Peterson plea deal...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Peterson plea deal...

Post by The Breeze »

Texas Vike wrote:I think I'm past the point of caring, really. Part of me would prefer a fresh start with a young back without the baggage.

I have no doubt that there's info that we don't have that is the core of the issue. It may be beyond repair at this point and best for all involved to move on.
That's where I'm settling emotionally....just find the whole dyanmic fascinating, the opinions being expressed and how everyone communicates and comprehends.
Just reinforces the fact of how subjective our realities our.
I've always counted on sports to satisfy my need for objective hard line reality....a winner and a loser no gray area. It's these apsects of it that reveal my illusions and get the hamster wheel in my head spinning.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:Nice...

I missed the comments where the front office and the coach said the trust was broken and AP did this that or the other things... If I missed them I would be very interested in reading them. So far all I have heard from the Viking camp is the "right" stuff publicly. If the "wrong" stuff was said privately. AP should have responded privately.
The "right" and "wrong" stuff is all just stuff. the labels are subjective. My point was that when key members of the Vikings organization publicly declared that they want Peterson back it was no less "posturing" than Peterson saying he loves Minnesota, loves the fans, loves Zimmer but is conflicted about coming back due to other factors. It would be naive to think both sides of the equation aren't setting the table for what they intend to do or want to happen.
Clarification before you all see it :lol: I my petty wish for him to go somewhere he doesn't want to may seem like a wrong to a wrong. I really just hope that, what I see as his bad behavior, isn't rewarded by going where he wants.
His interview struck me as pretty honest and if it was, why is being honest about his feelings in an interview "bad behavior"?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Ben Leber ‏@nacholeber -- Rob Brzezinski is one of most respected and level headed executives w/ #Vikings. Guessing Dogra provoked fight. Trade coming. #AP
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

fiestavike wrote:

My point is, imagine what McKinnon could do behind a line that gives Asiate 5 yards a pop.

I like Asiata as a short yardage guy and a platoon with McKinnon and another guy. My concern with McKinnon is just durability. Back surgery is no joke, and not a great way to end his first year in the league, but I don't write him off at all.
Yeah...we agree. I don't know what he actually did to his back specifically.....but I like the idea of having a couple guys that are solid vs one guy getting over relyed upon.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:What should we make of reports disconnecting Adrian Peterson from Vikings?

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/rand ... to-cowboys
Thanks for the link. To expand on Rand's point, I wouldn't be surprised if an awful lot of this is just both sides setting the table for a financial negotiation. Peterson and Dogra might actually be looking for a trade or they might just be looking to create leverage so that Peterson gets to play for the salary he's contracted to play for this season, not a renegotiated, reduced salary.

I think both sides are trying to set up their next move. We'll just have to wait for answers. :(

The whole thing is taxing...
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote:
His interview struck me as pretty honest and if it was, why is being honest about his feelings in an interview "bad behavior"?

I feel that I made it fairly clear how I feel about airing negative feelings so publicly and unabashedly. Personal opinions are by their very nature subjective. Just because someone deems his behavior acceptable or unacceptable doesn't make it so. Each through their own lens. Mine happens to see Adrian Peterson as acting immaturely. For whatever the reason he is doing it I disagree.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I don't understand what is going on. Why is it coming to this? It seemed like in ADs interview that he was uneasy, and thats it. Nothing too extravagant. Then we hear he requested a trade, which was debunked. Now, this news of a fight last week which we are hearing about only now.
This isn't Adrian Peterson. I could see Peecy Harvin or even Randy Moss having these types of reports, but not Adrian Peterson. He seemed to do everything right up until last season.
What is going on? I am more confused than anytjing else right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Bottom line folks is this. Peterson has basically four option. None of which he has any leverage for. So I would be willing to bet that his agent did this on his own to try to create some leverage.

His options.

Play for the Vikings

Hold out.

Retire

Request a trade.

Only one of those require the Vikings to pay him. As to the trade, who will trade for him? Who can afford his $12.75 million. The list is short.

Dallas can't unless they want to cut some players.

Browns, Jacksonville, Oakland, Tampa, Colts, Titans, and Bills can easily absorb his money.

He should be careful what he pushes for.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I don't understand what is going on. Why is it coming to this? It seemed like in ADs interview that he was uneasy, and thats it. Nothing too extravagant. Then we hear he requested a trade, which was debunked. Now, this news of a fight last week which we are hearing about only now.
This isn't Adrian Peterson. I could see Peecy Harvin or even Randy Moss having these types of reports, but not Adrian Peterson. He seemed to do everything right up until last season.
A big part of what's going on is that it's the offseason and Peterson is ratings/click bait gold so every rumor is going to get reported. Part of it is likely Peterson's agent and the Vikings jockeying for position.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: A big part of what's going on is that it's the offseason and Peterson is ratings/click bait gold so every rumor is going to get reported. Part of it is likely Peterson's agent and the Vikings jockeying for position.
And since when do agents get in fights with executives? This all seems like something you would see in a bad movie.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I don't understand what is going on. Why is it coming to this? It seemed like in ADs interview that he was uneasy, and thats it. Nothing too extravagant. Then we hear he requested a trade, which was debunked. Now, this news of a fight last week which we are hearing about only now.

me too.

the whole affair from beginning to now is just mind boggling.

extreme over reactions at nearly every opportunity IMO.
____
the results are more indicative of the basic sums of human fears and fragility than any individual misdeed.
_____
that fact that an Adrian Peterson can exist and thrive seemingly solely between the confines of the gridiron, gym and trolling the vajayjay while being simutaneously idolized, worshipped and resented by the same people is one of those weird side effects of the society we've somehow chosen to live in.
____
people just love it when a star tumbles. the prodigal son becomes states enemy because he fails to grasp the larger reality he's been shielded from since high school.
_____
yeah...he's probably immature and naive but this situation is definitely a product of our society.
____
superstar types have every word and act ignoramously amplifed to a degree that beggars belief IMO.
____
i think the whole problem stems from putting them on a pedastal in the first place....or more correctly stems from why we insist on doing it.
___
udder madness
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Well, this is an interesting line in the ESPN article:
The confrontation with Brzezinski was not the only exchange that Dogra had with executives and other agents during the combine, according to sources.
WTF does this agent think he is? This story just keeps getting more and more weird.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: And since when do agents get in fights with executives? This all seems like something you would see in a bad movie.

"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Well, this is an interesting line in the ESPN article:
WTF does this agent think he is? This story just keeps getting more and more weird.
I think the fact that this went unreported thursday, unreported friday, unreported saturday, and unreported sunday, indicates that there is nothing and nobody on the record about this event, and perhaps no corroboration for the story at all. If any insider had the goods on this it would have been out already.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Well, this is an interesting line in the ESPN article:
It doesn't sound all that weird to me. An "exchange" could be a normal conversation. I would expect an agent with as many clients as Dogra to have exchanges with executives and other agents during the combine. That's not newsworthy. If they were angry, heated exchanges, that might be another story but if they were angry, heated exchanges, why not say that?

Very little of what's going is unusual, if you ask me. I think we're just seeing some posturing, a lot of click bait and a lot of unsubstantiated rumors from "sources". A bunch of NFL reporters are bunched together in indy for the combine and they're probably gossiping like schoolgirls. :lol:
fiestavike wrote:I think the fact that this went unreported thursday, unreported friday, unreported saturday, and unreported sunday, indicates that there is nothing and nobody on the record about this event, and perhaps no corroboration for the story at all. If any insider had the goods on this it would have been out already.
Agreed.