Super Bowl Pick4!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Super Bowl Pick4!

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Oh some will defend him, but I agree. It should cost him his job. Pete Carroll actually did a good job accepting some of the blame, but we all know who calls the plays. He tried to get too cute and cost his team the Super Bowl. What is with these teams losing games Viking Style this post-season (Baltimore losing to NE, GB losing to SEA, SEA losing to NE)? My goodness.
I just don't understand how someone can possibly be so dumb. You have hands-down the hardest running RB in the game on the 1 yard line. I run him everytime including on a 4th and goal. If he doesn't get in, so be it, you didn't deserve to win it. However, I can just about guarantee, Lynch would have walked his way into that endzone. Bevel needs to be fired
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I just don't understand how someone can possibly be so dumb. You have hands-down the hardest running RB in the game on the 1 yard line. I run him everytime including on a 4th and goal. If he doesn't get in, so be it, you didn't deserve to win it. However, I can just about guarantee, Lynch would have walked his way into that endzone. Bevel needs to be fired
Firing him seems like a retaliatory gesture to me and frankly, it's a reaction to mistakes that has become all too common. Unless they feel the players simply won't be able to work with him effectively going forward or something, I see no need to fire him. He's been their OC while they've reached, and nearly won, back-to-back Super Bowls. If they're happy with his overall performance, he shouldn't be fired for one bad call, especially because it sounds like Pete Carroll didn't have a problem with the decision and he was in a position to change the call if he did have a problem with it.

That said, I still think it was an awful decision.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I couldn't agree more with Jim's post. Let's not get too reactionary here.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I just don't understand how someone can possibly be so dumb. You have hands-down the hardest running RB in the game on the 1 yard line. I run him everytime including on a 4th and goal. If he doesn't get in, so be it, you didn't deserve to win it. However, I can just about guarantee, Lynch would have walked his way into that endzone. Bevel needs to be fired
Heard on ESPN this morning, the Seahawks ran Marshawn from the 1 yd line 5 times this year. He scored once.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

DKSweets wrote:I couldn't agree more with Jim's post. Let's not get too reactionary here.
Well I shouldn't say they should fire him but my goodness was that bad
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Well I shouldn't say they should fire him but my goodness was that bad

Idk, I still stand by my thought of firing him... if I screwed up that badly and blatently in my job I would probably be fired. YMMV.

And if you are going to pass it, why do it from shotgun? At least make it look like you will run it.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Worst call I can remember in a SB, with the game literally on the line with seconds to go. I like Wilson, but he didn't throw that ball when he should have. On a slant, into coverage (the D thinking Lynch would be running) timing has to be perfect, or throw it away. Wilson timing was off. I cant help but think, Brady makes that pass and Bevell and Carrol would be heroes, instead of looking like fools. Still, the dumbest thing Ive seen in football. Including Tahi and good ole Childress having 12 men on the field.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

http://www.unscriptd.com/stories/1529-a ... media-day/

She is easily the best looking sports/super bowl broadcaster I have ever seen :shock: :shock: This is a must watch. I think I am in love boys!! :banana:
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

She is beautiful. But if I had a choice between her and Erin Andrews (which, of course I don't) Erin would win. Its kind of like watching all these cable news reporters and weatherwomen. Wow.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Congratulations to Barry for winning this year's Super Bowl Pick4!