Anyone going to the game this week?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Anyone going to the game this week?

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Wow, those are awe inspiring aernt they.
Yes, "awe-inspiring' describes them perfectly. This is the second time I've seen one in person. They're incredible.
LA Viking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by LA Viking »

Yeah, that's sad when the best part of the game isn't the game itself.

Anyways, not sure where you sit, or if this is standard for Soldier Field/Chicagoans, but ALL GAME people were constantly going up and down the aisles, and stopping right on the edge - in front of everyone's view right during the play. It's like they would wait right until the play was about to start and then go. Are they dicks on purpose, or do they just not know how to watch a football game/football etiquette?

:steamed:
The difference between men is not lack of strength, not lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

To: Jim

Message: Stop going to the games when the Vikings come to town. Clearly you are the reason for the ineptitude. That, and an old man like yourself shouln't be out in the cold that long, you could get pneumonia.

:gone:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

LA Viking wrote:Yeah, that's sad when the best part of the game isn't the game itself.

Anyways, not sure where you sit, or if this is standard for Soldier Field/Chicagoans, but ALL GAME people were constantly going up and down the aisles, and stopping right on the edge - in front of everyone's view right during the play. It's like they would wait right until the play was about to start and then go. Are they dicks on purpose, or do they just not know how to watch a football game/football etiquette?

:steamed:
I don't think anybody is doing that on purpose. I went through that experience once and now I sit to the left of an aisle and far enough in to avoid that problem. It is frustrating!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:To: Jim

Message: Stop going to the games when the Vikings come to town. Clearly you are the reason for the ineptitude. That, and an old man like yourself shouln't be out in the cold that long, you could get pneumonia.:
I'm not that old.

I'm also not the reason for the ineptitude. They've lost games at Soldier Field when I wasn't in attendance too. They're just a bad road team.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: I'm not that old.

I'm also not the reason for the ineptitude. They've lost games at Soldier Field when I wasn't in attendance too. They're just a bad road team.
Just teasing you :-)

Were you there in '07 when they last won there?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Just teasing you :-)

Were you there in '07 when they last won there?
Yes, and I saw them win there in the '90s too (thankfully). I think that 2007 win might be their only win at Soldier Field in this century. How sad is that?