2019 Roster Moves and Transactions Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2019 Roster Moves and Transactions Thread

Post by dead_poet »

dead_poet wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:11 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 am Called it, Vikings just resigned treadwell. I think it’s a smart move given Beebe is gonna be out
I was just going to post that Sherels is available. Probably a moot point now with reTreadwell back on the roster.
Sounds like Sherels is back?!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

Knowing the history of this Franchise. It would not surprise me if the Vikings finally win their first Superbowl and it was something Laquon Threadwell did. It would just fit this franchise perfectly.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:21 pm [But I think that makes perfect sense because you get back end CB depth plus a legit punt returner. With Meadors you get nothing
I would like to think Meadors is on the roster for a good reason. He must have shown something to merit that, but I agree it hasn't shown up in games so far.

With Meadors you get youth and potential. If you cut him to sign Sherels, that might not be a bad idea, but neither is it risk-free.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

VikingLord wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:46 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:21 pm [But I think that makes perfect sense because you get back end CB depth plus a legit punt returner. With Meadors you get nothing
I would like to think Meadors is on the roster for a good reason. He must have shown something to merit that, but I agree it hasn't shown up in games so far.

With Meadors you get youth and potential. If you cut him to sign Sherels, that might not be a bad idea, but neither is it risk-free.
Practice squad Meadors. Win-win. He was going to be released after Hill returned anyway.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:50 pm
VikingLord wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:46 pm

Practice squad Meadors. Win-win. He was going to be released after Hill returned anyway.
I'd grab Sherels just for punt returns. Who is doing that now, by the way?
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Sherels is officially back now too.

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-si ... ve-injured

They released Cordarelle Patterson to make room.

Just kidding on that last part, but all these return players feels weird :lol:

They actually released Downs.
Last edited by Dames on Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damian
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

[Peyton Manning voice]

"Getting the band back together!"
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

fiestavike wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... s-sherels/

Hooray! Welcome back Sherels!
AMEN!!!!!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

fiestavike wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... s-sherels/

Hooray! Welcome back Sherels!
LOVE this move.

The perfect justice would be for Marcus to take one to the house in a playoff victory over the Saints.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Dames wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:41 pm Sherels is officially back now too.

Thing is Cordarelle Patterson actually has had a long career. If you put him one on one with Sherels he would smoke that stiff easily. Once Patterson gets the ball in his hands he's lighting. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he lights us up once.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:06 am
Dames wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:41 pm Sherels is officially back now too.

Thing is Cordarelle Patterson actually has had a long career. If you put him one on one with Sherels he would smoke that stiff easily. Once Patterson gets the ball in his hands he's lighting. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he lights us up once.
Sherels is far from a stiff but I will say, there is no player in the NFL more dangerous with the ball in his hands than Patterson.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:17 am
Sherels is far from a stiff but I will say, there is no player in the NFL more dangerous with the ball in his hands than Patterson.
Dalvin is giving him a run for his money this year. Kamara, Barkley and Mahomes deserve to be in that conversation, too.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Did you ever see Sherels play CB? I saw him once and he shouldn't be on the field at that position. However it's good that he is back. He helps in many ways with the special teams. It's always good to have a player like that. Concerning CP getting the ball in his hands is the problem. I'm sure he'll line up in multiple spots. Please don't take this as I'm saying he's a good player. But he can take it to the house once the ball is in his hands.
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

dead_poet wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:52 am

Dalvin is giving him a run for his money this year. Kamara, Barkley and Mahomes deserve to be in that conversation, too.
I submit Lamar Jackson for discussion. He is fun to watch