2019 Roster Moves and Transactions Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2019 Roster Moves and Transactions Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:00 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:17 am

Sherels is far from a stiff but I will say, there is no player in the NFL more dangerous with the ball in his hands than Patterson.
Did you ever see Sherels play CB? I saw him once and he shouldn't be on the field at that position. However it's good that he is back. He helps in many ways with the special teams. It's always good to have a player like that. Concerning CP getting the ball in his hands is the problem. I'm sure he'll line up in multiple spots. Please don't take this as I'm saying he's a good player. But he can take it to the house once the ball is in his hands.
Oh no I agree with CP. And no Sherels isn’t a good CB by any means but I don’t know if he could be any worse than Meadors.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:56 pm
CharVike wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:00 pm
Did you ever see Sherels play CB? I saw him once and he shouldn't be on the field at that position. However it's good that he is back. He helps in many ways with the special teams. It's always good to have a player like that. Concerning CP getting the ball in his hands is the problem. I'm sure he'll line up in multiple spots. Please don't take this as I'm saying he's a good player. But he can take it to the house once the ball is in his hands.
Oh no I agree with CP. And no Sherels isn’t a good CB by any means but I don’t know if he could be any worse than Meadors.
Meadors is now gone. Vikes activate rookie WR Davion Davis off practice squad and release Meadors.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:27 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:56 pm

Meadors is now gone. Vikes activate rookie WR Davion Davis off practice squad and release Meadors.
Nice that’s probably a good thing
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

It appears as though Diggs might be getting traded.

I sure hope not.

Edit: Maybe not...but lots of smoke...

https://twitter.com/NBCSBoston/status/1 ... 05122?s=20
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm It appears as though Diggs might be getting traded.

I sure hope not.

This is not funny.

I realize it's probably all B.S., but it's most decidedly not funny.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I really hope they don't trade Diggs.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm It appears as though Diggs might be getting traded.

I sure hope not.

This is a disturbing rumor.

What if he is asking for a trade? He’s been acting a bit like a diva from my view. Obviously something is going on. News like this usually isn’t totally baseless. My hope is the team can manage this situation without a trade, but, if they can’t, trade him.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Alaskan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:18 pm

I sure hope not.

What if he is asking for a trade? He’s been acting a bit like a diva from my view. Obviously something is going on. News like this usually isn’t totally baseless. My hope is the team can manage this situation without a trade, but, if they can’t, trade him.
Disagree.

He's left the past couple weeks' worth of games and practices without answering questions. That's the opposite of a diva. Think Antonio Brown or OBJ would keep their mouths shut if they were dissatisfied with their touches? Not a chance. They'd be yapping in the press and on social media. Diggs is frustrated, but he's handling it like a pro. If he's asking for a trade, it's behind the scenes.

And let's be honest ... he and the rest of the Vikings are frustrated with both Cousins and the offense. It's impossible to blame them.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 pm

Disagree.

He's left the past couple weeks' worth of games and practices without answering questions. That's the opposite of a diva. Think Antonio Brown or OBJ would keep their mouths shut if they were dissatisfied with their touches? Not a chance. They'd be yapping in the press and on social media. Diggs is frustrated, but he's handling it like a pro. If he's asking for a trade, it's behind the scenes.

And let's be honest ... he and the rest of the Vikings are frustrated with both Cousins and the offense. It's impossible to blame them.
I saw the report.. aka rumor.. about a tweet where it was brought up the Patriots wanted to trade for Diggs and he responded with a smiley face.
I'm gonna agree that the teammates seem to be getting frustrated. Sorry but IMHO Thielen is as classy and as much as a team guy as u get. And for him to be so pissed that he made the comments he did, al beit right after the game when tensions are high, he still uncharacteristically said them.
And I also agree Diggsy is handling it correctly. He isnt in front of the camera spouting off making it all about him. He is doing the opposite. Walking away and NOT starting trouble.
I believe these guys know they have all the weapons around their QB ... sans an O line.. to win games . And their EXPENSIVE QB isnt herring his part done. Plain and simple. And its simmering.
These guys work their butts off and wanna win games. And THEY are seeing the liability hindering that.
And every week Cousins says all the right things after the game and in his monday pressers and his pod cast. That's great. But until he translates the apologies and I need to do better mantra to the field.... well... this boil is gonna continue to fester I'm afraid.
I hope it gets turned around. I hope Kirk starts saying screw the pressue.. screw Zim... screw the contract..screw us fans... and starts just throwing the ball again and let's his stars do their jobs. I mean the made Case look great alot of times, the can do it with Kirk's skill set, if he would just unleash it.
Whatever it takes man. I want to watch us win every wk.
I haven't paid for Sunday NFL Ticket every season since its 1st season for this crap lol
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Disagree.

I understand what your saying and I agree with you to some degree. I don’t blame him for being frustrated. He should be. I wish he’d just answer the media’s questions. Stonewalling raises questions; hence the trade rumors. I feel it’s part of his job as a leader on this team to take ownership in good times and in bad. If he was handling it like a pro he would be handling it similar to Adam Theilen IMO. I am not trying to imply he’s a diva at the level of an AB or OJB, those are extreme examples of divas, but I don’t think his tweets and stonewalling are called for and as a fan I would consider that diva-Ish. Has he requested a trade? Who knows..... But, his actions have at a minimum started a rumor. That’s not handling it like a pro in my eyes. That is the last thing this team needs. Diggs is a hell of a player. He needs more touches no question. That being said, if he wants a trade I would give him one if they get the value they want for him. That goes for any Viking.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Alaskan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:22 am
Disagree.

I understand what your saying and I agree with you to some degree. I don’t blame him for being frustrated. He should be. I wish he’d just answer the media’s questions. Stonewalling raises questions; hence the trade rumors. I feel it’s part of his job as a leader on this team to take ownership in good times and in bad. If he was handling it like a pro he would be handling it similar to Adam Theilen IMO. I am not trying to imply he’s a diva at the level of an AB or OJB, those are extreme examples of divas, but I don’t think his tweets and stonewalling are called for and as a fan I would consider that diva-Ish. Has he requested a trade? Who knows..... But, his actions have at a minimum started a rumor. That’s not handling it like a pro in my eyes. That is the last thing this team needs. Diggs is a hell of a player. He needs more touches no question. That being said, if he wants a trade I would give him one if they get the value they want for him. That goes for any Viking.
Fo over to PFT . They have a new article about this. It is Titled Vikings have No Intentions of Trading Stefon Diggs.
To paraphrase the first few sentences , it says in 2013 the Vikings had no intention on trading Percy Harvin. In 2019 the Vikings have no intention of trading Diggs.
Then they talk about his frustration and how they could get multiple picks to trade him etc.
Sucks to me we are in a great position having 2 WRs of with the talent and big play ability on this roster, as well as other O weapons, and a high priced supposed franchise QB that was to lead us to the promised land has turned into this sort of debacle.
As I said before, I was a Cousins supporter and really did believe in him. Unfortunately that belief has waned dramatically. Still holding out hope.. I truly am. But I am starting to believe i am fooling myself and preparing myself for more of a met down.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Disagree.

I get it.

I'm just happy he's not going in front of the media and making a fool out of himself. Diggs is a good guy and a hard worker. If his way of dealing with this right now is to not talk, I'm OK with that. Your mileage may vary. It's all good.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:54 am

Fo over to PFT . They have a new article about this. It is Titled Vikings have No Intentions of Trading Stefon Diggs.
To paraphrase the first few sentences , it says in 2013 the Vikings had no intention on trading Percy Harvin. In 2019 the Vikings have no intention of trading Diggs.
Then they talk about his frustration and how they could get multiple picks to trade him etc.
Sucks to me we are in a great position having 2 WRs of with the talent and big play ability on this roster, as well as other O weapons, and a high priced supposed franchise QB that was to lead us to the promised land has turned into this sort of debacle.
As I said before, I was a Cousins supporter and really did believe in him. Unfortunately that belief has waned dramatically. Still holding out hope.. I truly am. But I am starting to believe i am fooling myself and preparing myself for more of a met down.
Thanks for the tip that article. There is also this one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/c ... umor-mill/

It’s rapidly becoming a sad state of affairs it appears. This is usually what happens when expectations are high and things don’t go according to plan. My hope is they can get a handle off n this situation one way or another. As I stated in a prior post. If he wants out, I would trade him as long as they get the value they want for him.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Alaskan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:51 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:54 am

It’s rapidly becoming a sad state of affairs it appears. This is usually what happens when expectations are high and things don’t go according to plan. My hope is they can get a handle off n this situation one way or another. As I stated in a prior post. If he wants out, I would trade him as long as they get the value they want for him.
Well I see all the new stuff about Diggs and saw his presser today, and also watched Stefanskis.
Went from so much promise s few years ago to this crap.
I really am at odds on what to believe and what to even post. I never dreamed a few years ago it would be like this now. Hope is now fading faster than before.
And to to make matters even worse , it's that time of year for the activity I love most.. bowhunting deer here in Ohio, and I have nerve damage in my elbow and thumb and carpal tunnel in my right arm, my drawing arm. I have a nerve test on the 15th and then see the surgeon on the 16th to schedule surgery. He is afraid he will be cutting into both the hand and elbow. But either way I can't get out. Shot all yr long as usual and then 1 wk before opening day something popped in the elbow. I was waiting till after my tags were filled to make the appt. Hoping he only has to do hand and I can heal up and still hunt late season and fill the tags.
So life sucks right now. Cant hunt and the Vikings are a debacle. Was so pumped up for Fall for my 2 biggest passions outside of family, and cant enjoy either.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:19 pm
Alaskan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Well I see all the new stuff about Diggs and saw his presser today, and also watched Stefanskis.
Went from so much promise s few years ago to this crap.
I really am at odds on what to believe and what to even post. I never dreamed a few years ago it would be like this now. Hope is now fading faster than before.
And to to make matters even worse , it's that time of year for the activity I love most.. bowhunting deer here in Ohio, and I have nerve damage in my elbow and thumb and carpal tunnel in my right arm, my drawing arm. I have a nerve test on the 15th and then see the surgeon on the 16th to schedule surgery. He is afraid he will be cutting into both the hand and elbow. But either way I can't get out. Shot all yr long as usual and then 1 wk before opening day something popped in the elbow. I was waiting till after my tags were filled to make the appt. Hoping he only has to do hand and I can heal up and still hunt late season and fill the tags.
So life sucks right now. Cant hunt and the Vikings are a debacle. Was so pumped up for Fall for my 2 biggest passions outside of family, and cant enjoy either.
Hang in there buddy. Things will come around. They always do. The media is blowing this thing out of proportion again like they always do it seems. It’s all about ratings. Hopefully Diggs and these young guys learn from this. Hopefully someone is mentoring them through this and helping them understand what it means to be a leader. Most of These kids are mid twenties and really don’t know much about anything. They will make mistakes and learn how to be men. We have all been there in one way or another.

As to the hunting have u looked into using a crossbow until u get mended up? Not the same at the compound bow but it would get you back in the woods enjoying those elements of the hunt. Just a thought