march 9 is the kalil deadline

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: march 9 is the kalil deadline

Post by chicagopurple »

ugh.....
we reallly need to move on.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

chicagopurple wrote:ugh.....
we reallly need to move on.
We need someone competent to move on TO first...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

yeah and Spielman gets paid the big bucks to do just that.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

I guess we are keeping him then?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

720pete wrote:I guess we are keeping him then?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Yes
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

If Boone, Loadholt, Fusco and Sullivan all start and stay healthy that reduces Kalil to one gap pick up
and outside pass protection. Kalil might not be great but that should make him much more effective
as a LT. Teams will have two blitz heavy which Zimmer and company can use Ellison, Line, Asiata
etc etc to help cover.

Boone will be the best LG we have had since Hutchinson.. not as good but a real good LG

I still want us to pick up a few talented guys because this is a deep draft on the OL
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Kalil doesnt have the speed or durability to cover the outside rusher. When he does, he will commit boneheaded penalties and kill our drives, all for the bargain basement price of 11,000,000.00$$ :wallbang:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Rick and Co. screwed up there. Dont know what they could have done, but Kalil is not an elite tackle (even if they are paying him to be one). We just have to hope he can play better this season then last season now.

Its kind of sad. I have wanted then to get some good linemen for years, they finally pay big bucks for a tackle, and, IMO, he's injured. *sigh*
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I'm just wondering how much having a new line coach will improve Kalil? Will Tony get him motivated this year?
I'm thinking that also having a decent left guard playing beside him could help a little. "every little bit helps"
I also would still like to see us take a decent left tackle in the draft.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

halfgiz wrote:I'm just wondering how much having a new line coach will improve Kalil? Will Tony get him motivated this year?
I'm thinking that also having a decent left guard playing beside him could help a little. "every little bit helps"
I also would still like to see us take a decent left tackle in the draft.
If Tunsil or Stanley fall past 10 I would consider trading up for him. Conklin is likely a RT, Decker probably the next best LT prospect. After that come Spriggs and Ifedi as potential LTs, who both have pretty big question marks/inconsistency on tape (I've heard). Long story short, we aren't likely to take a Tackle at 23 in my opinion. We already have 3 RTs currently on the roster and no LT available would be a clear upgrade over Kalil. I highly doubt we consider an interior lineman either, especially with the depth available, there will likely be guys still on the board who can play G and C at a high level well into the 4th-5th round.

I think Spielman likes spending 1st-3rd round picks on great athletes and potentially dynamic players. Since he took over post triangle of authority that seems to be a pattern. I expect more of the same this year, with a G/C or two added between the 4th-6th rounds.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

fiestavike wrote: If Tunsil or Stanley fall past 10 I would consider trading up for him. Conklin is likely a RT, Decker probably the next best LT prospect. After that come Spriggs and Ifedi as potential LTs, who both have pretty big question marks/inconsistency on tape (I've heard). Long story short, we aren't likely to take a Tackle at 23 in my opinion. We already have 3 RTs currently on the roster and no LT available would be a clear upgrade over Kalil. I highly doubt we consider an interior lineman either, especially with the depth available, there will likely be guys still on the board who can play G and C at a high level well into the 4th-5th round.

I think Spielman likes spending 1st-3rd round picks on great athletes and potentially dynamic players. Since he took over post triangle of authority that seems to be a pattern. I expect more of the same this year, with a G/C or two added between the 4th-6th rounds.
I'm in agreement on the round picks I think at least the first round will be BPA. I guess we will have to see who that ends up being.
But we really could us a backup offensive lineman on that side to push Kalil.
I was happy the way the draft worked out for us last year.