Week 14: Vikings @ Lions predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Lions

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

chicagopurple wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:23 am I dont know what concussion rules in the NFL permit but I do know for young atheletes in high school, a third concussion in one season means you are out for the season. Darrisaw has 2 now....anyone know what the NFL limits are?
Evans is on his 3rd and was just put on IR but is eligible to return in week 18.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:08 am
chicagopurple wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:23 am I dont know what concussion rules in the NFL permit but I do know for young atheletes in high school, a third concussion in one season means you are out for the season. Darrisaw has 2 now....anyone know what the NFL limits are?
Evans is on his 3rd and was just put on IR but is eligible to return in week 18.
Is he on this 3rd this season or 3rd in his football career HS/College/Pro?
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:18 pm

I think its his 3rd this season. Not sure if he ever had one during his college career.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

That could be. I just saw in a write up that it was his 3rd concussion. I can recall two this year, not sure about the 3rd.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:16 am
That could be. I just saw in a write up that it was his 3rd concussion. I can recall two this year, not sure about the 3rd.
He had one in training camp or preseason. Can’t remember which. Then Buffalo, and then the Jets by friendly fire.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

chicagopurple wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:02 pm Well, when you are 10-2 and every win has been by the skin of your teeth, you wont get a lot of confidence from the odds makers. T
Agreed, but that is side stepping the point. You said you could imagine the Vikings overlooking the Lions. My point was that given the HUGE importance of this game (we can clinch the division, for one, and the national media and Vegas are not giving us ANY respect) I highly doubt that our players will overlook this game.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:48 am
chicagopurple wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:02 pm Well, when you are 10-2 and every win has been by the skin of your teeth, you wont get a lot of confidence from the odds makers. T
Agreed, but that is side stepping the point. You said you could imagine the Vikings overlooking the Lions. My point was that given the HUGE importance of this game (we can clinch the division, for one, and the national media and Vegas are not giving us ANY respect) I highly doubt that our players will overlook this game.
You need to realize that Vikings will never get any respect until Vikings win the Super Bowl
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:10 am
Texas Vike wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:48 am

You need to realize that Vikings will never get any respect until Vikings win the Super Bowl
I realized that about 25 years ago, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of eggs. :rofl:
Whether THE Vikings get respect or not from national media doesn't matter one iota to me. But I can assure you that it does matter to the players and coaches. It will motivate them today.
SunyP
Practice Squad

Re: Week 14: Vikings @ Lions predictions

Post by SunyP »

I thought we had a great chance to win this game since the last 3 teams we played had top defensive units in the league but with the flu permeating the team locker room I have my doubts...hope I'm wrong.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

SunyP wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:18 am I thought we had a great chance to win this game since the last 3 teams we played had top defensive units in the league but with the flu permeating the team locker room I have my doubts...hope I'm wrong.
Who is out with the flu? I'd not seen this news. Is that why Harrison Smith is questionable?
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Vikings luck runs out.The Lions finally look like they might be for real. I think the Lions get the early lead, and win the game by 7.
SunyP
Practice Squad

Post by SunyP »

[
Who is out with the flu? I'd not seen this news. Is that why Harrison Smith is questionable?
[/quote]

Bradbury, Smith plus others playing but under the weather.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

SunyP wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:50 am [
Bradbury, Smith plus others playing but under the weather.
[/quote]
Smith is out
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

We’re about an hour and a half out from kickoff at Ford Field, folks, and that means it’s time for the inactive lists to come out. Both the Minnesota Vikings and Detroit Lions have declared their inactives for this one, so let’s take a look at who will be watching this one in street clothes.

Minnesota Vikings
DL Ross Blacklock
C Garrett Bradbury
OT Christian Darrisaw
S Harrison Smith
OLB Luiji Vilain
We brought you the story about Darrisaw and Smith both being inactive this morning, and now Bradbury will join them. Blake Brandel gets the start for Darrisaw, Josh Metellus will step in for Smith, and Austin Schlottman will start at center for Bradbury.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:11 pm We’re about an hour and a half out from kickoff at Ford Field, folks, and that means it’s time for the inactive lists to come out. Both the Minnesota Vikings and Detroit Lions have declared their inactives for this one, so let’s take a look at who will be watching this one in street clothes.

Minnesota Vikings
DL Ross Blacklock
C Garrett Bradbury
OT Christian Darrisaw
S Harrison Smith
OLB Luiji Vilain
We brought you the story about Darrisaw and Smith both being inactive this morning, and now Bradbury will join them. Blake Brandel gets the start for Darrisaw, Josh Metellus will step in for Smith, and Austin Schlottman will start at center for Bradbury.
Uff, that OL is rough. Feeling less confident now.