fantasy football

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Iron Man Favre
All Pro Elite Player

Re: fantasy football

Post by Iron Man Favre »

I think the people who invented Fantasy baseball should go to the hall of fame. :bowdown:
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

zamboni14 wrote: if there is one thing I have learned about FF... it's not how your team does in the regular season, but that you don't have a "letdown" game in the playoffs. 3 times I have won championships in seasons I made the playoffs on the last game of the regular season (my best was going 1-6 and then running the table the rest of the way to a title.)
Yes it does seem the hot team come playoff time does win it all in Fantasy. But than again you could say that for the "Real" Football playoffs.
zamboni14
Backup

Post by zamboni14 »

NDVikeFan wrote: Yes it does seem the hot team come playoff time does win it all in Fantasy. But than again you could say that for the "Real" Football playoffs.
Oh absolutely, but the odds of a team making a run with a .500 record in real football is doubtful. I've done it 3 times in less then 10 years.

Side note; I might have just either made the deal of the century, or about to fall flat on my face. Traded Calvin Johnson and Michael Bush for Arian Foster.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

one only needs to look at our current vikes season to see the major appeal of fantasy sports. the vikes have given us very little to cheer about so far. and while their season isn't over...there is no denying it is in jeopardy. the beauty about fantasy is that when you go through season like this...you still have something to help salvage another football year. and while it certainly doesn't take away the pain of a poor vikings season...it is always nice to win your league championship and still come away with fun memories of an otherwise dissapointing season.
i'm ready for a beer.