.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Desean Jackson is kinda of a one trick pony in the vertical or go
Route. He catches a good deep ball. I think Fuller runs a better
Route tree from Videos I have seen. Its tough to say college
and Pros are different worlds.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

If both Treadwell and Doctson are there at 23, I hope they go with Doctson. I like his skillset so much more than Treadwells, he reminds me of a Fitzgerald. Doesn't have barnburner speed but he just has "it". I mean young fitz was fast, but he's not breaking records. His thing is being a bully.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

S197 wrote:I'm a big fan of Fuller as well, although not in the 1st round. The guy is a straight up playmaker and he does it in tough situations and in big games. He has a big route running tree including bubble screens and inside stuff so I don't think he's all straightline speed. His run blocking is also above average.

I was a big fan of Martavis Bryant in that year's receiver class and I think Fuller is equally being overlooked (albeit not quite as much unless he drops). He's a very solid 2nd round pick, maybe even a steal if he can work on the body catching.

Do you think Fuller will be around for the Vikings in R2? Or would they have to trade up?

I really want the Vikings to grab an offensive lineman in R1, if possible.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

losperros wrote:
Do you think Fuller will be around for the Vikings in R2? Or would they have to trade up?

I really want the Vikings to grab an offensive lineman in R1, if possible.
I've seen some mocks where he goes early in round 2 but definitely a possibility he'll be around. There should be some good safeties still on the board too.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Im a big Thomas guy, then I see Doctson and think he might be better.
Same with Zek and Henry. Wish I didnt hate OSU so much.