Young Theodore Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

maembe
Franchise Player

Re: 21 Year Old Ted Bridgewater

Post by maembe »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: He has??
Yes, he had been really bad. Did you watch the games?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

maembe wrote: Yes, he had been really bad. Did you watch the games?
uh yeah. I would not say he's been playing "really bad". He's been a game manager. He's not lighting the world on fire but he's not killing his team either. Saying he's been "really bad" is an overreaction IMO
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Second week in a row with zero turnovers. That in and of itself is the most important thing to me. Teddy looked like a rookie today at times, but he also showed veteran ability when it counted. Obviously, it was frustrating to see the misfire on those deep passes, but I know that will come in time. Teddy is going to be a great QB. He just has to continue to grow and learn. He will still have his rookie mistakes. However, there is no doubt in my mind that we have found our QB of the future.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

maembe wrote: On a side note, I couldn't really tell about that one to Patterson. Was it a bad throw or did Patterson lose it in the sun? It looked like he was right there and didn't even try for it: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/2/7 ... -patterson
Looking at the replay again, it really looks like this one was on Patterson. He pulls up and then it lands right in front of him.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: There it is.

Haven't had a QB with killer instinct since Favre, and that only lasted a year. At 21 years old, Teddy's gonna give us a lot more than one year.
That, to me has been obvious since preseason. In his first 4 regular season games I think he has alreaxy matched Culpepper for late game come from behind wins in Culps career
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

My lord, people complaining about Teddy after that comeback? No turnovers? A beautiful TD throw? He started out a little rough, deep balls needs a little work, but he is progressing.

Maybe we should have drafted one of the torn ACL Qbs, like Murray. Yeah, that's the ticket.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Second week in a row with zero turnovers. That in and of itself is the most important thing to me. Teddy looked like a rookie today at times, but he also showed veteran ability when it counted. Obviously, it was frustrating to see the misfire on those deep passes, but I know that will come in time. Teddy is going to be a great QB. He just has to continue to grow and learn. He will still have his rookie mistakes. However, there is no doubt in my mind that we have found our QB of the future.
What in the h e double hokey sticks are you doin interjecting reason into this conversation? .
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:My lord, people complaining about Teddy after that comeback? No turnovers? A beautiful TD throw? He started out a little rough, deep balls needs a little work, but he is progressing.

Maybe we should have drafted one of the torn ACL Qbs, like Murray. Yeah, that's the ticket.
I know we don't agree on much but this is exactly what I'm saying. My god. It's like people expect him to light the world on fire as a 21 year old QB making his 5th start. He's making very good gains and thats all that matters at this point. I remember in the offseason when I had it out with Demi because he thought Murray was worth a 2nd round pick :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Demi wrote: If he had the deep ball we wouldn't be worrying about what he does late in the game. Completions on those and we're talking 10+ points in each of these last two games.

Remember, the talk when he dropped was about his horrible pro day, especially accuracy on the deep throws. Thought I saw some bad throws from Ponder. He's missed about a half dozen wide open receivers down field these last two games. :(

Hopefully he figures it out, but it's hardly a given, just look at his backup.
Ponder always struggled with the second level throws along with his deep throws. Teddy looks to be pretty good at those. I remember reading somewhere that the second level (10-20 yard) throws are actually the hardest for a QB because they take accuracy, strength, and the ability to read a defense so I think that's a pretty good sign.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: And he should have been 4-1
And he also could have been 2-3 if the Tampa Bay defender had held on to the pick he should have had late in the game.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Purple Reign wrote: And he also could have been 2-3 if the Tampa Bay defender had held on to the pick he should have had late in the game.
but as Teddy said, with a grin and a chuckle, "that's why they play defense".
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

maembe wrote: Looking at the replay again, it really looks like this one was on Patterson. He pulls up and then it lands right in front of him.

Looks to me as if the ball is clearly overthrown. Too bad. Patterson was wide open.

But Teddy will get that down. It just takes reps and game day experience.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I know we don't agree on much but this is exactly what I'm saying. My god. It's like people expect him to light the world on fire as a 21 year old QB making his 5th start. He's making very good gains and thats all that matters at this point. I remember in the offseason when I had it out with Demi because he thought Murray was worth a 2nd round pick :lol:
Yeah, that's why I brought up the Murray pick. I don't even know where he ended up, I know Zack is in TN, no idea how he is doing. I do know Teddy is getting better every game, and JFB is bench warming. A lot of the people complaining about Teddy, in the first few games of his rookie season, had no trouble with #7 have 2-3 years. Very odd.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'll say this; I'd rather have a rookie overthowing than underthrowing. The overthrow can be adjusted ... If he didn't have enough arm to make the throw that's a more difficult problem.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Yeah, that's why I brought up the Murray pick. I don't even know where he ended up, I know Zack is in TN, no idea how he is doing. I do know Teddy is getting better every game, and JFB is bench warming. A lot of the people complaining about Teddy, in the first few games of his rookie season, had no trouble with #7 have 2-3 years. Very odd.
Murray is currently the 3rd string QB in KC behind Chase Daniel :shock:
-Chazz Palminteri