Coaching search 2022 - Confirmed Interviews and Speculation

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Coaching search 2022 - Confirmed Interviews and Speculation

Post by Crax »

According to Tom Pellisero there are 3 finalists still in the running
Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell and 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans, while continuing to explore the possibility of hiring Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Crax wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:08 pm According to Tom Pellisero there are 3 finalists still in the running
Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell and 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans, while continuing to explore the possibility of hiring Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh
This sounds like they don’t have another interview yet with Harbaugh. I am not saying it is impossible they hire Harbaugh, but I think it is a long shot, and certainly not a done deal.

My guess is they pick DeMeco Ryans, but of course your guess is as good as mine.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

40for60 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:02 pm
Crax wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:08 pm According to Tom Pellisero there are 3 finalists still in the running
This sounds like they don’t have another interview yet with Harbaugh. I am not saying it is impossible they hire Harbaugh, but I think it is a long shot, and certainly not a done deal.

My guess is they pick DeMeco Ryans, but of course your guess is as good as mine.
Let’s not forget, Ryans and O’Connell were interviewed before KAM was hired. Harbaugh’s name never came up until after.

I don’t think it’s a long shot at all. Of course, that’s pure speculation.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

With 49ers losing, I think Ryans is going to be the new head coach
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:46 pm With 49ers losing, I think Ryans is going to be the new head coach
What does one have to do with the other?

The Vikings are going to go after whoever they think is the best candidate. They’re not going to say, “Ryans is available right now, so he’s our guy.” Plus, the Vikings met the deadline for initial interviews on the Rams’ coordinators, so it doesn’t matter that their teams are still playing.

Speaking of … NFL Network just reported that both Kevin O’Connell and Raheem Morris will be coming in for interviews this week. And multiple credible sources are reporting that Jim Harbaugh will also interview this week.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:17 amAnd multiple credible sources are reporting that Jim Harbaugh will also interview this week.
Supposedly, Harbaugh has already picked Miami over the Vikings, but how does that even make sense if he's still coming in for an interview. Sometimes you really have to wonder about "Sources", but I guess we'll see if Harbaugh comes in for an interview
Mark Carman
@thecarm
·
19h
Hearing from a reliable source Jim Harbaugh will tell the team today / tomorrow he is leaving to be the head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Could have taken the Minnesota job. Preferred Miami. ( outside chance Michigan pays over the top and he stays ) but bet on Miami.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Crax wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:01 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:17 amAnd multiple credible sources are reporting that Jim Harbaugh will also interview this week.
Supposedly, Harbaugh has already picked Miami over the Vikings, but how does that even make sense if he's still coming in for an interview. Sometimes you really have to wonder about "Sources", but I guess we'll see if Harbaugh comes in for an interview
Mark Carman
@thecarm
·
19h
Hearing from a reliable source Jim Harbaugh will tell the team today / tomorrow he is leaving to be the head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Could have taken the Minnesota job. Preferred Miami. ( outside chance Michigan pays over the top and he stays ) but bet on Miami.
No state income tax, no snow, less crazy wokery going on. I don't think many people would choose Minnesota over Miami, especially these days.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:07 am

No state income tax, no snow, less crazy wokery going on. I don't think many people would choose Minnesota over Miami, especially these days.
While it wouldn't surprise me, if he's coming in for an interview, he hasn't already chosen Miami, so either the sources saying he's already picked are wrong, or the sources saying he's coming for an interview are wrong. He very well may prefer Miami for those reasons, but Miami has been a tough place for coaches. You'd likely have a much longer leash in Minnesota to get your team how you want it.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Crax wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:10 am
fiestavike wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:07 am

While it wouldn't surprise me, if he's coming in for an interview, he hasn't already chosen Miami, so either the sources saying he's already picked are wrong, or the sources saying he's coming for an interview are wrong. He very well may prefer Miami for those reasons, but Miami has been a tough place for coaches. You'd likely have a much longer leash in Minnesota to get your team how you want it.
That's true, and those are all good points.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mark Carman
@thecarm
·
19h
If it were me, casting aside my Vikings bias, I’d choose Miami just because it’s Miami. I hate winter. Plus no state income tax.

As I said, Pro Football talk started the Vikings talk with an actual name, John Bacon, an author and close family friend of the Harbaughs. But until Harbaugh puts pen to paper, it’s all speculation. Somebody citing a “reliable source” is wrong.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:07 am ... less crazy wokery going on. I don't think many people would choose Minnesota over Miami, especially these days.
:roll:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
Just that Harbaugh and Adofo-Mensah chatted on Saturday. Wasn't a formal interview and a formal interview has not (yet) been scheduled. For now, the Vikings' search is focused on Kevin O'Connell, Raheem Morris, and DeMeco Ryans.

Also: I have read that the Vikings are flying to LA to interview these guys.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:46 am Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
Just that Harbaugh and Adofo-Mensah chatted on Saturday. Wasn't a formal interview and a formal interview has not (yet) been scheduled. For now, the Vikings' search is focused on Kevin O'Connell, Raheem Morris, and DeMeco Ryans.

Also: I have read that the Vikings are flying to LA to interview these guys.
I would not be excited about hiring the OC or DC from a team in the superbowl, as a general rule. It's just so lazy and obvious.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:40 am
fiestavike wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:07 am ... less crazy wokery going on. I don't think many people would choose Minnesota over Miami, especially these days.
:roll:
The Minneapolis city council voted to get rid of the police force and the city burned because of wokeness. That might not dissuade any of those guys from coming here, LA and SF are much worse, but let's not pretend Minneapolis doesn't have serious issues because of the looneys in charge there.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mark Carman
@thecarm
·
19h
He might be coming in for an interview to try to drive up his salary/benefits/whatever. If the Vikings offer him more than Miami he could take that deal back to them, for example.