How happy are you with this draft?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How pleased are you by the Vikings 2013 draft?

We kicked serious @$$
52%
Happy with what we did
28%
Pleased
11%
Not sure, will wait and see how they turn out
9%
We got great value but didn't get the right guys
No votes
Not happy with this draft
No votes

Total votes: 116

KilgoreT
Rookie

Re: How happy are you with this draft?

Post by KilgoreT »

Every day the same thing, variety
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

BGM wrote:If two of the three first round draft picks become Pro Bowlers, this will be an amazingly successful draft. If all three do, it will be legendary. What I expect is for one of them to become a standout player, one of them to become a decent starter, and one of them to bust. Why? Because I am a Vikings fan, and while I am excited for the potential, my excitement is tempered by the fact that I am a Vikings fan.
one of them will be a future hall of famer I bet. :thumbsup:
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

Here's how i see it.

Floyd - Powerful, run stuffing DT with a huge upside as a pass rusher as well. Top 10 talent that fell to 23

Rhodes - Big, physical corner with great athletic ability. Could be the shutdown corner we haven't had in well i cant even remember.

Patterson - Versatile, elusive, fast. Has the size and ability to be a true #1 with the versatility to contribute more than a #1.

All teams start with 4 picks in the first 4 rounds. The vikings still had 4 picks in the first 4 rounds, 3 of them just happened to be first round picks. Don't see why people hate the trade so much.
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great

hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote: I bet your right hibbingviking! I use to live in Virginia. Man I miss being only an hour drive from the wilderness :D
grew up in hoyt lakes and Hibbing, great place to grow up. been to Virginia many times. love the iron range.
shariff Floyd and Patterson has the biggest upsides in the draft imo. looks like Patterson took a fall in the draft on draft day for some reason. probably because he is so raw. not sure why shariff fell. I felt like we would of had to move up to draft shariff. Vikings got lucky. made up fore some bonehead mistakes on draft day in the past.